Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    yes, but fatal attractions was in the 90s, I meant worst thing Magneto has done from the 2000s on
    he must have killed well over a millions people then if you count all the people flying in airplanes all over the world, + all the people getting surgeries in hospitals, or people with pacemakers
    yeah that's true

Quote Originally Posted by Gortam View Post
    3 ) SADLY Emma Frost: shooting the starships full of Inhumans... Inhuman Genocide. How i hate Soule. Emma Frost always bordered evil, but even in her worst years as the White Queen... she never commited mass murder. There´s no coming back. No way any X-men can work or relate to her after she did that. Cyclops could never love a woman who killed a lot of people, even woman and children. She is one of my favorite characters. Soule I hate you, i have to say it again.
    yyyyyyyyyyyyeahhhhhhhhhh noshedidn't.

that is barely genocide. Ahura barely seems fazed in Secret Warriors, there obviously weren't a lot of Inhumans in those zeppelins. also, half the X-Men have committed mass murder of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    She was such a goody two shoes conceited character..it just didn't add up. The one storyline from Bunn I didn't buy. If she had been influenced by Emplate first, then it would be cool. Strong Guy and Darwin arent child killers. There's just no way she would be drawn to him unless they did a big 180 on her character.
    what????????

did you read PAD's penultimate X-Factor arc?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Agreed. Monet was under Emplate's influence, so it's not completely her fault. But she may still accept what she did because far as she's concerned, she may feel she allowed Emplate to gain that kind of power over her -possibly thinking if she'd been stronger, it wouldn't have happened.

Strong Guy dammed himself to Hell to save her. Similarly, Sabretooth allowed himself to become a daily food source for her. Even after he found out it was weakening him. Don't get more apparent with these 2 what they were willing to do for her. Now Creed enabled her and arguably made things worse. But he was trying to watch out for her. And seemed to care more about her than anything else. Inverted, he changed and does the right thing because it's right. But it seems Monet is the only person he was personally interested in helping, rather than just out of duty or repentance.

Monet has definitely taken a darker tone. She's working with the Hellfire club, and even Psylocke said Sabretooth was the most trustworthy person on the team given the secrets of Magneto & Monet.

Sabretooth is being written as a villain again by Pak. But Brisson is still doing him as an anti-hero. So hopefully he & Monet will interact again at some point and their relationship could develop more. But that's a big hope. Depends on if Sabretooth isn't reset by every writer, and if the relationship hasn't been erased from existence with Bunn's loss of the characters. I worry that's the case since it hasn't come up at all in 8 months, since ResurrXion started.
    I am not sure he is being written again as a villain, but I think he is being written as dumb and not as good-skilled-formidable as Wolverine, which is completely wrong

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I am not sure he is being written again as a villain, but I think he is being written as dumb and not as good-skilled-formidable as Wolverine, which is completely wrong
    Preaching to the choir. I have repeatedly ranted on Pak's Sabretooth. And it was infuriating to see him written the same in Phoenix Resurrection. So I won't be reading anymore of that either. And praying Sabretooth will go to a better writer sometimes next year. Thank God Brisson has him in Iron Fist, since the other two Hacks he got stuck with ruined him.

He's supposed to fight OML in Weapon X #15. But given how much of a loser Pak has made him, OML will win the fight effortlessly, and Creed will have his balls busted again in a joke. Rinse & Repeat.

He basically seems evil again since he constantly wants to kill stuff now. As opposed to holding off on killing like he had been for 2 and a half years. And rather than following Logan's example, he hates him. Which makes no sense he's wearing the costume in PR, since he was only wearing it to honor Logan.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 12-28-2017 at 06:03 PM.

BANNED

So... If and X men team like the O5 or the Champions went and beat the crap out of magneto and handle the him to the UN for trial would you hail them as heroes or villains?

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    So... If and X men team like the O5 or the Champions went and beat the crap out of magneto and handle the him to the UN for trial would you hail them as heroes or villains?
    if it was The Champions, then villains obviously and I would want Marvel to behead each and every one of them in a special decapitation issue.

Such an action doesn't make them either. I'd personally take it as a stupid move on their part but "heroic" on a technicality. That's like if the Shi'Ar putting Jean on trial, that doesn't place either party squarely in the wrong.

BANNED

Mags forever!!! Hail GodNeto!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Such an action doesn't make them either. I'd personally take it as a stupid move on their part but "heroic" on a technicality. That's like if the Shi'Ar putting Jean on trial, that doesn't place either party squarely in the wrong.
    Well whether anyone here likes magneto or not (I do), but from a rational pov many governments want him arrested for various crimes he committed (just read his last solo).

It's also completely different from Jean because she's either possessed or it was preventive justice, while magneto did everything from his own free will.

So in the end at least by the superhero community it'd be seen as a superhero group capturing a villain and making him face justice.

Now what would the X men do? Try to rescue magneto? And would the avengers oppose them?

Now what would the X men do? Try to rescue magneto? And would the avengers oppose them?
    Uh, that was the first AvX.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Uh, that was the first AvX.

Yeah actually

BANNED

Well whether anyone here likes magneto or not (I do), but from a rational pov many governments want him arrested for various crimes he committed (just read his last solo).

It's also completely different from Jean because she's either possessed or it was preventive justice, while magneto did everything from his own free will.

So in the end at least by the superhero community it'd be seen as a superhero group capturing a villain and making him face justice.

So what if they want to arrest him...He belongs to no country and he's above every law sanctioned on earth. That's why they bowed down to him in fear in Magneto War.

BANNED

So what if they want to arrest him...He belongs to no country and he's above every law sanctioned on earth. That's why they bowed down to him in fear in Magneto War.
    He's German and no one is above every law, except Dr doom, and hyperion, and the Inhumans, and... Yeah MU justice system makes no sense
    Last edited by wano; 12-28-2017 at 08:24 PM.

Yeah actually
    No, that was just a little skirmish. The first comic titled X-Men vs. Avengers had its plot centered around the X-Men defending Mags against the Avengers as you were talking about previously.

BANNED

He's German
    Not anymore. That lineage is all dead and no one knows who "Max Eisenhardt" is.

Not anymore. That lineage is all dead and no one knows who "Max Eisenhardt" is.
    So, what is this Max Eisenhardt thing? I know in the 90's they tried to go with the 'Erik Lensherr' papers were faked, but is that still a thing?