Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default So what happened to the Dark Spider-Man (Dark Avengers)

what happened to the Dark Spider-Man, Ai Aipec, from Norman Osborn's Dark Avengers team?

what was the background of his character? Mutant, human-mutate, Inhuman, alien, etc.?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Supposedly a god of bloodletting from South America, with a spiderlike lower body and a head with snakes for hair. He got crushed under foot by June Covington (Dark Scarlet Witch) at the end of Jeff Parker's Dark Avengers after he'd been shrunk to the size of an actual spider.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

There was one that died just before or during Spider-Verse. Was that one from an alternate universe?

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    There was one that died just before or during Spider-Verse. Was that one from an alternate universe?
    In the Prelude to Spider-Verse, yes, and he was an alternate version of the character.

they should bring him back in his original form. the death was less than respectful for such a cool-looking deity.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Supposedly a god of bloodletting from South America, with a spiderlike lower body and a head with snakes for hair. He got crushed under foot by June Covington (Dark Scarlet Witch) at the end of Jeff Parker's Dark Avengers after he'd been shrunk to the size of an actual spider.
    Crushed but can a god be killed like that?
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

technically, a Pym particle user can't even be killed like that; let alone one who already had enhanced strength.

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 12-25-2017 at 09:35 PM.

So he's probably just laying low, still shrunk, or maybe somebody restored him to normal size and he went back to South America because he was sick of dealing with this crap.

I'd love to see more done with the character. Specifically, I think it'd be cool to see him tied to the Black Tarantula.

-Pav, who figures spiders should stick together...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I'd love to see more done with the character. Specifically, I think it'd be cool to see him tied to the Black Tarantula.

-Pav, who figures spiders should stick together...
    That's a good idea. Considering both Ai Apaec and Black Tarantula are from South America, even if differing regions and differing mythologies (albeit self-created mythology in the case of Black Tarantula), they could have some pretty good overlap. Hell, Ai Apaec could become Black Tarantula's patron god, or Black Tarantula could become Ai Apaec's patron saint, and either or both would lead to a power boost for Black Tarantula that would bring him back as a major powerhouse contender in the criminal underworld and/or Spider-Man's rogues gallery. Given his past stint as a vigilante over in Ed Brubaker's Daredevil run, I could see Black Tarantula diving back into the criminal underworld because, similar to early Red Hood Jason Todd at DC, he figures that if crime can't be stopped, it must be controlled and constrained so that innocent people aren't unnecessarily jeopardized by it. With his hypothetical power boost, he should be able to enforce his rules and standards quite harshly on those who would break them.

I'm not against there being a cult of Ai Apaec. I kind of want to know how he was incarcerated; in the first place?

Very good question, actually, given that he's supposed to be a god.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Very good question, actually, given that he's supposed to be a god.
    he's certainly a gorgon. he could be a demi-god. I think he's been around long enough that he was misinterpreted as a god by the locals. there are all sorts of things that Ai Apaec could be (deviant, inhuman, mutate, extraterrestrial, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    he's certainly a gorgon. he could be a demi-god. I think he's been around long enough that he was misinterpreted as a god by the locals. there are all sorts of things that Ai Apaec could be (deviant, inhuman, mutate, extraterrestrial, etc).
    Point taken.

I'd definitely tie Ai Apaec and Black Tarantula into the whole Web of Life stuff.

I'd also love to see the spider-demons from the Fever miniseries tied in as well.

There's lots of cool mystical spider stuff available for the writer who chooses to utilize it.

-Pav, who also misses Doppelganger...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details