View Poll Results: Is price the main/only thing preventing you from buying more current DC titles?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 30.14%
  • No

51 69.86%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Very simple poll question: "Is price the main/only thing preventing you from buying more current DC titles?"
    In other words, are there other current DC titles you don't buy each month because the current cover prices are too much? If the cover prices were lower, would that automatically lead to you buying more current DC-published (includes the Vertigo and Young Animal imprints) regular titles (not back issues and not collected editions) every month?
    No, price is not the main or only thing preventing me from buying more DC titles. I only buy the books I'm interested in buying, nothing more and nothing less. Lower prices are irrelevant to that as lowing the price of book I could care less about will not make me suddenly start caring about it. Not even having a creative team I like on a book I have no interest in is capable of making me buy it.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Not the only reason, but the main reason.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

It's telling that I can read any Rebirth titles for free on Hoopla, but I don't. Price isn't a factor. Books being bad is. I pay for the books that I like. I don't read what I don't like.

If DC were putting out a large amount off good titles that I wanted to read, then it might come into play, but that is certainly not the case at the time being.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 12-28-2017 at 05:45 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Invincible Member

It's a combination of price, characters, and creative teams. I might take a chance on a certain comic I don't know much about about if it's cheap, but I'm not going to buy a comic I'm not interested in no matter what the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Nope. I only read what I read because the vast majority of books are ones I consider lacking in quality and/or star characters I'm not interested in.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Ditto for me.
    Ditto that Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    You can put whatever paper you want in the book. You can charge a dollar lower, or even charge 50 cents. The fact of the matter is I only like and care for a handful of characters and there are many books that I am simply not going to purchase. Lowering the cost is not going to make me invested or care all of a sudden.
    Exactly.

Trying to address "Price" when this reality exists makes zero sense. I won't switch to a can of Pepsi that is now a dime if I like Coke.

Price is largely a non-issue for me. I buy what I like, and dont buy everything else.

I'd appreciate lower prices, as that would mean I could funnel more money into other things (or just keep more funds in savings), but my pull list wouldn't be affected by it.

In fact, if DC lowered its prices by using cheaper paper, cheaper artists, or cheaper art technologies.....that would mean the books wouldn't look as good as they do now and that might lead to my dropping some titles. So lower prices might in fact lead to me buying less from DC than I do now.

There are a lot of things DC could do to make me spend more money on them. Lowering prices isn't really one of them.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Nah. I simply don't like the subpar storylines and the rushed art. I hate double shipping.

Their minis are way better than their ongoings atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    Nah. I simply don't like the subpar storylines and the rushed art. I hate double shipping.

Their minis are way better than their ongoings atm.
    Really? I love it. I've found that the books that double ship keep my interest longer and keep me more engaged. The monthly wait for other books feels like such a drag now.

But then, Im of the mind that comics need to ship weekly, in 5 page issues, at a .99 price point. So clearly I favor a more rapid, modeled-after-tv approach to the industry.

I think DC made a smart move by double shipping at the 2.99 price point too. Undercutting Marvel's prices made it look a lot more enticing; I could spend 4 bucks a month for twenty pages at Marvel, (or maybe 8 bucks a month for forty pages if its a book Marvel double ships) or spend 6 bucks for forty pages at DC. It's a solid deal. (money isn't much of a consideration with my pull list but I still try to be a savvy spender)
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Price is not an issue for me.

I read what I want...I just do not seem to want to read much anymore.

I don't think the comics have changed...I think I might have changed.

I do not want to read about Batman or Superman. The characters that I do like don't sell.

Art and storylines will drive me away. I hate the way some of my favorite characters look or act now.

I just find my enjoyment diminishing. The frequent events do not excite me at all.

I don't think cheaper comics will remedy this.

There might be one or two books a month I might buy if they were all cheaper but it's really that I only have so much time to read. I already have a huge backlog of stuff to get through as it is.

It's interesting that if you go over to the Marvel Comics threads, there are no polls or debates about cheaper paper or cheaper comic books. All Marvel titles are at least $3.99
    and people that buy Marvel books are just fine with it. Are DC fans cheapskates or do they just like to complain a lot?

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I find the price point now prohibits me from trying as many new books as I used to.
    $5-6 a pop (Aussie dollar) is a bit much to ask.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Incredible Member

Na, they could charge $1 or $10 an issue and nothing would change for me.

If it were a character that didn't interest me I probably wouldn't pick up the book if it were free.