Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roxy Rocket

Default Roxy Rocket

i really took a liking to this character when i saw her in The Ultimate Thrill episode of BTAS, thought she had a pretty cool backstory. i read that she was introduced to the the DC comics universe in 2006 but i never read any comics she appeared in but recently saw her pop up briefly in the pages of Batman White Knight.

anyways would anybody else like to see something more done with the character?? are her comic book appearances worth tracking down??

oh and also did anybody think there was some serious errotic/sexual undertones in that Ultimate Thrill episode??

BANNED

She also had a cool fight scene in that episode where she wiped the floor with Penguin's henchgirls.

Batman: Black & White #1 pages 1,2,3 of 8 by Sean Gordon Murphy & John Arcudi - source Deviant Art

I enjoyed her as a character and would like to see more of her in comics along with Baby Doll and Calendar Girl from BTAS.

Astonishing Member

I think Roxy is a great character. I think she would be a good challenge for Nightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    Batman: Black & White #1 pages 1,2,3 of 8 by Sean Gordon Murphy & John Arcudi - source Deviant Art

i totally forgot about that, i actually have that comic. sean murphy is obviously a fan of the character.

Bats is such a tease!!

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I enjoyed her as a character and would like to see more of her in comics along with Baby Doll and Calendar Girl from BTAS.
    If I were editor of the Batbooks, I'd mandate Calendar Girl, Baby Doll and Beware the Batman's take on Magpie being pushed as more prominent villains.

Roxy is fine I guess. As scary harpy said, she'd fit into Nightwing's title.

Mighty Member

She has a minor role in the Justice League Action episode "The Fatal Fare".

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    If I were editor of the Batbooks, I'd mandate Calendar Girl, Baby Doll and Beware the Batman's take on Magpie being pushed as more prominent villains.
    Well, the Beware the Batman take on Magpie has pretty much become the de-facto version, so you're halfway there .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, the Beware the Batman take on Magpie has pretty much become the de-facto version, so you're halfway there .
    I enjoy that version of Magpie, so I'm here for it. With Selina and Bruce getting hitched, if I were an editor I'd make a storyline making Magpie Gotham's new Princess of Plunder (or thinking she can become it), since there'll be a vacancy in that role. Gotham villains hate a vacuum.

Roxy is fine I guess. As scary harpy said, she'd fit into Nightwing's title.
    I agree. There's plenty of room for Magpie, Calendar Girl, Baby Doll, Roxy Rocket, and Phantasm in Gotham IYAM.

With Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy becoming quasi-anti-villains at times, we need some more lethal ladies in Gotham. I'm even up for the return and redevelopment of White Rabbit as long as they put her in a proper costume this time. (I'm not into lingerie battle gear.) <shrugs shoulders>

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I expected as much. That Lady Gaga/Sia meets Black Swan look is so striking and cosplayable. If DC starts pushing her enough, she can catch on pretty fast. Did her New 52 appearance also take from her Beware characterization?

I enjoy that version of Magpie, so I'm here for it. With Selina and Bruce getting hitched, if I were an editor I'd make a storyline making Magpie Gotham's new Princess of Plunder (or thinking she can become it), since there'll be a vacancy in that role. Gotham villains hate a vacuum.
    Yes, I like this direction for the character. Also, Shiny, Shiny! is such a simple but annoyingly catchy phrase that fits in with the other Batman Rogues.

I agree. There's plenty of room for Magpie, Calendar Girl, Baby Doll, Roxy Rocket, and Phantasm in Gotham IYAM.

With Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy becoming quasi-anti-villains at times, we need some more lethal ladies in Gotham. I'm even up for the return and redevelopment of White Rabbit as long as they put her in a proper costume this time. (I'm not into lingerie battle gear.) <shrugs shoulders>
    Not big on White Rabbit. Simply because whenever DC and Marvel have too similar characters, when one is made prominent in a media adaptation, the other is deliberately downplayed and marginalized. Eg. Treatment of Marvel's Enchantress after DC's Enchantress featured in the Suicide Squad movie, Sony's loong reluctance to feature Black Cat, the most prominent female Spidey villain in the movies (Raimi reportedly even wanted to change her into Vulturess for a planned Spider-Man 4), and even now when they are finally planning to feature her in a spin-off, they've tacked Silver Sable of all characters on to her. After Aquaman the movie comes out, I doubt Marvel will have plans for Namor and his version of Atlantis for the big screen either.

I propose the unsettlingly creepy Jane Doe instead. But only the original version in Dan Slott's Arkham Asylum: Living Hell. Not the ruined subsequent appearances.

Speaking of Living Hell, it had a rare interesting showing for Magpie as well, even establishing a proto-Harley relationship of sorts for her with Ivy in the story.

The Anchoress can also work very well if used as a villain exclusive to Arkham based stories. She will add to Arkham Asylum's Gothic atmosphere.

I expected as much. That Lady Gaga/Sia meets Black Swan look is so striking and cosplayable. If DC starts pushing her enough, she can catch on pretty fast. Did her New 52 appearance also take from her Beware characterization?

Yes, I like this direction for the character. Also, Shiny, Shiny! is such a simple but annoyingly catchy phrase that fits in with the other Batman Rogues.
    IIRC, the only thing I've seen Magpie in with that design is the early-released art for the new Harley Quinn animated series. She's standing in the bar with the rest of the characters.

Count me among those who are not annoyed at all with her repeated and obsessive utterances of "shiny, shiny."

Not big on White Rabbit. Simply because whenever DC and Marvel have too similar characters, when one is made prominent in a media adaptation, the other is deliberately downplayed and marginalized. Eg. Treatment of Marvel's Enchantress after DC's Enchantress featured in the Suicide Squad movie, Sony's loong reluctance to feature Black Cat, the most prominent female Spidey villain in the movies (Raimi reportedly even wanted to change her into Vulturess for a planned Spider-Man 4), and even now when they are finally planning to feature her in a spin-off, they've tacked Silver Sable of all characters on to her. After Aquaman the movie comes out, I doubt Marvel will have plans for Namor and his version of Atlantis for the big screen either.

I propose the unsettlingly creepy Jane Doe instead. But only the original version in Dan Slott's Arkham Asylum: Living Hell. Not the ruined subsequent appearances.

Speaking of Living Hell, it had a rare interesting showing for Magpie as well, even establishing a proto-Harley relationship of sorts for her with Ivy in the story.

The Anchoress can also work very well if used as a villain exclusive to Arkham based stories. She will add to Arkham Asylum's Gothic atmosphere.
    White Rabbit is a pretty blank slate to me since I think she's only shown up in that initial Batman story in the New 52. Somebody could do something interesting with her - as long as they change that costume. (It's horrendous.) But, I'm also someone who advocates getting the Mad Hatter and the Wonderland Gang back together for a multi-part story - and including White Rabbit and Alice from Batwoman. I'd really to see the Gang's personalities get fleshed out while pitting themselves against Batman and maybe another member or two of the Batfam.

It's a crime we haven't gotten Black Cat on the screen yet. Spider-Man annoys me to a degree, because like the Flash or Green Lantern, he has so few villainesses in his rogues gallery.

Jane Doe is a great character. In another topic on the boards, I proposed a new title for the Batfam: "Nightwing and Flamebird." The first story would be Dick and Bette running afoul of Jane Doe and Mr. Zsasz out together on "date night."