Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Mighty Member

Interesting how Bolt and Blue Devil both made their debuts today. DC really tried with these titles. Fans just don't support anything. Too busy being bitter and spiteful towards a company that does nothing but try. Too bad exciting titles like this have to suffer because of it!!!!!
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Hey, one of Gunn's crony from The Silencer popping in Sideways' awesome issue out today. Seems that it's more than just Bendis who got to play with Leviathan.
    I’m really hoping Sideways and Silencer pop up in Bendis’ big Leviathan arc.

Today’s issue was very enjoyable. Man is Derek’s adopted dad a dick. I almost wish Clark would adopt him instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m really hoping Sideways and Silencer pop up in Bendis’ big Leviathan arc.

Today’s issue was very enjoyable. Man is Derek’s adopted dad a dick. I almost wish Clark would adopt him instead.
    I didn’t think his dad was being a dick. He’s probably more hurt than he’s ever been in his life. In his mind Derek insulted his mom the last time he saw her, she was murdered, then his disappears and misses her funeral. Without knowing what is really going on, I think his anger is kinda understandable. I hope Derek tells him the truth about his powers and about his whereabouts during the funeral.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Interesting how Bolt and Blue Devil both made their debuts today. DC really tried with these titles. Fans just don't support anything. Too busy being bitter and spiteful towards a company that does nothing but try. Too bad exciting titles like this have to suffer because of it!!!!!
    Could not agree more!

Looks like Terriffics may end up being the only title that survives, which makes me sad and happy at the same time.

I'm enjoying Silencer, Damage, Brimstone, and Unexpected until the very end!
    WHO DAT?!!

Boisterously Confused

I read this one pretty much on a whim, expecting very little...and got pleasantly surprised. It's really quite grown on me.

Damn it, Rocafort art is really awesome...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    To be fair EVERYBODY is suffering on that note.
    Pick up Patrick Kindlon's There's Nothing There issue 3 or 4-in the letter columns he goes off on that.

Yes Dc tried but far too many times they try ONCE and don't bother again.

Yeah some of these books didn't last longer but one thing I have seen with them, New Superman & Batman & Signal-SOMEBODY has READ them and can talk about them.

These are also book not packing BINS. In other words if you recommend these books-someone has to buy it NEW at a store-so it will still get sales.

Rocofort’s art can even make a character like Bolt look badass. I was thinking about how the long term potential of characters like Sideways and Damage could be hindered because they are so heavily inspired by Marvel heroes. It’s a fun novelty but that fact will always be hanging over their heads. But small tweaks could be made to differentiate them a little more. Sideways with his mask pulled up to nose level looked pretty cool. It keeps his same overall look but lessens the immediate resemblance to Spider-Man. Maybe they could keep it like that going forward.

Fantastic Member

I feel really sorry for Rocafort...
    He is such an amazing talent yet it feels like he never got his big "break".