View Poll Results: X-Cited about the Return of Charles Xavier

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Im glad he's back!

29 30.21%
  • Meh, the grave suited him better.

33 34.38%
  • I'll wait and see how it goes before I decide.

34 35.42%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    After X developed a love crush in the past and send X-Men 1.5 to die and then deleted their very existence from everybody, X lost all credits with me. Him finally helping Rogue was a little to late as well. He let her drown for years before doing something. After all these things, no more credits for X.

I did not miss him a bit. I do not applaud his return. Only good thing is because his return another disliked X-Man went away.
    Still a net gain.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Doesn't excuse this ongoing cultural appropriation. The meta-reasons should override any in-universe rationalizations at this point.
    Again I don't remember Marvel trying to pass her off fully as Asian, they don't list her as one of their Asian characters and admit openly that she's a British person in a different body than the one that she was born in, she didn't change her name, she doesn't live in Japan or anything and doesn't try to be what she's not, she still goes home to England...

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Most unnecessary ressurection of the year. I seriously don't see the point or what he can even bring to the table at this stage.
    Still think Wolverine/Logan has Chuck beat on that one. I mean there are 6 little clones of him running around the MU.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Ultimate Member

Well OML and Daken aren't clones...

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I did not miss him a bit. I do not applaud his return. Only good thing is because his return another disliked X-Man went away.
    IDK Fanto had far more potential (still relatively new), was undergoing a great villain arc in Bunncanny X-Men, tolerable under Spurrier/Bunn/Soule, and is Bi.

Xavier's potential has been dried up since he left the New Mutants for Lilandra, was always a villain, not tolerable under any writer, and is another straight member of the """cast""".

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Still think Wolverine/Logan has Chuck beat on that one. I mean there are 6 little clones of him running around the MU.
    Maybe the idea would be a better pill to swallow if you stop looking at them like "clones" but an actual family. I haven't seen anyone complain about Batman and his family or say there are like "8 little Bat clones running around the DC".

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well OML and Daken aren't clones...
    For all intents and purposes, and the sake of the argument, yeah they are.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I haven't seen anyone complain about Batman and his family or say there are like "8 little Bat clones running around the DC".
    You would be familiar with both if you'd hang out at Batman forums more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    You would be familiar with both if you'd hang out at Batman forums more often.
    Point is, the Bat-Family is generally more accepted than Logan's Wolvie-Family.

BANNED

Point is, the Bat-Family is generally more accepted than Logan's Wolvie-Family.
    Older things usually are more accepted than new(ish) concepts.

Astonishing Member

the Wolverine family is more samey than the Batfamily

Maybe the idea would be a better pill to swallow if you stop looking at them like "clones" but an actual family. I haven't seen anyone complain about Batman and his family or say there are like "8 little Bat clones running around the DC".
    I have. Plenty of times. There is literally so much discord between the Robin fans sometimes it's a wonder how they keep up with the beef between characters.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    the Wolverine family is more samey than the Batfamily
    None of them even look like him.Okay, except the guy who is literally him but older. No, scratch that, doesn't actually look like him at all.

Bruce has a bunch of practically identical duplicates in Tim, Jason, and Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Doesn't excuse this ongoing cultural appropriation. The meta-reasons should override any in-universe rationalizations at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Again I don't remember Marvel trying to pass her off fully as Asian, they don't list her as one of their Asian characters and admit openly that she's a British person in a different body than the one that she was born in, she didn't change her name, she doesn't live in Japan or anything and doesn't try to be what she's not, she still goes home to England...
    Marvel treat asians like crap
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

Ultimate Member

Not saying that they treat Asian's great, only that I don't see Marvel trying to pass Betsy off as Asian, they keep saying that she's British woman in an Asian body...

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Older things usually are more accepted than new(ish) concepts.
    Plus the whole family aspect writes itself:

OML - Grumpy Grandpa

Logan - Centerpiece; Father

Sabretooth - Uncle You Should Probably Avoid

Deathstrike - Aunt You Should DEFINITELY Avoid

Daken - Emo Older Brother

Laura - Prodigal Daughter

Bellona - Edgy Middle Child

Jimmy - idk he's just there

Gabby - Adorable Little Sister

Adopted:
    -Jubilee
    -Armor
    -Pixie

Johnathan the Actual Wolverine: Super Pet

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I have. Plenty of times. There is literally so much discord between the Robin fans sometimes it's a wonder how they keep up with the beef between characters.
    I know certain Robin fans hate other Robins. Like I'm a huge Tim Drake fan that hates Damian's guts BUT I would never want the character killed off or write him off as just "another Bat clone". Plus, animosity between fanbases of the kids seems kinda different than just writing off the whole family.

(should've been a mutant)
    Last edited by Tycon; 12-29-2017 at 08:05 PM.