View Poll Results: X-Cited about the Return of Charles Xavier

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Im glad he's back!

29 30.21%
  • Meh, the grave suited him better.

33 34.38%
  • I'll wait and see how it goes before I decide.

34 35.42%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default X-cited About the Return of X (Spoilers)

If you haven't heard Professor X possibly back! And back in a huge way by taking over another X-Characters body!

Being admittedly apathetic to Fanthomex this revelation has me pretty pumped. I have always wanted to see Professor X, or X as he is now preferred to be called now, in the field with his X-Men leading the charge. I have even wanted to see him in a solo of his own shown as more of a physical character. But alas his wheelchair confinement seem to prevent this from happening for the most part.

However, now that X is in the body of fully certified assassin there is no way Marvel or the X- Office won't take advantage of this. With the X-Men having so many with strong telepathic women in the field it will be really nice to see a male fan favorite being used along side them. (Disclaimer love most of X-Telepath Girls though) I know X has had a stint where he was "working" along side the team but it was extremely short lived and set up to be so. This on the other hand seems like it will be a more permeant change for the character. At least I hope so.

Anyway, anyone else interested in the Charles finally having more of a role in the X-books outside of playing the stay at home wise and noble father/grandfather or the manipulating for your own good mentor? Anyone, else ready to see Charles the active and badass Superhero? I am sure.

Post your thoughts and ideas on the subject below.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 12-28-2017 at 01:21 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Could still be the Shadow King

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Could still be the Shadow King
    True. But I guessing I'm wondering if anyone is excited about the possibility of this being the real Charles back amongst the living.

I am. I am also secretly hoping that this development might lend itself to Charles gaining a staple weapon like Noh-Varr gauntlet gun from the Shi'ar or something. Want to see Chuck being used offensively in a story.

X-ample
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 12-28-2017 at 01:16 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

BANNED

All dead characters should stay that way.

Might make writers a bit more hesitant on killing main characters in the future.

BANNED

I'm taking a "wait and see" approach. We still don't know if he'll be a hero, an anti-hero or another villain for the X-Men. He obviously manipulated Fantomex into giving him his body (maybe for years without end, since it was the Astral Plane), so for now he seems like a person for whom the ends fully justify the means, since it looks like he wants to help the people in London. I'd like to see how A Man Named X ends first and the third act might be where we see where he truly stands.

BANNED

as long as he does not get ''killed'' of again. i think charles has died 2 times in the last 10 years.

"X-cited about the return of" Charles Xavier?

No.

I'm excited only because I'm a nostalgic old fart that thinks the X-Men core should include Xavier.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

That man needs to stay dead. This is getting ridiculous.
    Last edited by Wolverine12; 12-28-2017 at 10:13 PM. Reason: no need

His character had been so stagnant and his death was powerful. He had a good, long run - really hope this will be worth the bother.

Ultimate Member

His death wasn't powerful, it was just a way to get rid of him and put Scott firmly in charge of the X-Men, right after they'd finished demonizing Charles for his mistakes and such and then to have Scott make some of those same mistakes but get a free pass for them...

I will admit when he died I was relieved due to how terrible he was being written. Sometimes it's better to have characters off the board then to have them completely tarnished. *Glares at Beast sadly*

But again this new spin could prove to be amazing for him!

Sidenote: Does Chuck have an Appreciation thread?

to answer the question, no. Xavier outlived his role, especially when his students took up the mantle and succeeded him from Jean to Cyclops to Storm and Kitty. He doesnt bring much to the table from a narrative standpoint and I think he should remain dead

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    His death wasn't powerful, it was just a way to get rid of him and put Scott firmly in charge of the X-Men, right after they'd finished demonizing Charles for his mistakes and such and then to have Scott make some of those same mistakes but get a free pass for them...
    No it wasnt. Scott LOST control of the X-menwith that move. He was ostracized, demonized and shunned by most X-men and heroes. He had no other choice but to build a new team around his other shunned P5 members, Magik, Emma with Magneto and new students. None of the "real" X-men recognized him and he was a fugitive in hiding. Exactly how did killing Xavier work in his favor to put him in charge of the X-men? He was undisputed leader following M-Day and lost that title with AvX's conclusion

I am glad that Xavier is back.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    his death happened to demonize Scott, who ended up death 3 years later after the pointless Bendis run, not to give Scott a boost

Cyclops replaced Xavier because Xavier was depowered, not because Xavier died. Xavier later was shot in the head by Bishop, saved by Exodus, and became one of the main Characters of Carey's X-Men Legacy. he also went to space with Lorna and Alex after the Vulcan story