Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Golden Age Green Arrow Omnibus

Hi everyone,

Did DC's Golden Age Green Arrow Omnibus finally arrive at comic shops this week? Amazon has the title not being released until January 9, but I've seen some reports that indicate it was due out this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
    Hi everyone,

Did DC's Golden Age Green Arrow Omnibus finally arrive at comic shops this week? Amazon has the title not being released until January 9, but I've seen some reports that indicate it was due out this week.
    Amazon is always late with the releasedate. So it probably arrived in comicshops this week.

Incredible Member

It is indeed out in stores today but as JPAR said amazon comes out a week later

I checked it at my LCS today, it was sealed but for those interested the back cover said it contains:

More Fun Comics 73-107
    Adventure Comics 103-117
    Worlds Finest 7-28

I saw it yesterday. Cover is $125.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Its up on InStockTrades and as noted by @JPAR Amazon is always about 2 weeks behind on getting the material vs Direct Specialty Shops.
    I'm ordering mine later.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I just noticed where this ranked in at #9 on InStockTrades Top 10 Books Bought list!

Hope that bodes well for it. Seeing as how the Bats/Supes/WW Golden Age volumes have pulled in 700-800 units I'm hoping for at least 600+ units moved for this.
    Wonder how many volumes would be needed to complete a GA Green Arrow run of Omnis? Not as many as any of the Trinity I'd think. Which is 10-12 for either Bats or Supes to hear it extrapolated out by some crunching the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I just noticed where this ranked in at #9 on InStockTrades Top 10 Books Bought list!

Hope that bodes well for it. Seeing as how the Bats/Supes/WW Golden Age volumes have pulled in 700-800 units I'm hoping for at least 600+ units moved for this.
    Wonder how many volumes would be needed to complete a GA Green Arrow run of Omnis? Not as many as any of the Trinity I'd think. Which is 10-12 for either Bats or Supes to hear it extrapolated out by some crunching the issues.
    If this sells well, what non-Trinity character would be next? Aquaman Golden Age appearances seems reasonable with a Aquaman movie forthcoming. I guess they could to GL and Flash GA books if they wanted, too.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

In order of preference if captaincraig was deciding.

1-Golden Age Flash
    2-Golden Age Aquaman
    3-Golden Age Green Lantern (Alan Scott)
    4-Golden Age Hawkman
    5-Golden Age Plastic Man (Quality Comics years)

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    If this sells well, what non-Trinity character would be next? Aquaman Golden Age appearances seems reasonable with a Aquaman movie forthcoming. I guess they could to GL and Flash GA books if they wanted, too.
    IIRC, somewhere on the MMW Forum there was mention that a GA Aquaman Omnibus is coming.

I saw that somewhere as well. Alas, still no confirmation. But with the movie so far out at the end of the calendar year we may not get the solicit till late summer or early fall if the rumor is true about GA Aquaman Omni.

I got my GA Green Arrow last week and it's awesome!!!

I hope sales are great as well as I'm wanting a GA Aquaman, Flash, GL, and Shazam!
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I need to get this one. And I really really want Golden Age "Shazam" (Capt Marvel!) Omnibus Vol 1.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I think the Golden Age Omni line is one that is critical for "buy what we put out and we'll do more. we may also do more characters".

Still hoping the Golden Age Aquaman Omni vol.1 becomes a reality past the rumors of it happening.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Judging by this guy’s estimates, three. (Aquaman would take two, Flash and GL would take four each.)

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/marv...ge-t29119.html

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I would very seriously pay like $200 for each G.Age Capt Marvel/Shazam Omnibus.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”