Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    So, wait. Which books did Darkseid do this in? Pretty good stuff...
    I think that's Mobius he's talking about?

I dunno, sometimes my reading comprehension is baddddd
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I think that's Mobius he's talking about?

I dunno, sometimes my reading comprehension is baddddd
    Oh trust me. I'm sure I can one up you due to short attention span issues. I was raised on froot loops, coca cola, and re-runs of kids cartoons.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Seems like it might come down to that life draining nonsense vs like... Telepathy? I don't think I can really see Thanos putting the guy down through brute force, but I'm not sure he can drop Thanos either.

Invading the mind of Darkseid seems like a really bad idea to me, but I'm not sure if this version has feats to demonstrate that. But it also seems like draining the life force out of Thanos would be a pretty credible threat if it worked on Zeus. Unless I'm like, way overestimating DC Zeus.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Seems like it might come down to that life draining nonsense vs like... Telepathy? I don't think I can really see Thanos putting the guy down through brute force, but I'm not sure he can drop Thanos either.

Invading the mind of Darkseid seems like a really bad idea to me, but I'm not sure if this version has feats to demonstrate that. But it also seems like draining the life force out of Thanos would be a pretty credible threat if it worked on Zeus. Unless I'm like, way overestimating DC Zeus.
    Post Crisis Zeus tried to banish the Spectre once! Which... Spectre proceeded to "lol nope r u srs" so. There's that!
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Post Crisis Zeus tried to banish the Spectre once! Which... Spectre proceeded to "lol nope r u srs" so. There's that!
    Post Crisis Zeus at least had some presentation stuff that was like... Kind of where Marvel Zeus was. However, with DC making the Nu version Diana's dad, seems like we should probably treat him as a new character. I don't know exactly where that leaves the dude, especially if the Azzarello stuff has been rendered non-canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Post Crisis Zeus at least had some presentation stuff that was like... Kind of where Marvel Zeus was. However, with DC making the Nu version Diana's dad, seems like we should probably treat him as a new character. I don't know exactly where that leaves the dude, especially if the Azzarello stuff has been rendered non-canon.
    Oh I definitely agree. We should treat them as a new character with new feats and such. Which are pretty sparse so far.

I mean... we have young Darkseid slapping around Wonder Woman and then needing to go all out in a pitched battle to overcome Zeus. Its not much, but it's something. Darkseids own commentary suggests that WW and the other gods are basically small fry to Zeus.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

BANNED

If it is nu darkseid before dying then maybe he could summon the black racer FTW while thanos summons death that is if he can do so as I don't recall any showings where he was able to summon death to take anyone unlike the inbetweener.

Post crisis Zeus had that humorous bit in Countdown where him and Odin and some other dude basically split the source with the power of their attack in the same story that acknowledged as canon the other story where the source was the... Source of literally all superpowers and banished/KOd the Corrigan Spectre when he tried to venture beyond the source wall. He was also among the pantheon of Gods that were depowered by Darkseid in another Countdown book though because Countdown was all sorts of hilarious

Oh and Final crisis and time/dimension BFRing omega beams are canon as of Dark Knight metal. Bizarrely that story treats Anti Monitor as the same thing from Infinite crisis, down to the skeleton /armor being a conduit for multiversal energies and the (dead) astral brain of the monitor apparently possessing enough power to destroy a multiverse despite totally acknowledging Darkseid war as canon down to baby Darkseid making an appearance (this is set before the events of WW)
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 12-30-2017 at 11:25 AM.

Read Dark Nights :Metal though guys just..... read it. I've been guilty of overhyping Snyder stories halfway through before (Death of the family lol) but this is arguably the best use of the DC Multiverse since...... the OG Crisis.

The name and, more importantly, involvement of Hawkman as something I'm supposed to take seriously are obstacles. That dude kept almost killing JSA for me even when it was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    The name and, more importantly, involvement of Hawkman as something I'm supposed to take seriously are obstacles. That dude kept almost killing JSA for me even when it was good.
    It's the first decent use of Hawkman since the Johns run
    They even make an attempt at explaining the continuity problem in a somewhat non offensive way. Plus an old villain from JSA shows up (among other surprise appearances)

Then again, if you couldn't even stomach Carter in his JSA days lol... Well minor spoilers Carter doesn't really show up.... Not as Hawkman at least

The whole low grade creeping all over Kendra that eventually actually paid off thing was gross ;p

Also the various "Hawkman totally learns a life lesson this time to not be a smug douchelord" arcs never seemed to take...

I liked Thanagarian Hawkman, and pre crisis Carter Hall was fine more or less, but rolling onwards from "total Hawkman merge!" which predated Johns even, in certain ways, was kinda, yeaaaahhhhh.

Also he blew up the Claw of Horus with makeouts and I will never let that go ;p
    Last edited by Pendaran; 12-30-2017 at 03:18 PM.

I'm only just halfway through the 1st issue of "Dark Nights: Metal" but I can already say this-

-hahahahaha!

I'm enjoying it ^_^
    - big_adventure

It did give us that subtle moment of realization for Kendra in JLA....clearly if you stalk a lady enough eventually she'll be seeing you in her dreams... or other things ;p

For those who didn't get it (somewhat NSFW but hilarious pay off)

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/1e/b3/30/1...e-hawkgirl.jpg
    https://s13.postimg.org/ekb9zwx6f/RCO007.jpg
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 12-31-2017 at 03:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I'm only just halfway through the 1st issue of "Dark Nights: Metal" but I can already say this-

-hahahahaha!

I'm enjoying it ^_^
    Wait for the twist in issue 4 ;p