View Poll Results: How would you rate X-Men: Blue #18?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great

14 17.07%
  • Good

45 54.88%
  • Meh

16 19.51%
  • Poor

5 6.10%
  • Horrible

2 2.44%
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    If anything, Scott's determination, overcoming isecurities, fears deserves admiration because it would be harder for him to accomplish it. That demonstrates strength of character.
    X-Men were at their best from Morrison on until AvX.
    I like the development of his character from Morrison, Whedon, leader of Utopia, his disobedience to the captain fascist/avengers.
    I see it as becoming a confident, independent alpha male/leader of the mutantkind/Rightclops.
    He is not a pretty boy angel (not all girls want a pretty face boy)
    but he is handsome, in a traditional American guy sense.
    Why is young Cyke so Beta, so embarrassing ?
    because he was made for the laziest of reasons that is to nullify decades of character development because the writers are too lazy to find a way to write classic Cyclops out of the corner they put him.
    I don't see the point in quoting me if you aren't going to talk about anything that I said in my post and instead masturbate to the idea of the false "Rightclops."

Morrison's run is my favorite, but not because of Scott - because of Jean. And I think the X-Men were at their apex between the eighties and early 00's... where leadership was split or varied.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Whoa now, let's be real. The X-Men were at their best under Claremont, and mostly under Storm's leadership.
    Because Claremont, and other writers at the time, were able to make the stories feel like a true team book. Whether it was Cyclops or Storm leading it never felt like the book should have been called "Pet Character & a bunch of other people." Storm's transition to leading the team works because it allows Claremont to explore the story of Cyclops trying to find a life outside of the X-Men.

I'm still not sure why he felt Storm had to end up failing and getting the team killed, though

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I don't see the point in quoting me if you aren't going to talk about anything that I said in my post and instead masturbate to the idea of the false "Rightclops."

Morrison's run is my favorite, but not because of Scott - because of Jean. And I think the X-Men were at their apex between the eighties and early 00's... where leadership was split or varied.
    from your previous post
    "Scott isn't this alpha male god, especially the teen Cyclops."

you missed point about Scott's transformation into Alpha male. I explained how the development of his character turned him into Alpha.
    I liked fight morisson jean with emma . The most famous emma/ jean moments are jean bullying emma, also jean calling her a bitch. Her defining feature under Morrison was her short temper. if anything she cared too much and got riled up too easily. i like how Jean psychically tortured mistress which seduced her husband.
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Because Claremont, and other writers at the time, were able to make the stories feel like a true team book. Whether it was Cyclops or Storm leading it never felt like the book should have been called "Pet Character & a bunch of other people." Storm's transition to leading the team works because it allows Claremont to explore the story of Cyclops trying to find a life outside of the X-Men.

I'm still not sure why he felt Storm had to end up failing and getting the team killed, though
    I agree with the bolded.

As for the second part, please, those fools didn't last 5 seconds without Storm's brilliant leadership and got themselves killed! Besides, little 'Ro was busy recruiting Gambit and kicking Shadow King's ass.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    from your previous post
    "Scott isn't this alpha male god, especially the teen Cyclops."

you missed point about Scott's transformation into Alpha male. I explained how the development of his character turned him into Alpha.
    I liked fight morisson jean with emma . The most famous emma/ jean moments are jean bullying emma, also jean calling her a bitch. Her defining feature under Morrison was her short temper. if anything she cared too much and got riled up too easily. i like how Jean psychically tortured mistress which seduced her husband.
    açpha male is a ridiculous term for: toxic masculinity stereotype. Cyclops became a sad parody of steve rogers and his older self

How can jean bully emma, if it was emma that slept with jean husband?

Morrison really loved emma too much but she was trash to jean. Jean was even too good for emma. she put emma back together (shouldn't but did anyway)

Jean and Bloodstorm even talked with eachother, some kind of bonding? i really don't remember them doing it