Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    Barry sure. As long as he stays away from Wally.
    What did he do to Wally?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    What did he do to Wally?
    During Lazarus Contract, on top of a slew of other nonsensical BS, some of which is related to Wally but isn't that important here, he had Wally run away from a Speed Force infused Slade and had him say that he was scared of him. He turned Wally into an incompetent coward.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    Barry sure. As long as he stays away from Wally.
    Wally isn't The Flash, so that shouldn't be an issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    Wally isn't The Flash, so that shouldn't be an issue.
    He isn't the Flash leading the Flash solo right now, but he IS The Flash.

What do you think his codename is right now?

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    During Lazarus Contract, on top of a slew of other nonsensical BS, some of which is related to Wally but isn't that important here, he had Wally run away from a Speed Force infused Slade and had him say that he was scared of him. He turned Wally into an incompetent coward.
    that's poor writing on Wally, but not that big of an issue: Slade is a considerable threat, after all.

The real issue is that pacemaker... :@
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    that's poor writing on Wally, but not that big of an issue: Slade is a considerable threat, after all.

The real issue is that pacemaker... :@
    Everything about the Lazarus contract and Wally was stupid.

Well that sounds like a disaster, I'm assuming this is OG Wally?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Well that sounds like a disaster, I'm assuming this is OG Wally?
    It was indeed. As someone else alluded to, the story also had Damian Wayne stop Wally's heart in the past, causing him to have heart problems and a pacemaker (which recently killed him. He got better.)

This is OG Wally. NuWally was actually the only character in the story acting like a hero by the end.

Fantastic Member

NuWally was actually the only character in the story acting like a hero by the end.
    I wouldn't go that far. He simply viewed Slade differently than the others because he built up a connection to him that the others didn't have. All the others would have done the same thing he did if they were in his shoes in my opinion.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Was Lazarus Contract Priest's baby, or was it the brainchild of all the writers of the Titans related books? I tend to judge writers a little differently when they're roped into crappy crossovers that interrupt the flow of their books.

Once I get around to getting the rest of the Deathstroke trades, I'm thinking of skipping that story altogether. It doesn't help that I'm not even remotely interested in the other two Titans books with the way they are now

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Was Lazarus Contract Priest's baby, or was it the brainchild of all the writers of the Titans related books? I tend to judge writers a little differently when they're roped into crappy crossovers that interrupt the flow of their books.
    What we know for sure: It was originally just going to be a Deathstroke storyline, but editorial made it into a crossover with the two Titans books. Priest alone wrote the script for the last issue where everything went to crap. When talking with Abnett, Priest said "I can't believe you're letting me do this with your characters."

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Priest mentioned over at his site that he was pushing for it for nearly a year. He also addressed some of the things people were critical of in the comments as well including that the pacemaker idea was his.

Here's a link for those interested.
    Last edited by Rend20; 01-01-2018 at 02:32 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

What we know for sure: It was originally just going to be a Deathstroke storyline, but editorial made it into a crossover with the two Titans books. Priest alone wrote the script for the last issue where everything went to crap. When talking with Abnett, Priest said "I can't believe you're letting me do this with your characters."
    Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    Priest mentioned over at his site that he was pushing for it for nearly a year. He also addressed some of the things people were critical of in the comments as well including that the pacemaker idea was his.

Here's a link for those interested.
    Thanks.

Wow, reading this I think I like Priest a lot more than I did already. That's not to say the issue may not have been good, but I like his "if you don't like it, don't read it" attitude instead of endlessly justifying his creative decisions to every fan with a complaint. He's also totally right that comics being concerned with continuity and fixing it in-universe makes everything more of a chore than a fun story*. And developing characters and changing them to keep them interesting to the adult fans who cannot let go of the hobby instead of making them kid friendly and keeping the characters available for future generations being a reason the superhero side of the industry is suffering is an interesting point. I don't necessarily agree with it completely, but think it's worth considering.

*I loved Rebirth Wonder Woman, but it may have been better if Rucka had Diana do what Priest suggest Batman do here: break the fourth wall and have her say "we fucked up, here's what we're changing back and here's what we are keeping, let's roll" instead of basing an entire arc around it. Year One and Godwatch were the highlights of that run and they just told a really good story.

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

It's time to make the DCU the PriestCU ...

Batman by Priest and Alan Davis
    Flash by Priest and Elizabeth Torque

The world wants these books.
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

Extraordinary Member

No thanks. I like Priest and all, but I'd rather have someone writing the Flash to have a respect for the original Wally West.