View Poll Results: X-Cited about the Return of Charles Xavier

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Im glad he's back!

29 30.21%
  • Meh, the grave suited him better.

33 34.38%
  • I'll wait and see how it goes before I decide.

34 35.42%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Thats the best part about the body swap though. This will be the first time that we possibly see X on the same playing field as everyone else. He’s technically the same age as everyone on the team. As many have said before most of the members are use to not having him around, they are fully capable of functioning without him now.

This gives Charles an exellent chance to just be solider like the rest of them. Im sure eventually he will rise to command if the body swap takes a strong hold with fans and writers. But until then X can be effective and valuable member of any of the field teams. All of his former students now have the chance to see that he wasn’t jusg a guy behind a desk giving orders but a person who could and is capable of getting down in the trenches with him. If handled correctly this will be the perfect chance of several characters gaining a new found respect for Charles. Which will be another aspect we haven’t seen yet for the character.
    An interesting take, I think it has potential if Marvel decides to go this way.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    What about Schism?
    Many X-men left him then.
    Though you could say much the same about Scott, that many of the X-characters have outgrown him...and when the X-Men left Scott it was suddenly so wrong of them...

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Thats the best part about the body swap though. This will be the first time that we possibly see X on the same playing field as everyone else. He’s technically the same age as everyone on the team. As many have said before most of the members are use to not having him around, they are fully capable of functioning without him now.

This gives Charles an exellent chance to just be solider like the rest of them. Im sure eventually he will rise to command if the body swap takes a strong hold with fans and writers. But until then X can be effective and valuable member of any of the field teams. All of his former students now have the chance to see that he wasn’t jusg a guy behind a desk giving orders but a person who could and is capable of getting down in the trenches with him. If handled correctly this will be the perfect chance of several characters gaining a new found respect for Charles. Which will be another aspect we haven’t seen yet for the character.
    Claremont tried that sort of thing more than 30 years ago when Xavier got a new cloned body...

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Claremont tried that sort of thing more than 30 years ago when Xavier got a new cloned body...
    Not really. Yes he gave X a new cloned body. However, his use of Charles there was mostly to show why and how Storm is a capable leader and should be leading the field team. It never was about Charles being an actual X-Man, as opposed an X-General/Political Leader.

This is not a BASH at Storm, Storm fans. Pull in the claws.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    An interesting take, I think it has potential if Marvel decides to go this way.
    Thank you
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 12-31-2017 at 05:46 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Yes, I'm glad Xavier is back. I think Marvel tried too hard for too long to reshape, shake up, and revamp the X-men without Charles Xavier. They did so much to deconstruct his character and undermine everything that had made him great that bringing him back was somewhat necessary. He's still the vision behind the X-men. He's still the one who embodies the dream. The X-men just aren't the same without him and I hope his return also means a return of his credibility, which everyone seems to try to undermine with secrets, lies, and what not.
    Well said, I'm in total agreement!

BANNED

X is basically a new character. Xavier taking over the body of FantoMex makes him a powerful psi and a young, physically skilled/active field operative. For field operatives with powerful psi talents, recently we've had Jean Grey, Emma Frost, Psylocke, Rachel, or Monet. Since Cable hasn't been an X-Man in a long time, this is the first male psionic field operative we've seen in quite some time.

FantoMex I think also was underutilized and never lived up to his full potential. Overall always having the mask on, and just poor writing in general. I think this is a good idea that works out pretty well, if executed properly.

Besides, we knew the Shadow King survived the death of his original body, and we had seen ghostly apparitions of Xavier before. So him coming back like this was going to happen whenever the Professor wanted it.

Comics & Music Enthusiast NerdyDJ's Avatar

I would love for him to be a Phil Coulson type figure for the X-Men, now that he's in an athletic body. Xavier was also a soldier so that could work too! I just don't want him to get stagnant again.