Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel/DC Fan View Post
    I expect a return of the Fantastic Four and the F4 and X-men to make a return to prominence in the MU.
    Things I would like to see:
    - Hulk, Iron Man, Avengers, Spider Man, Black Panther and Thor books done in the kind of style of Waid/Samnee's Captain America.
    - Marvel to expand outside of the direct market. No one is going to know how successful a character like Moon Girl is going to be if you just market her to your average comic book store shopper.
    - A Power Pack miniseries or ongoing by Devin Grayson
    - The Runaways to have a long healthy run.
    - A long shot but... Amazing Spider-Man by Gail Simone and Nicola Scott
    - Return of Adam Warlock and the Infinity Watch
    - GoTG revamped with a all-star writer/artist team.
    - Some more Marvel books by Christopher Priest.
    Let Redjack do BP. He has shown he does a good Bp from the Avengers assemble Cartoon BP centric episodes he wrote. His mosiac book was highly underrated, and he want's to write a Bp book as well.

As for Priest. Give him an Avengers title. One of the flagship titles.

I would love some new creatives to make things truly exciting! I've been reading comics for almost two decades now and I love the creators but I'm a little bit surprised at how few new faces there are.

A return of focus to the xmen. They kind of got ignored when fox owned them but since they're coming home now I would love to see them return to greatness

More and better video games. There's so much potential! I wish they would run with it instead of iOS

A Wiccan series please! Oh and Blade!

Astonishing Member

I want Marvel to show a young, hetrosexual Oriental couple. The few Asian characters that appear in comics are either gay, lesbian, or have women that go out with everyone else but an Asian male. It would be nice if Marvel stopped being biased towards Oriental males and have an ongoing relationship between man and woman of the same race for once. No, Shang-Chi and Wong's previous relationships don't count.

• Diversity to be re-marketed, not sidelined.
    • Good new roles, in teams or in solo books, for Kate Bishop, She-Hulk, Riri Williams, Elsa Bloodstone, Spectrum, Ms. Marvel, America Chavez, Robbie Reyes, and Jane Foster. On a smaller level, elevating (Living) Lightning, Raz, Ayo & Aneka, and Kushala
    • Runaways to keep going strong
    • Expand the Defenders-verse beyond the Netflix crew. Give Black Cat a meatier role.
    • Lessen the emphasis on the 'multiverse'; remove the duplicates (young O5, Dark Beast) and almost all of the castaways outside of FF and Doctor Strange
    • Have some good, long-running team X-Books for a change (RIP Generation X)

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I hope for better planning. No more launching a title and just hoping it works. Build the character up a little in other books before throwing them into their own title. Take a hard look at what is selling and what isn't and why.

Match the right talent to the right book. Marvel has a long history of making just bad decisions when it comes to some artists. If you want to try out experimental artist match them up with a proven writer on proven characters. Marvel has a bad habit of putting artists on books that they know are not going be huge sellers to begin with that hurt the books. I mean just look at the history of the She Hulk series and how many niche artist they put on those series which almost without fail drive the sales right into the dirt. If you know a book is going to be risky bet to begin with don't put and artist on the book right out of the gate that is going to hurt more than harm.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I hope for better planning. No more launching a title and just hoping it works. Build the character up a little in other books before throwing them into their own title. Take a hard look at what is selling and what isn't and why.

Match the right talent to the right book. Marvel has a long history of making just bad decisions when it comes to some artists. If you want to try out experimental artist match them up with a proven writer on proven characters. Marvel has a bad habit of putting artists on books that they know are not going be huge sellers to begin with that hurt the books. I mean just look at the history of the She Hulk series and how many niche artist they put on those series which almost without fail drive the sales right into the dirt. If you know a book is going to be risky bet to begin with don't put and artist on the book right out of the gate that is going to hurt more than harm.
    I think the bold is very important for Marvel trying to make team characters solo successes. They need to build them up first instead of just throwing them out there with little promo and buildup.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Infinity Watch is already confirmed - it's one of the FCBD titles this year.

Priest you can forget about though. He's doing Deathstroke and Justice League for DC currently.

What I want
    Stop with variant covers. Books should live and die by their words not how many variants can be put on the cover.
    If and when variants are done don’t place unnecessary ordering requirements on stores undercutting their profits by having more than they actually sell.
    Pare back all offerings. One spider-man, peter. Get rid of Miles. He only dilutes the title. Reduce the Avengers to ONE title. Reduce X-men titles to two or three. Get rid of old Jean ASAP, she has never been an interesting character and only waters down an already mediocre slate of comics. Get rid of the O5.

Stop filtering all cosmic stories through GOTG.
    Stop using the Infinity Gems/Stones.
    Make Mini’s again to gauge interest in future ongoing titles for a character.
    Stop with renumbering.
    Stop allowing individual writers from using twitter. A few are out of control and cause damage to the Marvel name.
    Donny Cates is not Quentin Tarantino, he is not here to save Marvel. Keep him limited to two books.

What I expect
    Marvel to do exactly the opposite of what I want.
    Marvel and DC comics are no different than the food at McDonalds. It will fill you up but in the end bad for your health. Read more independent publishers. Get away from the corporate homogenous cookie cutter fast food comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    • Diversity to be re-marketed, not sidelined.
    • Good new roles, in teams or in solo books, for Kate Bishop, She-Hulk, Riri Williams, Elsa Bloodstone, Spectrum, Ms. Marvel, America Chavez, Robbie Reyes, and Jane Foster. On a smaller level, elevating (Living) Lightning, Raz, Ayo & Aneka, and Kushala
    • Runaways to keep going strong
    • Expand the Defenders-verse beyond the Netflix crew. Give Black Cat a meatier role.
    • Lessen the emphasis on the 'multiverse'; remove the duplicates (young O5, Dark Beast) and almost all of the castaways outside of FF and Doctor Strange
    • Have some good, long-running team X-Books for a change (RIP Generation X)

yes to all of this
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Marvel has not given me (when it comes to new material)what I wanted for years; I expect nothing more in 2018
    Marvel has been more generous each year when it comes to hard and soft cover trades; I fully expect the tradition to continue in 2018

BANNED

What I expect:
    -More controvery.
    -Fanbase continuing to pit each other while getting High & Mighty in regards to characters.
    -The Marvel Teen fanbase still being a bunch of Petty Children Not knowing what they want.
    -A few good series slowly winning me over.
    -Spider-man fanbase going nuclear on whoever takes over the book.

What I want:
    -Spider-man's new creative team to be a good one & hopefully the beginning of re-establishing his Marriage with MJ given what's been hinted at.
    -An actual Fantastic Four book with either Chip Zdasky or Dan Slott on the book.
    -Mathew Rosenberg to save The X-men from The years of fans wanting them to be the Brotherhood than the X-men
    -Champions to get cancelled.
    -Someone to take on Nadia Pym again but actually be adult about it rather than the annoying safe for embryos book people though was good.
    -Nova to get a book again.
    -X-men Red, Gold, & Blue to just merge into Uncanny X-men
    -Moon Knight continuing to be successful.

Champions is not cancelled, though it will be getting some changes to roster and creative team (new artist at least). In fact, it's probably Nadia's destination, as I doubt she'll still be in Avengers when it relaunches in May. Can't see her getting another solo any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ospfwildcard View Post
    What I want
    Stop with variant covers. Books should live and die by their words not how many variants can be put on the cover.
    If and when variants are done don’t place unnecessary ordering requirements on stores undercutting their profits by having more than they actually sell.
    Pare back all offerings. One spider-man, peter. Get rid of Miles. He only dilutes the title. Reduce the Avengers to ONE title. Reduce X-men titles to two or three. Get rid of old Jean ASAP, she has never been an interesting character and only waters down an already mediocre slate of comics. Get rid of the O5.

Stop filtering all cosmic stories through GOTG.
    Stop using the Infinity Gems/Stones.
    Make Mini’s again to gauge interest in future ongoing titles for a character.
    Stop with renumbering.
    Stop allowing individual writers from using twitter. A few are out of control and cause damage to the Marvel name.
    Donny Cates is not Quentin Tarantino, he is not here to save Marvel. Keep him limited to two books.

What I expect
    Marvel to do exactly the opposite of what I want.
    Miles is fine he is a success, just because YOU don't like him doesn't mean he needs to go. He is getting s animated movie coming out so he isn't going anywhere.
    As for multiple Avengers titles. I think 3 is good. Have Avengers new avengers, occupy Avengers, USA Avengers and uncanny Avengers was too much. But ok be Avenger's definitely isn't a good idea. Avengers can have the classic line up, new Avengers can have the MCU line up with the new phase, and uncanny is a good Avengers book and team..

Marvel also can't control writers and Twitter either.

Variants are fine too but I agree that stores shouldn't be forced purchase more than they can actually sell to get them. I also agree with bringing back mini's and if they are a hit making it so ongoing.

BANNED

I expect a return of the Fantastic Four and the F4 and X-men to make a return to prominence in the MU.
    Things I would like to see:
    - Hulk, Iron Man, Avengers, Spider Man, Black Panther and Thor books done in the kind of style of Waid/Samnee's Captain America.
    - Marvel to expand outside of the direct market. No one is going to know how successful a character like Moon Girl is going to be if you just market her to your average comic book store shopper.
    - A Power Pack miniseries or ongoing by Devin Grayson
    - The Runaways to have a long healthy run.
    - A long shot but... Amazing Spider-Man by Gail Simone and Nicola Scott
    - GoTG revamped with a all-star writer/artist team.

Marvel has marketed Moon Girl outside of the direct market and it’s where that character has been the most successful as fans of the direct market “hate” her and Squirrel Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Infinity Watch is already confirmed - it's one of the FCBD titles this year.

Priest you can forget about though. He's doing Deathstroke and Justice League for DC currently.

He’s also currently doing the Inhumans mini and has a story in the upcoming Black Panther annual, Priest isn’t locked into a exclusive contract and can go wherever he wants

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Marvel has marketed Moon Girl outside of the direct market and it’s where that character has been the most successful as fans of the direct market “hate” her and Squirrel Girl

He’s also currently doing the Inhumans mini and has a story in the upcoming Black Panther annual, Priest isn’t locked into a exclusive contract and can go wherever he wants
    Again, give Priest an Avengers title, (preferably one that has BP on it )