Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Default Jonathon Silvercloud - Forge Appreciation

Forge is a fictional superhero appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics, most commonly in association with the X-Men. A mutant with an unsurpassed brilliance in technology, Forge has had a lengthy career as a government weapons contractor. Created by writer Chris Claremont and artist John Romita Jr., Forge first appeared in Uncanny X-Men #184 (August 1984).

He shared a romantic relationship with Storm and a brief affair with Mystique, which led him to associate with the X-Men and thus enhancing the technology at the X-Mansion. He was also a member of the mutant group called X-Factor. (Via Wikipedia)

we can be heroes, just for one day

Also a fan of Forge.

Just wish marvel will actually use him more offensively and on teams. You would think a guy with a cybernetic hand and leg would be a modern version of of Mega Man or the six billion dollar man. Anyway love this guy!
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Even in the heat of battle good old Forge has a lot going on in his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Ultimate Member

I've always been a fan of the character but Jonathan Silvercloud is not his real name last I checked, we still don't know what it is...

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I've always been a fan of the character but Jonathan Silvercloud is not his real name last I checked, we still don't know what it is...
    I came in for this reason. One of the weird things was X-Factor circa Phalanx Covenant where they were implying his mutant name was Maker (iirc), suggesting his real name is Forge.

This is actually something I hope they address some day. He deserves a real name in addition to Forge, just like Rogue eventually got one.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I came in for this reason. One of the weird things was X-Factor circa Phalanx Covenant where they were implying his mutant name was Maker (iirc), suggesting his real name is Forge.

This is actually something I hope they address some day. He deserves a real name in addition to Forge, just like Rogue eventually got one.
    Well, considering it took the movies to get Claremont to adopt the actress's+her movie name for Rogue, I imagine Jonathon Silvercloud will stick eventually. It's the best he's got so far!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post

Well the whole name of "The Maker" as far as I know is from a possible future where that's the name that he was going by in that possible future rather than Forge, kind of like how in some possible future's Rachel goes by Mother Askani or whatever...

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Also a fan of Forge.

Just wish marvel will actually use him more offensively and on teams. You would think a guy with a cybernetic hand and leg would be a modern version of of Mega Man or the six billion dollar man. Anyway love this guy!
    yeah, he is very cool
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Astonishing Member

I was just going to ask the same thing about his name.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

There was never a Forge thread before? Wow. Well yeah this is one of those characters I really like but gets mostly ignored or treated kinda garbagey

Forge x Storm = eternal canon
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

He’s filler, sadly.

Forge is one of those characters who could easily be an Avenger or an Illuminati or head a SHIELD team, but he’s hindered by being an X property in the Marvel Universe. Anything X is dominated and swallowed up by all the Wolverines and Phoenixes and Magnetos. He’s a mutant MacGuyver but chooses to wear fringe and wait to be asked before dancing?

He’s got tons of connections and potential, which is why I suggested he be part of an Excalibur reboot. Excalibur is the only place true weirdos can go and grow.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Forge x Storm = eternal canon
    Oh please, Destiny herself knew that storms pass. Mystique can have him.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    Forge is a fictional superhero appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics, most commonly in association with the X-Men. A mutant with an unsurpassed brilliance in technology, Forge has had a lengthy career as a government weapons contractor. Created by writer Chris Claremont and artist John Romita Jr., Forge first appeared in Uncanny X-Men #184 (August 1984).

He shared a romantic relationship with Storm and a brief affair with Mystique, which led him to associate with the X-Men and thus enhancing the technology at the X-Mansion. He was also a member of the mutant group called X-Factor. (Via Wikipedia)

Like others have said he has no real name where did you get Jonathan Silvercloud from?
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Like others have said he has no real name where did you get Jonathan Silvercloud from?
    Jonathon Silvercloud (Earth-515)

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    I personally wont count that name in 616 untill its stated on panel. Ultimate U name sure but main Mu nope
    Last edited by berserkerclaw; 12-30-2017 at 04:59 PM.
    X-Men Forever