View Poll Results: Will a classic Wonder Woman rogue be in the next film?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Likely

17 77.27%
  • Unlikely

5 22.73%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Norm MacDonald

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Well Sara Paulsen is interested in playing the Cheetah, so there is that.

BANNED

I feel like you can't just do Cheetah. I'd personally say Cheetah and Circe.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Why can't they just do cheetah?

I feel like, if you're going to use Cheetah, you have to build-up to her and use another villain as the main one while you develop Cheetah's relationship/enmity with Diana.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Why can't they just do cheetah?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like, if you're going to use Cheetah, you have to build-up to her and use another villain as the main one while you develop Cheetah's relationship/enmity with Diana.
    Exact same sentimence on it. I feel like anything that deals with a betrayal or relationship like that should develop over the course of one film so it could have more depth to it. Same reason I feel Orm and Arthur's relationship should be fleshed out more before Orm is made into a primary antagonist but that's just my opinion on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Agree. Rucka did great by building her pathos and relationship and backstory with Diana as Barbara Ann Minerva, while the other more flamboyant villains like Veronica Cale were the traditional villains.

I see Cheetah working best in a Harvey Dent/Two-Face role in The Dark Knight, at least in her first movie. While a more showy villain like Circe or Cale fills in the Joker role.

I hope it's Circe.

Peace

But I'd be fine with this too.

Peace

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I really want Cheetah.
    Does cheetah seem big enough to do anythng world threatenning? she seems like the green goblin it takes half the movie for her creation. Circe is the third option, but i dont think hollywod likes women fighting each other

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Does cheetah seem big enough to do anythng world threatenning? she seems like the green goblin it takes half the movie for her creation. Circe is the third option, but i dont think hollywod likes women fighting each other
    Not every threat needs to be world-threatening. Cheetah's story, if handled correctly, can be all about the personal relationship between Diana and herself. It's a story of a friendship (or possibly a love affair) torn apart. It's a story of betrayal and loss. It doesn't matter if Cheetah can't wipe out whole cities, the emotional stakes for Diana will be high enough.

Heck, the audience may find it refreshing to have a story that doesn't revolve around the imminent destruction of the world.

All Cheetah needs to be is powerful enough to threaten Diana herself and savage enough to kill innocent people. The story practically writes itself at that point.

I do agree that it may be best, however, to spend the next movie setting up the showdown between Diana and Cheetah. This story NEED to have emotional impact on the audience. They need to care about Barbara before she turns. They need to FEEL Diana's grief and loss when her friend and/or lover turns on her. It needs to feel like WE'RE the ones being betrayed here. It may be hard to get the audience to that spot in a single movie. Nolan pulled it off pretty well with Two-Face, but......well? He's Chris Freaking Nolan.

Obviously, this is all assuming they'll even go with the betrayal angle at all. They may bring Cheetah in as having already been turned and she's just a straight-up villain from the start. Who knows?
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Well Sara Paulsen is interested in playing the Cheetah, so there is that.
    Not a bad choice for Cheetah, assuming they go with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Agree. Rucka did great by building her pathos and relationship and backstory with Diana as Barbara Ann Minerva, while the other more flamboyant villains like Veronica Cale were the traditional villains.

I see Cheetah working best in a Harvey Dent/Two-Face role in The Dark Knight, at least in her first movie. While a more showy villain like Circe or Cale fills in the Joker role.
    I don't think Cale is that flamboyant (especially in the same sentence as Circe), but I definitely think Circe as the main villain while the film builds up Cheetah would probably work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    If Cheetah or one of Diana's original(non-public domain) villains isn't in the next Wonder Woman movie, I probably won't even bother to see it. WB needs to fully commit to Wonder Woman and her universe. If they don't, I'm out.
    Cheetah is definitely the most likely villain for the second movie. Most of Wonder Woman's villains are not widely known like Batman, the Flash's or even Supermans, but Cheetah has had exposure because of the old Superfriends cartoons.
    What I Read: Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Justice League, Batman, Detective Comics, Batgirl, , The Flash, Action Comics, Superman, and Suicide Squad

What I Miss: Justice League and Justice League Unlimited TV Series, Wolverine and the X-Men TV Series and the Marvel Comics that got me into reading comics to begin with.

"I can't wait until the 'Ric' plot line ends!"