All-New Member

Post Detective Comics #140 RIDDLER

Curious, what are your thoughts this comic. I found a copy in my fathers stuff after he died in great condition. Thinking of getting rid of it or throwing it in the trash if it ain't worth anything. We know ZILCH when it comes to comics. We don't really want to mess with grading it as we just want to get rid of it. Someone else can handle that stuff. All pages are clean and pretty darn white. No tears at all. Staples are fine as well. It's not been refurbished or anything like that. Just sat in a box for 70 yrs. Anyone want this old thing?

THE STAMP AT THE TOP:
    This item was bought during Austria’s occupation by allied forces after WWII. The stamp reading at the top 15c US ZONE means that this item was bought in the US occupied portion of Vienna Austria. What makes this unique is only a certain number of these have the 15c US ZONE stamp on them. This is a relic literally of World War 2 so it not only has significance with comic book collectors, but also WWII collectors. It also gives you a more precise place as to where this was bought. Austria became a sovereign country in 1955, so during that time in Vienna you will see this stamp on some comic books.

s-l1600.jpg
    Last edited by pjhackman; 12-27-2017 at 11:57 PM.

I don’t know much about pricing collectible comics, but in that issue The Riddler made his debut, so it’s an important moment in Batman history. Hope you find a buyer or somewhere where you can get money out of it since it would be sad to see it end in the trash. I found this link, maybe it helps

https://www.sellmycomicbooks.com/hot...omics-140.html
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

All-New Member

Thank you!!!