Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

https://www.newsarama.com/38626-dc-c...on-s-role.html

New interview with Dan Didio about Sideways and the New Age of Heroes line. Loving what im hearing about Derek and his upcoming stories. Im also curious to see what Grant Morrison does with him. Seems like they have a plan in place!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    https://www.newsarama.com/38626-dc-c...on-s-role.html

New interview with Dan Didio about Sideways and the New Age of Heroes line. Loving what im hearing about Derek and his upcoming stories. Im also curious to see what Grant Morrison does with him. Seems like they have a plan in place!
    I really like what he says about Firestorm. He was a very new character and his book was cancelled after 5 issues and then he only appeared as a backup character and books like Flash and the ended up having a 100 issue run and is a huge character in the DCU now. I think that's very possible what could happen for a lot of these new characters.

I think that's a very good thing that DiDio wants more to ingrain those characters in the DCU more than making them the next big thing. Overall, I'll enjoy the series I'm pulling, and when they'll stop, I'll be okay because foundations will have been laid so the characters will be able to be used in other titles if need be (Damage, I can see in Superman or Wonder Woman and/or Suicide Squad; The Silencer could fit in Deathstroke, Nightwing, RHaTO, well, the Batbooks in general; Sideways I can see moving to Flash and/or Superman somehow, etc.).

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Well if Marvel wo't give readers a good Spider-Man might as well go to DC even Miles Morales isn't cutting it.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

I really liked it. Very much got the classic Spider-man thing going on, but for whatever reason Spidey has never clicked for me and this does, so I'm really digging it.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

And he's already got his own theme song!

Sideways by Men Without Hats

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    I really liked it. Very much got the classic Spider-man thing going on, but for whatever reason Spidey has never clicked for me and this does, so I'm really digging it.
    Yeah, I definitely got a spider-man vibe with the costume, the high school drama, Derek being able to move around quickly with the rifts.

I thought it was a solid first issue and it was nice to see something actually coming out of the Metal event here. My only complaint would be the lettering for the villain seemed off to me, a bit generic maybe. That’s such a minor thing, though. It’s a good sign that DiDio has a plan at least a year out and I’m excited for Morrison to co-script some issues. Oh, and Rocafort killed it on this issue as always!

Promising first issue. Reminded me of Bendis' early Ultimate Spiderman run.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

BANNED

Nice to hear good things so far. I order my comics online nowadays (saves a TON on gas mileage), so I generally get them a week late.

I haven't read Sideways yet, but the reviews are encouraging. Getting me hyped up!

Enjoyed this issue. I'd say 3 for 3 so far on these New Age titles. Would rank them 1. Silencer, 2 Sideways, 3 Damage.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I really enjoyed this issue as well. Derek is a fun character and I liked all the other supporting characters that were introduced as well.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Astonishing Member

I liked this. I always like seeing Rocafort go crazy, like the youthfulness and designs and weirdness. Liked the constant texting. Liked that it's like "mountain showed up, I fell through nothing, got powers" and how revelations and such will likely come later. It's kind of an offbeat title, even after one issue. I've missed Justin Jordan since ... what was he writing, Kyle Rayner's book, right? And Grant Morrison is joining the collab. So like, I'm sticking with this one just to see what hell breaks loose once that kicks in.

It didn't knock my socks off, but I've got enough curiosity to buy it some time.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Definitely enjoyed issue one! Loved the youthful vibe and the art is just incredible! I will definitely be returning for issue #2, just to see Derek’s heroic journey continue. I wonder if any established DC characters will show up? Damage and Silencer have already started interacting with the greater DCU, so I want Sideways to do the same.

Definitely got a Spider-Man vibe from Sideways, which is pretty cool. I feel sorry for Derek though, nobody at school seems to really care about him, even the teachers! Thankfully he has his step sister. I'm curious to see where the story goes and what kind of situations Derek gets himself into! Also it might be way too early to bring the subject up, but I'm curious about his biological parents.

So far New Age is 3 for 3! Bring on Brimstone (last of the solo New Age books)!