Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Sideways-man, Sideways man, does whatever Sideways-man does.

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    This issue was fantastic. I love how Derek’s stupidity came back to bite him. I’m really loving FemOsborn as well, she’s a real slime ball. I was a bit surprised by the ending when did he go from wanting to kill Derek to wanting to train him? Regardless another great issue.
    I like to see that others share my opinion.

Fantastic Member

Another great issue. Please DC, please please keep this character around!

Just a bummer that Rocafort won't be doing the next issue, but it'll be interesting to see what it looks like with another artist's take. It looks like it also features a new villain...they've been flying through those almost one an issue! It keeps things exciting while the slower overarching plot takes place in the background.

I was really surprised by Tempus Fuginaut appearance here, since the last time we saw him, he was hell bent on killing Sideways. But I'm glad to see him more, I like cosmic entities to explain/show more of their duties.

So it seems DC Nation Issue 1 Sideways solicitation has Brett Booth on Issue 6, not Rocafort. If Rocafort’s gone for good that will be the kiss of death for this book, especially with Booth as his replacement.

So it seems DC Nation Issue 1 Sideways solicitation has Brett Booth on Issue 6, not Rocafort. If Rocafort’s gone for good that will be the kiss of death for this book, especially with Booth as his replacement.
    Well none of the artists that started the New Age of Heroes have stayed on the book. I wasn’t expecting Rocafort to stay on Sideways forever. He stayed on longer than the other artists probably because Didio is writing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Well none of the artists that started the New Age of Heroes have stayed on the book. I wasn’t expecting Rocafort to stay on Sideways forever. He stayed on longer than the other artists probably because Didio is writing it.
    I guess it wasn’t unexpected but man, to go from Rocafort to Booth. If he’s the new ongoing artist I’ll provably end up dropping the title. I loathe his art.

BANNED

Well that's unfortunate. Any chance Booth is just a fill-in?

I actually love Booths inker and colorists lol.

Fantastic Member

Must be a mistake. Rocafort is still solicited for that issue.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I've been enjoying this book. I want to know more about the character, and read more about him, and his support characters.

That is certainly something that I can't say about many other books.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

An ok issue. I like the idea of an internet troll themed villain. They are pure evil individuals who enjoy spreading anger and misery. May as well make one a comic book villain. This book really isn’t as fun without Rocofort’s amazing art.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

I like this issue for apart from the troll villain it's Emeline I thought Sideways' counterpart for Flash Thompson would be one Derek's male bullies but but Emeline having a crush on his Sideways persona is a hoot. I will be disappointed if she doesn't start a fan club for him by the next issue. And also unlike Aunt May Derek's mother found out about him pretty early I hope it doesn't kill the potential of the book.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I like this issue for apart from the troll villain it's Emeline I thought Sideways' counterpart for Flash Thompson would be one Derek's male bullies but but Emeline having a crush on his Sideways persona is a hoot. I will be disappointed if she doesn't start a fan club for him by the next issue. And also unlike Aunt May Derek's mother found out about him pretty early I hope it doesn't kill the potential of the book.
    I think it's her who will be killed, if the solicits are to be trusted, honestly... Plus there were several red flags in this issue (Derek disparaging her concerns and thinking that he would apologize later, her being threatened passively by her company, her discovering something she shouldn't have...).

I thought that the issue was solide. At first, the art surprised me, but i felt it still worked, even if Sideway's costume lacked a bit of its lustre compared to Rocafort's. But the Showman is a great concept for a low level villain, and fitting with the current state of the DCU, if Doomsday Clock is to be believed. Can you imagine how strong he would get in Gotham in DCl ?

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I think it's her who will be killed, if the solicits are to be trusted, honestly... Plus there were several red flags in this issue (Derek disparaging her concerns and thinking that he would apologize later, her being threatened passively by her company, her discovering something she shouldn't have...).

I thought that the issue was solide. At first, the art surprised me, but i felt it still worked, even if Sideway's costume lacked a bit of its lustre compared to Rocafort's. But the Showman is a great concept for a low level villain, and fitting with the current state of the DCU, if Doomsday Clock is to be believed. Can you imagine how strong he would get in Gotham in DCl ?
    Then I guess that make Derek's mother his Uncle Ben sad really her being killed might be problematic on the other hand there is Derek's father who has yet to do anything despite the fact his wife has been in so much trouble he doesn't really appear to even show concern. It could be good thing I think. The Showman could take on Superman maybe.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he