Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Respect for the Enchantress.

For the rest of the Marvel Universe: Better, enjoyable and readable comics in all lines, No events, Good creative teams for all the books (good writers, good artists).
    Last edited by Charlie_1981; 12-31-2017 at 12:35 AM.

What I want:
    - Return of Odinson, Banner and Tony Stark into their proper roles.
    - Keep Amadeus, Jane and Riri around in their own books or into team books like avengers or Champions
    - Give Dr Doom a solo book again, just not as an imitation Iron Man this time. (Hopefully written by Brisson or Rosenberg)
    - Return of the FF, with a focus on adventure and exploration
    - Prominent Role for Kate Bishop either in another solo book or team up book with Clint or Avengers type book
    -Reduce the avengers down to one or two books- ( An Avengers book coupled with a young avengers book focusing on newer characters would be great)
    - Anybody but Nick Spencer as the replacement for Slott on Amazing Spider-Man ( After what Secret Empire did to Cap I am terrified of what Spencer would do to Spidey)
    - Keep Sam Wilson as the leader of the Avengers ( Keep Steve on his own for a while)
    - Give She- Hulk a proper series not this weird out of character overly angry grey version ( a return to the character by slott would be great)
    -A blade series of some kind ( So freaking happy that marvel listened to complaints about the seeley series and got it cancelled, I mean who would want a blade book from a great writer, when we instead can have nothing at all. That decision really turned out great for blade fans who got nothing because a bunch of people who would never buy a blade book written by anyone complained)
    -Danny and Misty, Peter and Mary Jane back together
    - Keep Old Man Logan around- (I hate multiple versions of the same character but man has that series been good , first time Logan has actually acted like Logan in years)
    - David Walker on a prominent book like Avengers or X-men. (guy is an incredible talent who just needs the right book)
    -less politics, don't have to remove them completely as they are a big part of the medium but add some subtlety and actually have a point to it.
    -Overall just Less focus from Marvel on earning acclaim from the tumblr crowd and so called fans who complain about everything but who don't actually buy the books.
    Last edited by regg215; 12-30-2017 at 11:45 PM.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Ultimate Member

Go back to basic fast paced superhero storytelling. Books like Black Panther, Spider-man and Invincible Iron Man are meandering and the plots just aren’t moving at a good pace. Tony Stark is already back but the pacing is so damn off, this is something I’m not going to miss from Bendis at all.

Marvel should continue to hire and place diverse creators on minority characters. I’m not saying that minority characters should be chained to minority creators (I still want to see a Jonathan Hickman BP book) but it helps when a creator from a certain culture writes within said culture (I doubt any male director could have made Wonder Woman better than Patty Jenkins did). I mean, as much as I love Jason Aaron’s work on Thor, his POV is that of man approaching feminism and in many cases somewhat clumsily.

No more superhero replacements. This isn’t saying no more diversity, I’m saying that Marvel should commit to a long term direction and stop the gimmicks. Alternative realities (like Ultimate universe), moribund titles/characters (like Ms Marvel) and new characters should be used to push diversity. It only makes sense because despite some people jumping and down, the Western world is becoming more diverse and comics should reflect this.

Bring back and re-purpose some of the dead/depowered heroes. I want to see Scott Summers, Thor Odinson, Bruce Banner, Charles Xavier (he’s already back in some form) and given a new life and a new purpose.

Marvel have to manage their PR better. There are so many lies and untruths circulating around them that it’s really affected their image in the eyes of people not familiar with some of the real stories (see the whole Gabriel/Alonso debacle). DC (despite many of their creators being just as left leaning as Marvel creators) has managed their PR a lot better and we don’t get to hear so much garbage about them.

And lastly, Marvel creators should ignore bigots on social media and YouTube. There’s no point in engaging with the likes of Capn Cummings or Diversity and Comics because these guys are the “4chan like” guys that are terrified of people and/or superheroes that aren’t straight white males. The people that feel like this aren’t going to buy a Thor book or Tony Stark book when those characters come back, they are simply interested in tearing down what they perceive to be a “leftist, liberal system”. The whole “SJW Marvel” rallying cry is just a dog whistle for bigots and creators shouldn’t sink to their level and drag themselves into unnecessary spats.
    Last edited by Username taken; 12-31-2017 at 12:14 AM.

In terms of what I actually want from Marvel next year:

An Ironheart solo written by a black woman who already works in comics. There's plenty chomping at the bit to do that book, give them the chance. Get it launched by early summer.

I'd love to see Kelly Thompson take over Amazing Spider-Man. I know it won't happen. I know Marvel just will not give an A-list title like that to a woman. But I think she deserves that opportunity.

I'd like to see Marvel push harder at having diverse creators, and to particularly improve at having diverse writers. And more particularly, more writers who are women of colour. They're starting the year by ending all three titles written by women of colour. I'd like to see the year end with twice that number going on.

Openly trans rep. Bring back Sera. Introduce other openly trans characters.

Let the nostalgia-wanking in the X-Men franchise finally die. Move on. Do new shit. Embrace the minority metaphor by actually treating mutants as an actual minority group, with its own culture, and facing discrimination more mundane than giant kill-bots.

Lady Stilt-Man to appear somewhere. I don't even care where. Just throw in Lady Stilt-Man.

Toni and Aikku to remain Avengers after No Surrender. Or at least be a part of some team. Toni, especially, as one of the few adult female scientist-heroes. Let her be a bigger deal.

Monica Rambeau. Somewhere. Don't let her fade back into limbo. She's amazing, show her off.

A mini about how Mystique met and fell in love over the course of a turn-of-the-century heist. Come on, Marvel, you're sitting on gold with that.

A mini set in a steampunk world. Think 1602, but instead, it's steampunk. People love steampunk!

I expect precisely none of these things to occur.

Coates off BP, let him write his Storm Solo he wants so bad. Give Redjack a shot a BP since he is killed it on the Avengers Cartoon BP centric episodes and hos mosiac was highly underrated

Redo the Ultimates, add in 2 new members and repurpose them to more akin to Hickmans Avengers world style rather then a FF Knock off

Have a flag ship Avengers title, get BP Cap Marvel and strange on the team as they are likely going to be the Trinity in the MCU after infinity war.

Marvel needs to make more mini series to try out new ideas and make it clear from the get go it's a mini, if it does well then Make it an ongoing, but allow the writers to tell the full story.

Astonishing Member

I want Marvel to hire writers and artists based on talent, not based on gender or color. TALENT.

You can sell comics? Hired.

You have won awards? Hired.

You have a lot of critical success? Hired.

No free rides to anyone. Prove yourself first. Make it happen.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    For example, I am reasonably sure America would be selling much better if someone other then Gabby was writing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Marvel should continue to hire and place diverse creators on minority characters. I’m not saying that minority characters should be chained to minority creators (I still want to see a Jonathan Hickman BP book) but it helps when a creator from a certain culture writes within said culture (I doubt any male director could have made Wonder Woman better than Patty Jenkins did). I mean, as much as I love Jason Aaron’s work on Thor, his POV is that of man approaching feminism and in many cases somewhat clumsily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I want Marvel to hire writers and artists based on talent, not based on gender or color. TALENT.
    These, together, I think, describe the balancing act dilemma that Marvel deals with. Although I haven't been buying many books, I think they did a pretty good job in 2015-2017. With hindsight, I'd still say it was good to have Cain, Rivera, Walker, Ahmed, Thompson, and Bemis on their respective books. Even if I don't think we've seen real lasting power for something new outside of Ms. Marvel.

I would like:

1) The Black Knight to appear monthly in a team book.
    2) A conclusion to Becca's story in Weirdworld.
    3) To see Captain Britain again, preferably teaming up with the Black Knight.

What I want?
    Writers exploring the Marvel Universe, and not a tiny part of it.
    Undexexposed characters being allowed to be elevant.

What I expect?
    More Iron Man, Thor, Ms Marvel, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Hulk of every gender, skin color and sexual orientation

If cyclops is not coming back I don't give a shit

I expect to see more characters get butchered in favour of Saint Jean, X daddy, Logan
    to get to see Scott's name dragged through the mud even more
    to see more bullshit love triangles and retcons
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Make jean grey the wonder woman of marvel and forget the dark phoenix phase. Make the f4 better than the Avengers and More important than them. Make the x men go sold out and epic and cooler than the Avengers.
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Mighty Member

What do I expect?
    Ehh, I expect all the same things people have been complaining about for a decade.

What do I want?
    At the VERY least, a definitive direction for Pymtron.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    These, together, I think, describe the balancing act dilemma that Marvel deals with. Although I haven't been buying many books, I think they did a pretty good job in 2015-2017. With hindsight, I'd still say it was good to have Cain, Rivera, Walker, Ahmed, Thompson, and Bemis on their respective books. Even if I don't think we've seen real lasting power for something new outside of Ms. Marvel.

Good point.

But I think editorial (or whoever is in charge) should provide better guidance and carefully vet creator pitches regardless of race or gender or sexuality. I'm not saying they should straight jacket creators but a Black Panther book (for example) should feature and focus on the main character for extended periods of time.

Coates on BP was a fantastic idea but the results haven't been up to par IMHO. Same with Rivera on America (I'm relying purely on second hand information because I haven't read the America book).

It's a delicate balancing act but the folks in charge need to lay down clear directions on where they want the books to go.

It would be a huge list but if two of the requests below happen it will already be a win:

That Champions and Uncanny Avengers are not canceled.

A team of young mutants acting like heroes (since this was not GX's intention which ended up generating their cancellation).

A change in direction, purpose or writer in X-men Gold.

Let the O5 X-mens be sent back.

The return of FF.

New games and merchandise with X-mens.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

What do I EXPECT?

* Events
    * Deaths
    * New number ones