Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Retired

We've seen a continuing cool trend to call folks this [something] Boy and that [placeholder] Girl for decades now. I used to be called Young Boy by kd lang back in the '80s (it's a long-ish story).

I'm sure the Fall Out Boys and the Obama Girls will be a recurring hipster affectation in the future. And I think Boy/Girl codenames are better for the Legion than the ones that ride the trend of the moment and become dated once another trend takes over.

I've always liked the idea that the Legion (some members more than others) are nostalgic for the past. It helps explain their odd fashion choices when they first went to visit Clark in the past (note Lightning Boy's pleated trousers).

Spectacular Member

Okay, I've got a pitch star trek with the Legion. The core team would be Brainiac 5, lightning lad, Saturngirl, Cosmicboy, karaté kid, chameleon boy, and triplicate girl.

Cosmicboy, chameleon boy, and Saturngirl were chosen because their powers are easy to do on a tv budget.

Brainiac 5 was brought on to be the brains of the group.

Karaté kid was brought on so to have great hand to hand fights.

Lightning lad was brought on so we could have a hero with visually interesting powers.

Triplicate girl was selected because she could die three times.

The series would be about the origin of the Legion. They would go to a planet and fight bad guys some times they would meet a Legionaire and try to recruit them to join the Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    We've seen a continuing cool trend to call folks this [something] Boy and that [placeholder] Girl for decades now. I used to be called Young Boy by kd lang back in the '80s (it's a long-ish story).

I'm sure the Fall Out Boys and the Obama Girls will be a recurring hipster affectation in the future. And I think Boy/Girl codenames are better for the Legion than the ones that ride the trend of the moment and become dated once another trend takes over.

I've always liked the idea that the Legion (some members more than others) are nostalgic for the past. It helps explain their odd fashion choices when they first went to visit Clark in the past (note Lightning Boy's pleated trousers).

I just have a hard time imagining the Legion without the "lad" or "lass" kind of codenames.

They're just too ingrained in my mind for me to accept anything else.

Extraordinary Member

If we are going live action, I prefer the Legion appear on the silver screen, rather than the small screen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    If we are going live action, I prefer the Legion appear on the silver screen, rather than the small screen.
    If WB can't even make a Superman movie they shouldn't even be thinking about the Legion.