Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    X-men and Tf2 fan. WolverineandDeadpool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Wait, can there be a mutant/Inhuman hybrid?
    Quicksilver's kid?

BANNED

Squirrel Girl?

X-men and Tf2 fan. WolverineandDeadpool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Squirrel Girl?
    She was a Mutant but got retconned to not be a Mutant at some point.

BANNED

I want them to take
    Cpt. Marvel
    Blue Marvel
    Hercules
    Vision
    Gamora
    Ironman(Starting to think he doesn't like mutants)

BANNED

Or Darkhawk

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I miss having a human supporting cast most of all. The books were more fun with Moira, Stevie, Sharon & Tom, and even naughty nurse Annie around! But writing a team book seems like a lost art these days and when even the (supposedly) main characters are barely getting any development, it's probably best to keep the cast contained until better writers and editors come along.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Spider-Man, since of all the non-mutant superheroes besides the Hulk, he's the closest to understanding the mutant experience on account of also being demonized by the media and thus distrusted, feared, and hated by the very populace he seeks to protect (and even fellow heroes who buy into the negative press surrounding him), along with being hunted and hounded by the authorities and other powerful/well-connected individuals, and targeted a fair few times by mad scientists obsessed with his DNA. Hell, when J. Jonah Jameson became mayor, what did he do? Funnel the city's resources into a task force specifically to hunt and capture Spider-Man, and well before that, he sank his personal wealth into creating the Scorpion and the Spider-Slayers to take Spider-Man down. Replace targeting Spider-Man in specific with targeting mutants in general, and JJ's actions don't seem all that different, except in scope, from the anti-mutant bigots in power and authority, or with wealth and connections, that the X-Men have fought over the years.
    Honestly, with how much they have in common, I expected Spidey to have a better relationship with the X-Men, but they don't seem to respect him much:

At the very least it gets better by the end of the "Spider-Man & the X-Men", but still, I remember reading pre-OMD issues with them treating him better.

Come to think of it, the Hulk would be a very good option for a non-mutant hero joining the X-Men, too. He has it even worse than Spider-Man when it comes to being hunted and hounded by the authorities and distrusted, feared, and loathed by the general public (and by many of his fellow heroes), and he also has in common with mutants that government forces have attempted to weaponize him or his genetics in the past, only outright trying to kill him once it became clear that he couldn't (or wouldn't) be controlled or contained. Hell, it was the heroes' fear of the Hulk that led to Bruce Banner being betrayed on two separate occasions, with the second ending in his flat-out summary execution, and given how non-mutant heroes have not always been reliable allies to the X-Men, either, it could be a situation where "us feared and hated outcasts might as well stick together."
    That's something I never considered, wonder if at any point the X-Men tried to help the Hulk.

I'm gonna throw Hawkeye (Clint Barton) out there, I think human supporting casts are good, and while I see the merit in choosing someone like Spider-Man or Hulk because they might fundamentally understand the struggle faced by the X-Men and mutants, I think Hawkeye's inability to empathize immediately or totally (at least at first) would make a good read.

BANNED

Puck and Sasquatch need to be rescued from Captain Marvel's shitty book.

Hulk. Best idea yet (credit huntsman spider)
    If not him, then Thing until the Richards come back.
    She-Hulk or Tigra might work, too, though they're not really Claremazon types.
    Last edited by Criticalfan; 01-02-2018 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Even more ideas!

Amazing Member

When they commit to a regular student book, how about a non-powered suit wearing villain fall in with them. Have them choose not to follow the orders to hurt the kids and they end up smuggling him/her into the school and they can work at redemption as a honorary x-men.

Be kind of interesting on the friendship level how would "person who used a costume to gain powers" and "kids who never asked for powers and got them" interact on an off-day.