Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Was at Wonder Con waiting in line for a signing and Dan Didio was walking by. He was shaking hands and seemed to be in a hurry. I yelled “Dan!” and held up my copy of Sideways. He smiled and ran over to sign my comic. Told him how much I liked the book and he said he was so greatful to everyone who gave it a chance. I haven’t agreed with all of Didio’s decisions over the years but every time I’ve run into him at conventions he’s the nicest guy.

I expect big things coming from Sideways, since it was one of the three NAoH books referenced in the epilogue of Metal, with Immortal Men and The Unexpected. I guess those three will actually deal with the Dark Multiverse and all the implications of Metal, in time.

I've just read the thrid issue, and man was it great ! Killspeed really is a tragic character and Derek reveal himself further, which is great. The back-up story is also really funny and imply great things for the future of this series (if it manages to stay long enough to tell them, which I hope!).

Amazing Member

This is my favorite New Age of Heroes book, which is saying something since I love almost all of them. I think if I were 14, Derek would legit be my favorite superhero. Everyone involved did a great job setting up the larger story, the stakes, the flaws and the character relationships perfectly, wrapped in the shell of a good story! The "villain" was a really compelling character and her price to pay for her powers was so tragic. I loved it.

Mighty Member

I think Sideways is the strongest New Age title right now. And damn, I didn't know Didio wrote comics. Was I supposed to know that? I honestly didn't know.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Man I hope this book sticks around, I’m loving Derek. Any clues on when Morrison will hop on?

Fantastic Member

Not sure on Morrison, but I feel like he gave an issue number or range in a past interview. It’s interesting to me that DiDio wasn’t in the solicit for #5, but I like Justin Jordan can hold his own regardless.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by soundsci View Post
    Not sure on Morrison, but I feel like he gave an issue number or range in a past interview. It’s interesting to me that DiDio wasn’t in the solicit for #5, but I like Justin Jordan can hold his own regardless.
    Jordan is good. He writes good dialogue and captures each character's voice very well.

It was mentionned in the main Dark Matter thread, but I think it's the first time that I saw a teleportation power being used as a physical weapon, with his "edge rifts" effects. It's actualy great, it helps sell him as distincts. I hope that we will see Killspeed again down the lin, possibly "cured" by Dark Star Science or something, where Derek mom's work.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    It was mentionned in the main Dark Matter thread, but I think it's the first time that I saw a teleportation power being used as a physical weapon, with his "edge rifts" effects. It's actualy great, it helps sell him as distincts. I hope that we will see Killspeed again down the lin, possibly "cured" by Dark Star Science or something, where Derek mom's work.
    It's funny because i always thought teleportation was one of the most basic superpowers. I love the versatility.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

I don't necessarily see teleportation as "basic" personaly, since it's a great power to have. But generally speaking, the characters with teleportation abilities tend to be rather passive or in the backbench. Voyager in Avenger : No Surrender is a prime example. She is really important to the story, and yet her function amounted, on the ground, to her being a glorified car, bringing in characters where needed when needed. Hopefully, Derek will be able to really make use of those Deadly properties of his powers safely.

Another fun light hearted issue, even with Killspeed’s tragic origin...

I’m still not sure what happened when that bus went through the rift, besides the explosion, it wasn’t clear, at least to me. I gotta re-read it again...

I really didn’t like the Psa at the end, four pages taken away from the main story to explain his origins that were already explained in the first issue. Why tho??
    #MagnetoWasRight

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DIVINITY View Post
    Another fun light hearted issue, even with Killspeed’s tragic origin...

I’m still not sure what happened when that bus went through the rift, besides the explosion, it wasn’t clear, at least to me. I gotta re-read it again...

I really didn’t like the Psa at the end, four pages taken away from the main story to explain his origins that were already explained in the first issue. Why tho??
    I'm totally with you there, it seemed unnecessary for sure. Did it actually reveal any information we didn't know already? I can't remember...

Mighty Member

I'm totally with you there, it seemed unnecessary for sure. Did it actually reveal any information we didn't know already? I can't remember...
    Think of it as a recap.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    Think of it as a recap.
    Cool, but they go in the front, before the current story takes place...

Dc has always been against it, (at least the last decade or so) so why now, and why take away story pgs from an already decompressed 20pg story...
    #MagnetoWasRight