Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Um... well he has pheromone suggestion powers (had anyway... I'm not sure if he lost them or people just forget he has them.) so the consensual nature of any of his relationships is a matter of debate.

I mean the guys introduction was him seducing, manipulating and murdering this one girl for #@$%'s and giggles... Daken has been pretty much a bastard for most of his life.
    Pheromones are part and parcel to an animal's ability to reproduce so I don't think one can consider that rape. It makes him more attractive to the opposite sex but doesn't rob them of the ability to consent.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

I like it simple. so I'm just going with them being half brothers; like in X-Men Origins Wolverine. horrible movie. but I thought it was a powerful opening; them being long lived professional soldiers and slowly starting to dislike one another (after one of them started enjoying the bloodshed a little too much).

oh and Daken violating people doesn't bother me; as long as he remains a villain.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    I also remember in the Sabretooth mini from the 90s that he was kept in the basement as a kid and fed with a bowl or something. I'm sure that's partly why he grew up to do what he did.

As for Silverfox (before they retconned it, just found that out) he also kept Birdy prisoner. He kept her around because her mutant power provided him with the "glow" he needed.

I also liked the idea of Creed being Logans father when it was first hinted at.

Sorry for the double post!
    There's different versions, but all the backstories pretty much show that Creed was physically and psychologically abused by his father.

He was chained up in the basement, and had a muzzle put on him in some instances. His father routinely went down with pliers to rip out his teeth and claws, in addition to calling him a monster & demon. In the Sabretooth mini, his mother tried to protect him from his father, who was going to kill him. He was bringing an ax down on Sabretooth, but his mother got in the way and was murdered instead, which adult Sabretooth was still haunted by. But this was the original 90's story. Then came subsequent retcons.

So yeah, Sabretooth is your cliche example of an abuse victim growing up to be no better than their abuser. His father treated him like an animal, and he grew up to act like one. In addition to being a predator -rather than the victim / prey he was. Though some of it was hinted to be caused by his mutation. But, Birdy outright said at one point that Creed was hurt too much as a child.

Gerry Duggan also spoon-fed us that in Deadpool with this.
    Past1.jpg
    Past2.jpg
    past3.jpg
    His past deals more with the emotional abuse in this instance. Sabretooth says that every life he's ruined is his own fault, but his father got him started on that road.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 01-02-2018 at 09:14 PM.

Ugh this Daken rape nonsense again. Secret Wars erased it, just as it erased every other shitty plot points for all reasons and purposes. Moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Ugh this Daken rape nonsense again. Secret Wars erased it, just as it erased every other shitty plot points for all reasons and purposes. Moving on.
    Did it? The rule of thumb seems to be that the post-Secret Wars 616 has the same history, excusing the Ultimate characters that got integrated so they were "always" there.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

For a moment I thought this was the Victor Creed Appreciation thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Which means it happened in some book but no one knows which book it is. I don't think it happened in DakenW. Probably Dark Reign.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Pheromones are part and parcel to an animal's ability to reproduce so I don't think one can consider that rape. It makes him more attractive to the opposite sex but doesn't rob them of the ability to consent.
    It depends on how powerful those pheromones are - if they are strong enough to plant suggestions then they are strong enough to override consent.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It depends on how powerful those pheromones are - if they are strong enough to plant suggestions then they are strong enough to override consent.
    Re: Purple Man.