Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    According to reports, Sideways, Silencer, and Teriffics are the only NAOH books to make it past issue 12. Unexpected done at 6, Damage and Immortal Men at 12. No word on Brimstone. Terrifics is selling well enough, and Didio is pushing Sideways and Silencer.
    I'm too lazy right now to find a decent gif of Luke Skywalker screaming "No! That's not true! That's impossible!!!" so..........

"No!! That's not true! That's impossible!"

Ah, Unexpected.....you were too good for this world.

Actually, do you have a source for this news? If I can stay in denial a little longer......
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'm too lazy right now to find a decent gif of Luke Skywalker screaming "No! That's not true! That's impossible!!!" so..........

"No!! That's not true! That's impossible!"

Ah, Unexpected.....you were too good for this world.

Actually, do you have a source for this news? If I can stay in denial a little longer......
    Its on Bleeding Cool. But be warned it includes spoilers for Heroes in Crisis.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    According to reports, Sideways, Silencer, and Teriffics are the only NAOH books to make it past issue 12. Unexpected done at 6, Damage and Immortal Men at 12. No word on Brimstone. Terrifics is selling well enough, and Didio is pushing Sideways and Silencer.
    Rich was saying those were false.

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    Rich was saying those were false.
    The rumors come from 4chan so consider them fake until proven true.

Today’s issue was goddamn great, really felt for Derek and his mom. He’s got his Uncle Ben moment now.

Yes he did, but according to the sollicitations, he seems to not be taking the same road as Spidey. Instead of becoming more responsible, he run away from everything. But I wonder how he'll deal with his Dad, who was a non-presence until now in the book.
    Last edited by Korath; 07-12-2018 at 02:45 AM.

yes good issue, art was better this issue than last. Do miss Rockafort, glad he's back next issue.

Was hoping it wouldn’t happen but here we are. I’m just very tired of every hero having a murdered parent as motivation. Not every character needs to be Batman! But I guess if Sideways is a Spider-Man pastiche he needed his Uncle Ben moment.

This was a great issue. Sideways beating himself up over not answering his mom, using his powers to say goodbyes, lashing out at Ernie and the others at school (saw some Dikto Spidey here), and of course the Seven Soldiers! It's so nice to have Rocafort back, I can't wait to see some Dark Multiverse horrors drawn by him.

This issue was incredible. I really felt bad for Derek, and I felt that his reactions at school were great, showing the start of a more thoughtful character, even if he is still lost. I bet it'll be his encounter with New 52 Superman which will finally put him on the right path as a Superhero, because this version will be the social crusader one, and not the Champion of the Status Quo currently in the comics.

Rocafort's return is simply perfection, both for the main cast and the Seven Soldiers, and I can't wait to see him drawing the madness of the Dark Multiverse !

I don’t get how a fill-in issue can have better artists than the main Batman book but it was nice. There we’re some pretty cool deep dives into Silver Age Superman, Superbrain Lois! Negative Superman! And the Seven Soldiers were written ok, Derek fit in rather well with them I thought.

It's crazy that I didn't want to buy into the hype at first but everything time I read this book I love it more and more. Seeing him with the seven soldiers I would love for Sideways to be on a regular team. It would be awesome if they brought the characters related to Dark Nights Metal/The Dark Multiverse (Sideways, Immortal Men, Damage, Brimstone, the remaining members of The Unexpected, The Signal) and have them become a team. Maybe call them Dark Matter?
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 09-14-2018 at 08:22 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Loved seeing New 52 Superman again. I’m betting the Giver is either Dereck’s birth mom, or a Dark Multiverse variant of his adopted mom. Can’t wait for the Annual with Morrison. I really hope Dereck sticks around, he’d be a great fit for YJ.

I wonder if the Giver isn't Ernie. I mean, she gave him his costume, and everything... It's possible she became somethign else in the future and ended as this shadowy figure. I mean, it's a comics about a character moving between dimensions, the normal and Dark Multiverses, so time shenanigans wouldn't be so surprising.

spoilers:
    And I must say that Didio making use of New 52 Superman to firmly set Derek on the path to true heorism is just perfect : he's more relatable to a teenager than the main Superman, but he's still a man with aheart of gold, willing to do everything to help everyone. That's the kind of ideal that Derek should try to realize.
    end of spoilers

Some great fanart for sideways :