Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Having read it, I must say that it's really a strong first issue. I really like the fact that Sideways is one of the titles for the NAoH where the ties to Metal are the most apparents (with Terrifics and Challengers being obvious contender here, possibly also Immortal Men). Derek comes off as a really likeable character, and the art is stimply stunning (I hope that Rocafort will stay longer than just three issues here). DiDio and Jordan writing is also great, it convey well the alienation that Derek endure at school, his family's dynamic and all. Overall, a very likeable set of characters !

https://www.cbr.com/dan-didio-sideways-1-interview/

Another interview with Dan Didio about Sideways. Much of what is said is already known but he does address the Spider-Man comparisons (Blue Beetle is his DC counterpart apparently).
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

I love this character already!!
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Default Upcoming Issues! Beautiful Art

SIDEWAYS #2
    Wrestling with the perils of a lost phone and a death threat from an extraterrestrial keeper of time and space known as Tempus Fuginaut, Derek James discovers that the life of a hero can land you in the hospital, especially when things go sideways.
    On sale MARCH 14 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

SIDEWAYS #3
    Life is moving pretty fast for Derek James…and unfortunately, things are about to get even faster as he is forced to fight a super-speedster hell-bent on destruction—all while wearing no pants! Can Sideways move through space and time quick enough to stop a new villain born out of the recent Speed Force Storm: Killspeed? Also, what better way to learn about Derek’s powers than right from the horse’s mouth—featuring a backup story hosted by Sideways himself!
    On sale APRIL 11 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

SIDEWAYS #4
    It’s not easy being a hero, especially when you don’t know how. And when Sideways steps into the middle of a life-and-death battle between Hotspot and Replicant, he’s unsure how to help…and guaranteed to make things worse. All this when he’s already late for an internship interview? You better believe things are going to go Sideways!
    On sale MAY 9 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Was happy to see Rockafort staying on past issue 3.

Yeah, I'm so glad to see that he remains on board longer than some. Hopefully, it'll really help Sideways build himself a very solid foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Was happy to see Rockafort staying on past issue 3.
    Same here. I love his art! I'm also curious to see if any guest stars will pop up too, like what's currently happening with Silencer and Damage.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I'm also curious to see if any guest stars will pop up too, like what's currently happening with Silencer and Damage.
    It says right there in the solicit Hot Spot is gonna be in this. I mean, I HOPE it's the old Hot Spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    It says right there in the solicit Hot Spot is gonna be in this. I mean, I HOPE it's the old Hot Spot.
    I would assume it's Isaiah, I mean he is around Derek's age if I remember correctly. I doubt it's a new character since nobody named Hotspot was previewed on the DC website, like Derek's family, Killspeed, The Showman, Black Zero Cult, Leto Dominus, The Inverse and Tempus were.

BANNED

I would assume it's Isaiah, I mean he is around Derek's age if I remember correctly.
    A small part of me is hoping that he's written horribly out of character. Isaiah is one of my favorite DC heroes and dang it if I have to be grateful to DiDio for anything.

Killspeed, The Showman, Black Zero Cult, Leto Dominus, The Inverse and Tempus were.
    Wow. I hate ALL of those names. Okay maybe not all but most
    Last edited by Assam; 02-22-2018 at 01:22 PM.

I really enjoyed the first issue
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

A small part of me is hoping that he's written horribly out of character. Isaiah is one of my favorite DC heroes and dang it if I have to be grateful to DiDio for anything.
    He likes Blue Beetle and called him DC's Spider-Man in a recent interview, so I'm already grateful lol

Wow. I hate ALL of those names. Okay maybe not all but most
    Well they're all villains, so I guess Didio did his job lol They have awesome looks though, thanks to Rockafort's killer art skills

Preview for issue 2 is out : https://www.cbr.com/preview-sideways-2/

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...8/2018-02.html

Issue #1 sold 35,086... I guess it is true. New characters don't sell all that well in today's (dying) direct market.

For comparisons sake Damage #1 sold 37,001(#2 is at 27K) and Silencer sold 30,131 (#2 is at 21K). Safe to assume Sideways #2 will have a similar drop...

BANNED

Yeah Silencer could well be over in 6 issues with those numbers. Damage and Sideways I see lasting atleast 12.