All-New Member

Question HELP! What Spider-Man comic is this?

Hey Spider-Man fans!

So, her is the thing when I was about a 10 yo girl once I managed to convince my mom to buy me a spider-man comic book. It was a pretty cool one and the only one which I had own then and it got lost during the move-out. Now I'd love to find it and re-read it once more, but I only remember a few facts from the story, I don't have a title or any other things. Could You maybe help me find it? \

So here are the facts:

1) I think it was realised before 2007 (I bought it about that time), but I live in Poland, and it was translated, so the original probably had been realised some time before.

2) I bought the book in one of local network bookstores, not in any special comic shop.

3) It had a black cover, it was not a hard one, but it was more like a book, not a magazine.

4) I don't remember much of the story, but I do memorize some drawings. The main plot was organized aroun "something" which was poisoning people or getting inside them, it was eating them from inside. People affected by this creature were ending eaten from inside by a bunch of spiders, they were getting outside by a feeder's mouth and leaving only the skin, like an empty cover, then searching for a new feeder. I remember that a few of the drawings were about a pretty hot blonde, who was also a victim of this bad-guy. She was probably a secretary, cause she was wearing a pencil skirt, white shirt and high heels. Her hair were shoulders-long and she had a fringe. She might wear glasses, but I'm not sure. On the other hand I am aware that polish and the original edition can be different by some details.

So is there anyone who does know the title of this comicbook? I'm screaming for help!

Sounds like something from JMS' run, is this the blonde chick by any chance?

Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

I’ve never read the comic, but that sounds like the obscure villain Thousand. He was a bully who made Flash look downright friendly, and he figured out about the spider bite giving Peter powers. He then found the dead spider and ate it, thinking he’d get the same powers. Instead, he turned into a huge pile of spiders that would eat people from the inside out and use their skins as a suit.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post
    I’ve never read the comic, but that sounds like the obscure villain Thousand. He was a bully who made Flash look downright friendly, and he figured out about the spider bite giving Peter powers. He then found the dead spider and ate it, thinking he’d get the same powers. Instead, he turned into a huge pile of spiders that would eat people from the inside out and use their skins as a suit.
    Sounds like it to me, too. It's the first three issues of the anthology series Tangled Web.

Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

All-New Member

Hey guys! You are the best!
    Thanks so much! I found it! It was was a book compilated from three comics with Thousand, as You had suggested. I've already read that this blonde was Jess Patton, JJ Jameson secretary and She was killed through the second comic (of three). Here is the screen shot of her. Untitled-1.jpg

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Sounds like it to me, too. It's the first three issues of the anthology series Tangled Web.

Yeah! That's it!
    Last edited by woedbeanna; 12-30-2017 at 12:55 PM.

I vaguely remember this one too. Funnily enough the wearing the skins of the victims as disguises shtick reminded me of the MO of minor Batman villain Jane Doe, first introduced in Arkham Asylum: Living Hell. Written by none other than our Dan Slott.