Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    Actually the replacing of the heroes with new characters I don't mind that much cause it avoids the annoying habit of recasting all the time like they did with Hulk and Spider-Man.

For example I'd rather they do an Avengers movie where most of the Avengers are no more, where Kang attacks the planet and someone race against Kang in time to recruit a new Avengers team and bring forth a young Howard Stark from the past and bring him in the present day and he becomes a new Iron Man. It would explain the change in personality, plus it's not a reboot, it keeps the same continuity. Furthermore it's something that would be interesting to see. He would be less comedic and more of a Howard Hughes/Victor Newman-type yet given it's 2018 + it would lead to comedic situations on their own. (Also it opens the possibilities of bringing new heroes from different time periods like Black Knight, maybe the Red Baron, Kazar(without the Savage Land backstory), Two-Gun kid, etc...)
    There's a red Baron super hero in marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    There's a red Baron super hero in marvel?
    There could be. You could pull any fighters from any eras. William Tell, etc...

Spectacular Member

Keeping in mind small changes, I would've done what should've been done in Winter Soldier and had Steve and Natasha become a couple and remain in a committed relationship throughout the following films (AoU, CW, IW,A4). No only do they work as a couple in that they are "mundane" heroes that are living lives that they never though they would have, Evans and Johansson have real chemistry. And no more pistols for Nat, she should've got the Widow's Bites in AoU.

I wouldn't have killed Jeffrey Mace / Patriot in AoS. I would have used him to reintroduce SHIELD into the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Don't be afraid to recast the big guns and continue the current continuity with the timeless heroes....
    YES! A big mistake that the MCU can make is killing of Tony or Steve. Let a few movies come out with out them and re-cast.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by McMax View Post
    I wouldn't have killed Jeffrey Mace / Patriot in AoS. I would have used him to reintroduce SHIELD into the movies.
    Didn't Nick Fury already do that in Age Of Ultron?

At the end of Winter Soldier, Black Widow hands Cap a dossier about the Winter Soldier. Cap is planning on investigating, and Falcon agrees to go with him. So I would have liked to see a Captain America and Falcon movie about that.

Ramifications wouldn't have been a whole lot, just would have added more nuance and depth to the Civil War stuff with Bucky and Cap. And it probably would have been a killer film.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Another change I would have made is have Winter Soldier be the pseudo villain in Civil War. In that he raises Hell by himself, not being mind-controlled. He make things exploded which kills people. He become a full blown terrorist because he is after things related to his past. Cap has to stop him yet have to stop the other heroes of getting at him. The end is similar to what happened but Cap instead turns on Bucky and their friendship, realising there is a greater good than their friendship.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    At the end of Winter Soldier, Black Widow hands Cap a dossier about the Winter Soldier. Cap is planning on investigating, and Falcon agrees to go with him. So I would have liked to see a Captain America and Falcon movie about that.
    That's a weakness of a shared universe made up of movies: you can't really do that kind of thing. You only get to make a Captain America movie every two or three years or so. You can't really waste one on what is better suited to one or two episodes of a tv series.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Didn't Nick Fury already do that in Age Of Ultron?
    No Fury just showed up with the Helicarrier, I mean bringing the organization back. A scene in IW with Mace announcing that SHIELD is back and ready to help. Then scene with some quinjets around that ring over New York City and maybe a SHIELD combat team at the fight in London.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by McMax View Post
    No Fury just showed up with the Helicarrier, I mean bringing the organization back. A scene in IW with Mace announcing that SHIELD is back and ready to help. Then scene with some quinjets around that ring over New York City and maybe a SHIELD combat team at the fight in London.
    I think as far as the movies are concerned, Fury brought SHIELD back, and Mace has never even existed.

I was going to say “erase the Inhumans from continuity and make a movie sometime down the line” but I think a better answer is to stop pretending the TV shows are canon and allow all those characters in the movies. The Defenders could stay but the idea of having everything Marvel related in the same continuity is a bad one, especially if the movies refuse to acknowledge the TV shows.

If they put Deadpool into the universe after the Fox merger that’ll be the biggest mistake. Doesn’t fit in with the universe and the meta jokes would take you right out of any Avengers movie.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    The change I would make hasn't happened yet. Don't be afraid to recast the big guns and continue the current continuity with the timeless heroes. We all love RDJ, but other actors can, in fact, play the role and make it their own.
    The MCU heroes before the MCU weren’t timeless. Iron Man before RDJ had no popular appeal, the Guardians of the Galaxy were irrelevant and most people had no idea who Doctor Strange and Ant-Man were.

If the MCU can make Guardians of the Galaxy a hit, why can’t it do the same for Falcon Cap? There’s no need to recast and play with the same characters when you can have a natural end to those characters and develop new ones without losing any money. Especially with the X-Men joining soon.

Stick Clint Barton into one of the Iron Man movies and introduce him as a classically douchey antagonist (before his inevitable reformation). At present, he's the weak link in the Avengers line up.

I mean, don't get me wrong; he'd probably make a good work colleague, a supportive friend in a romantic comedy, or a strait-laced disbelieving foil to the antics of an imbecilic comedy protagonist. But as a character he's definitely low wattage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    The MCU heroes before the MCU weren’t timeless. Iron Man before RDJ had no popular appeal, the Guardians of the Galaxy were irrelevant and most people had no idea who Doctor Strange and Ant-Man were.

If the MCU can make Guardians of the Galaxy a hit, why can’t it do the same for Falcon Cap? There’s no need to recast and play with the same characters when you can have a natural end to those characters and develop new ones without losing any money. Especially with the X-Men joining soon.
    Falcon Cap would be a very different superhero, as the MCU Falcon has no superpowers beyond a flying suit. As Falcon Cap, he would basically still just be The Falcon. Winter Soldier would be a more logical replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    Falcon Cap would be a very different superhero, as the MCU Falcon has no superpowers beyond a flying suit. As Falcon Cap, he would basically still just be The Falcon. Winter Soldier would be a more logical replacement.
    Anthony Mackie is a better lead than Sebastion Stan though.

Either way, the MCU doesn’t need Steve Rogers to survive and would be better off naturally retiring him after Avengers 4 than having him around forever with an ongoing series of actors playing him. Audiences aren’t going to buy the sliding timeline nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    Anthony Mackie is a better lead than Sebastion Stan though.

Either way, the MCU doesn’t need Steve Rogers to survive and would be better off naturally retiring him after Avengers 4 than having him around forever with an ongoing series of actors playing him. Audiences aren’t going to buy the sliding timeline nonsense.
    I agree that he needs to retire at some point, but I'd rather just not have someone take the costume and the shield. Maybe keep Evans around as an occasional player in other people's movies, but not have him replaced. Just let new superheroes step up and take over the leadership role.