Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Judging by this guy’s estimates, three. (Aquaman would take two, Flash and GL would take four each.)

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/marv...ge-t29119.html
    Thanks for that link!

I like that the mapping (if accurate to what DC would do) shows how a significant part of the high profile characters can be done with lower volumes.
    Wonder Woman in 7 is half of Batman. Waiting on that WW GA vol.3 solicit as well now that I think about it.
    Hawkman being a one and done is nice. So hope these can happen!

14 Batman GA volumes!!! 12 for Superman!! That is a feat and I challenge DC to make it so!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Thanks for that link!

I like that the mapping (if accurate to what DC would do) shows how a significant part of the high profile characters can be done with lower volumes.
    Wonder Woman in 7 is half of Batman. Waiting on that WW GA vol.3 solicit as well now that I think about it.
    Hawkman being a one and done is nice. So hope these can happen!

14 Batman GA volumes!!! 12 for Superman!! That is a feat and I challenge DC to make it so!!
    I can't see them doing 14 Golden Age Volumes. Not saying they won't finish but I think they will end up renaming them at some point. I saw somewhere else mention that the remaining volumes could end up as the Atomic Age(maybe on the masterworks forum). Easier to sell and mentally to jump into Atomic Age Superman vol 1 vs Golden Age Vol 7 or something.

This is the Amazon description of superman omnibus 5 (note the ending here note)
    The Golden Age of Superman tales are collected for the first time in their entirety in this oversize omnibus series, ending here in SUPERMAN: THE GOLDEN AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 5!

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    This is the Amazon description of superman omnibus 5 (note the ending here note)
    The Golden Age of Superman tales are collected for the first time in their entirety in this oversize omnibus series, ending here in SUPERMAN: THE GOLDEN AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 5!
    Man, I will beyond bummed if they dare stop collecting the material after Vol 5 in Omni. Now I fear they won't rename and instead just stop there in 1947.

14 Batman GA volumes!!!
    I noticed some of the mapped hypoethetical page counts were low (making me think DC could cram more and do less than 14).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-10-2018 at 02:03 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I can't see them doing 14 Golden Age Volumes. Not saying they won't finish but I think they will end up renaming them at some point. I saw somewhere else mention that the remaining volumes could end up as the Atomic Age(maybe on the masterworks forum). Easier to sell and mentally to jump into Atomic Age Superman vol 1 vs Golden Age Vol 7 or something.

I agree that 14 is a crazy high volume count but as @JBatmanFan05 notes some of the hypothetical mapping has low volume counts so it could 10 volumes.

The phrasing in the Amazon solicit is intriguing. No denying that. I'll be bummed though if they do stop there. The Atomic Age is just not an official main age. It's a sub-age and just not official enough for me.
    I hope they don't do that. I get what you suggest from a marketing perspective and getting retailers and/or buyers to be interested though.

Incredible Member

I agree that 14 is a crazy high volume count but as @JBatmanFan05 notes some of the hypothetical mapping has low volume counts so it could 10 volumes.

The phrasing in the Amazon solicit is intriguing. No denying that. I'll be bummed though if they do stop there. The Atomic Age is just not an official main age. It's a sub-age and just not official enough for me.
    I hope they don't do that. I get what you suggest from a marketing perspective and getting retailers and/or buyers to be interested though.
    I hope they rebrand really. People could continue their collections and you would have more new buyers jumping in on a volume 1 which is good for the line overall. I get that rebranding might be strange. They could be planning to do some silver age Superman and Batman. It’s anyones guess at this point!

Incredible Member

The one thing to keep in mind about Batman is that the guy who mapped these out is using Detective Comics #327 (first yellow oval) as the first appearance of the Silver Age Batman. That isn’t actually the case — ‘Tec 327 was published in 1964, well into DC’s Silver Age. (Barry Allen, aka “harbinger of the Silver Age,” had been around for almost 8 years at that point!) it’s tempting to use the yellow oval as the Golden/Silver Age divider for Batman (hence why people do it), but it just doesn’t work. Heck, Batman’s first two years in the Justice League were without the oval, and JLA is definitely Silver Age, not Golden Age!

Which is a long way of saying Batman would probably “only” have 11-12 GA volumes — still a lot, but not quite as many as 14.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    YES! (10chars)
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-17-2018 at 08:19 AM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Thats a bit of relief...for now.
    Next, to see that GA Superman vol.6 solicit, GA Batman vol.6 solicit and GA WW vol.3 solicit at some point in 2018.

Incredible Member

Hopefully they carry on! I think (some printing errors aside) that DC is doing a good job with their current archive releases.

I have the GA omnibus and have read the first seven stories so far. The restoration is good, and the art is a cut above a lot of Golden Age art. DC have done a very good job with this book. I'm going to take my time and enjoy it, and hope for more.

Aquaman, Flash and Green Lantern are my three most wanted Golden Age series. DC could fit all of GA Hawkman in one book, and I'd love to buy that.

Hopefully they carry on! I think (some printing errors aside) that DC is doing a good job with their current archive releases.
    There any printing errors in any of the Golden/Silver/Bronze Omnibi?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    There any printing errors in any of the Golden/Silver/Bronze Omnibi?
    I was thinking of the Fourth World and Justice League International Omni printing issues which are both technically bronze age or part of. I've never come across any issues in any of the officially labelled "bronze/silver/golden" age omnis.

I've never come across any issues in any of the officially labelled "bronze/silver/golden" age omnis.
    By "bronze/silver/golden" age omnis, I meant the color coded ones. JLI might be Bronze Age (to some), but the Omnibus cover doesn't have the Bronze color coding (and label) like the Batman Brave and the Bold has, for instance. I mean the Omnis that are basically the new DC archives.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-17-2018 at 11:35 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    By "bronze/silver/golden" age omnis, I meant the color coded ones. JLI might be Bronze Age (to some), but the Omnibus cover doesn't have the Bronze color coding (and label) like the Batman Brave and the Bold has, for instance. I mean the Omnis that are basically the new DC archives.
    That's fine. I was more commenting on their recent track record taking older material and putting it into a new book regardless of how it is labelled on the cover. Unless the color code Omni's are done by a different division at DC than other older material Omnis (which they might be? in which case my original statement is not correct for color code omnis). If they are all done by the same group of people and done the same way with the same quality control than maybe they have just been lucky with the color coded omnis.