Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

I guess it’s poetic that after carrying the Ultimate Universe as far as they could it’s Miles via Bendis that brings it back

Before Secret Wars began all its weirdness, the UU was in a great place for Miles. Peter was retiring, so the Spider-Man label worked just fine. So right when everything is good, they thrust Miles into the 616 where he has the same problem all over again.

And now they bring back the UU and somehow Peter is still active and Norman is alive again. I'm guessing the UU had a different history and there never was a Miles Spider-Man over there now.

But it is odd to fix things realy ell only to mess it all up again. And now Miles will end up being "The Web" or "Spin-Man" or some other lame-o thing. Oh well.

Nice to see Bagley in this issue again. But the series was pretty unamazing.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Before Secret Wars began all its weirdness, the UU was in a great place for Miles. Peter was retiring, so the Spider-Man label worked just fine. So right when everything is good, they thrust Miles into the 616 where he has the same problem all over again.

And now they bring back the UU and somehow Peter is still active and Norman is alive again. I'm guessing the UU had a different history and there never was a Miles Spider-Man over there now.

But it is odd to fix things realy ell only to mess it all up again. And now Miles will end up being "The Web" or "Spin-Man" or some other lame-o thing. Oh well.

Nice to see Bagley in this issue again. But the series was pretty unamazing.
    If Ghost Spider is the best they can come up with for Gwen, I'd hate to see what kind of original codename they might cook up for Miles .

Though I guess "Kid-Arachnid" already set the bar pretty low...

Incredible Member

With a movie on the way I doubt they will alter his crime fighting identity. I would guess that the upcoming arc has Miles take up the Spider-Man identity to battle Aaron and his Sinister Six and realize that he still has a purpose as Spider-Man.

Mighty Member

I honestly do not see why Marvel/Bendis, needed to bring back the Ulitmates. This is the second time that the Ultimates has returned (the other being in Ewings's "the Ultimates^2"). Marvel pulled the plug on the 1610 Ultimates because the line had run its course. There was no need to keep it around. Now, it is back, and it will add no more than it did when it was gone.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

iMan 42s

Ultimate is for all intents and purposes dead. The line did it's thing, Ultimatum dropped the ball and it hadn't recovered since. Concepts like the Ultimates, Miles, and The Maker, are things worth exploring, but it had so much more potential dead than it does alive.

As a reboot, Ultimate was fine but it eventually develops its own continuity and can spoil itself.
    As an alternate universe even for Spider-man it's problematic because more of the attention is focused on Gwen and RYV
    Ultimates is good enough as is it doesn't need another Avengers themed team.

Aside from bringing it back as a sort of bookend for the line by Bendis it has no other reason to exist.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Ultimate is for all intents and purposes dead. The line did it's thing, Ultimatum dropped the ball and it hadn't recovered since. Concepts like the Ultimates, Miles, and The Maker, are things worth exploring, but it had so much more potential dead than it does alive.

As a reboot, Ultimate was fine but it eventually develops its own continuity and can spoil itself.
    As an alternate universe even for Spider-man it's problematic because more of the attention is focused on Gwen and RYV
    Ultimates is good enough as is it doesn't need another Avengers themed team.

Aside from bringing it back as a sort of bookend for the line by Bendis it has no other reason to exist.
    I always disagree with that Ultimatum was bad but Spider-Man kept going and even introduced Miles after Ultimatum Ultimates had some good stuff with New Ultimates and Ultimate Avengers the only series I think the only series that never fully recovered was Ultimate X-Men because it killed so many of their main characters.

so are the villains in this series defeated at all? what was the denouement?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so are the villains in this series defeated at all? what was the denouement?
    After a five year wait and five issues of this series, Miles finally meets his other self...

spoilers:
    ...who then wordlessly shoots him in the shoulder and safely escapes to a happily ever after ending in the Ultimate Universe.
    end of spoilers

I read those pages in sheer disbelief.
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

Quote Originally Posted by Project37 View Post
    After a five year wait and five issues of this series, Miles finally meets his other self...

spoilers:
    ...who then wordlessly shoots him in the shoulder and safely escapes to a happily ever after ending in the Ultimate Universe.
    end of spoilers

I read those pages in sheer disbelief.
    You're kidding, right? Can you elaborate? I didn't read the last two issues.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    You're kidding, right? Can you elaborate? I didn't read the last two issues.

That’s pretty much how it went down

spoilers:
    616 Miles gets to be with a alt reality version of his dead wife and former Ult. U now newly minted 616 Miles gets a girlfriend that might stick around(?).
    end of spoilers

I guess if Ult. Peter can get resurrected to have a happy ending Bendis wanted to do the same for a version of Miles(?).

This was a waste of money honestly

It's books like these that make me happy Bendis is going to DC
    We need better comics

Speaking of the Ultimate Universe, it was basically the MCU in nature, with the Triscalian and African-American Nick Fury as head of SHIELD. So maybe Marvel could convert the new UU into MCU characters?

is older Miles still wanted for crimes? has he killed anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    That’s pretty much how it went down

spoilers:
    616 Miles gets to be with a alt reality version of his dead wife and former Ult. U now newly minted 616 Miles gets a girlfriend that might stick around(?).
    end of spoilers

I guess if Ult. Peter can get resurrected to have a happy ending Bendis wanted to do the same for a version of Miles(?).
    Ugh Bendis. Thanks anyway.