Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I don't remember that at all, but it's been a while since I've read his early stuff. Maybe it was in his origin story? That's the only place I could think of that happening.
    I finally found a site that was detailed. Yeah, it was his origin story. His adopted moms baby.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Or he's not an anti-hero in ANW, he just cares about Laura & tolerates everybody else for her sake.
    I'd say it's probably 80% this. He says right out in his first appearance in Immune that he was only helping because Laura needed him. He's helping out in the current arc because, again, it's Laura. And it also probably doesn't hurt that his own ass is on the line.

Laura is about the only person who seems able to get him to behave himself.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 12-28-2017 at 01:46 PM.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

That;s Marvel for you. They're doing it with Sabretooth. He's being written by Rosenberg, Pak, and Birsson. The former 2 are writing him as evil. The latter still has him as an anti-hero.

That's the current state of Marvel these days. All these stories going on at the same time, with different versions of the same character. Maybe the Iceman book events takes place before ANW. Or he's not an anti-hero in ANW, he just cares about Laura & tolerates everybody else for her sake.
    Editorial notes would be a saving grace, but, seeing as how the editors are even more clueless than the writers nowadays, that's probably too much to ask.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

BANNED

What's going on with Laura putting up with that idiot?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    What's going on with Laura putting up with that idiot?
    It's established during Wolverines that (at least until she was able to reconnect with Megan and Debbie) she views him as the only family she has left after Logan's death. So that plays a big part in it. They're also very much alike, and it was only the virtue that Laura had someone to help her cling to her conscience and humanity that kept her from becoming like him. It's never been explored, but it sets up a sense that she might be trying to do the same for him.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 12-28-2017 at 03:17 PM.

...didn't Sabretooth rape someone?

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    ...didn't Sabretooth rape someone?
    Silverfox.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Silverfox.
    That was a memory implant. He killed Silver Fox after she became a Hydra agent. So need an actual example that happened. lol

Only in the cancer that is the movies, where they merged Sabretooth & Dog Logan. In the comics, they were gonna be father & son. Cleremont left, and that idea was axed. Currently, they share no relation.

Cleremont's intent when he brought Sabretooth over to X-Men and gave him connections with Logan. His quote

Father and son. That's why Sabretooth always considered Logan "sloppy seconds" to his "original" / "real deal." The other critical element in my presentation of their relationship was that, in their whole life, Logan has never defeated Sabretooth in a knock-down, drag-out, kill-or-be-killed berserker fight. By the same token, on every one of his birthdays, Sabretooth has always managed to find him, no matter where Logan was or what he was doing, and come within an inch of killing him. For no other reason than to remind him that he could.

But again, didn't come to fruition. And Cleremont used the intended idea in X-Men Forever which was a "what could have been" deal. Or least, it started that way, until I think it got made into an alternate universe like AoA.
    If I'm not mistaken, they are half brothers in the comics. I'm pretty sure ORIGIN established they share a father.
    Please Remain Calm

That guy is a creep. I don't like his portrayal in ANW at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, they are half brothers in the comics. I'm pretty sure ORIGIN established they share a father.
    And it's been established numerous times they don't.

Logan's father is Thomas Logan. Creed's father is Zebidiah Creed. Creed's father kept him chained up in a basement and came down to rip out his teeth & claws with pliers and to verbally abuse him, calling him an animal, a demon, and making him beg for food like a dog Eventually, Creed escaped and killed his father.

So again, them being brothers is something only the movies did. Creed like like 50 years older than Logan. He was born in the mid-1800s and Logan was born in the late 1800s. Least that was Cleremont & Byrne's thing. That Creed was 50 years older. So far, no writer has contradicted that yet. So canonly, Creed is old enough to be Logan's father.

They're not brothers. In the comics.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 12-29-2017 at 12:43 PM.

BANNED

And it's been established numerous times they don't.

Logan's father is Thomas Logan. Creed's father is Zebidiah Creed. Creed's father kept him chained up in a basement and came down to rip out his teeth & claws with pliers and to verbally abuse him, calling him an animal, a demon, and making him beg for food like a dog Eventually, Creed escaped and killed his father.

So again, them being brothers is something only the movies did. Creed like like 50 years older than Logan. He was born in the mid-1800s and Logan was born in the late 1800s. Least that was Cleremont & Byrne's thing. That Creed was 50 years older. So far, no writer has contradicted that yet. So canonly, Creed is old enough to be Logan's father.

They're not brothers. In the comics.
    Except Logan's name is James Howlett. It's often not worth trying to figure out aspects of Marvel continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Except Logan's name is James Howlett. It's often not worth trying to figure out aspects of Marvel continuity.
    Yeah. Sadly, there is none. Everyone wants to make their own version of the characters, so you get 5 different backstories, with more coming.

In 2 backstories, Sabretooth loved his mother. In 3 others, they wrote him killing her along with his father. Plus the random brothers & sisters they added to his story that don't fit with what was established.

I liked the idea of Creed being Logan's father. So I hate that was thrown out.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    I was ok with him being on a team when they had a bomb planted inside his brain. I understand why Magneto would have him on his team and weapon x makes sense because they were targeting him but being at the large group x summit. No that's a bit much.
    And they loathed him too at the time and didn't trust him and reminded him every chance they could in the Lobdel/Nicieza run. They kept him locked away. The only reason he was a part of a team that period was because the mansion was being attacked by the Phalanx. He escaped with Emma just before she would become headmistress in Generation X. And they were right to because he ended up manipulating Tabitha emotionally before trying to kill her and almost killed Betsy when she stepped in to rescue her. He went to X-Factor after that along with Mystique and he wasn't liked or trusted there either.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Yeah. Sadly, there is none. Everyone wants to make their own version of the characters, so you get 5 different backstories, with more coming.

In 2 backstories, Sabretooth loved his mother. In 3 others, they wrote him killing her along with his father. Plus the random brothers & sisters they added to his story that don't fit with what was established.

I liked the idea of Creed being Logan's father. So I hate that was thrown out.
    I also remember in the Sabretooth mini from the 90s that he was kept in the basement as a kid and fed with a bowl or something. I'm sure that's partly why he grew up to do what he did.

As for Silverfox (before they retconned it, just found that out) he also kept Birdy prisoner. He kept her around because her mutant power provided him with the "glow" he needed.

I also liked the idea of Creed being Logans father when it was first hinted at.

Sorry for the double post!
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 01-02-2018 at 08:51 PM.