View Poll Results: Sunspot is the best X-man turned Avenger. Do you agree?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • I agree

21 51.22%
  • I disagree

20 48.78%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Sunspot is the best X-man turned Avenger according to an article in cbr.com

A new article from this site (CBR): https://www.cbr.com/sunspot-best-x-man-avenger-ever/ states that Sunspot is the best X-man turned Avenger.

[]center][/center]

Agree or disagree?

I don't agree with the presumption that X-men joining the Avengers is ever a good thing

Solid tie between Sunspot and Rogue. Extra points when colorists remember Bobby's black.

Xavier, Beast, Rogue, Wolverine, Storm, Havok, Quicksilver and Cannonball are all better X-Men who turned Avengers then Sunspot. Sunspot has never held a spot on an X-Men team, he was there along with over a 100 other mutants acknowledged as X-Men by Cyclops in San Francisco. Since then, most of those hundred were put back into villian or student or neutral mutant status. Sabretooth, Namor and Carol Danvers have had more illustrious careers on X-Men books then Sunspot has. So off course his loyalties aren't challenged as much as Storm or Rogue. Off course he doesn t take as much flake as Beast or Wolverine does when they find themselves on the other side of a conflict from the X-Men. His ties to the X-Men just aren't that interesting. And just evaluating him as Avengers character, making him another quippy genius trilloniare a la Ironman isn't all original. He's just doing the Stark thing while Stark was actually trying to slightly change up his character and then died.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Xavier, Beast, Rogue, Wolverine, Storm, Havok, Quicksilver and Cannonball are all better X-Men who turned Avengers then Sunspot. Sunspot has never held a spot on an X-Men team, he was there along with over a 100 other mutants acknowledged as X-Men by Cyclops in San Francisco. Since then, most of those hundred were put back into villian or student or neutral mutant status. Sabretooth, Namor and Carol Danvers have had more illustrious careers on X-Men books then Sunspot has. So off course his loyalties aren't challenged as much as Storm or Rogue. Off course he doesn t take as much flake as Beast or Wolverine does when they find themselves on the other side of a conflict from the X-Men. His ties to the X-Men just aren't that interesting. And just evaluating him as Avengers character, making him another quippy genius trilloniare a la Ironman isn't all original. He's just doing the Stark thing while Stark was actually trying to slightly change up his character and then died.
    It's about the X-Men who had the best on the Avengers, not the best X-Men to be on the Avengers. Roberto by Ewing has been faaar better than most of those, and I don't think Xavier and Storm even count. Quicksilver isn't X-Men turned Avenger because he was on Avengers first.

Pretty sure Sunspot's always been rich. And all Carol has done was getting beaten by Rogue, get absorbed, then head to spaces with Xavier. Sabretooth has had the ssme set up everytime he joined an X-team. Not saying it wasn't interesting but until Bunncanny, Victor's just been "I'm evil but I'll help until you let me near a student, then I'll gut em and run away." That's nowhere near Sunspot's role as a New Mutant, X-Force recruit, leader of the LA X-Corps, Hellfire Club Lord Imperial, New Avenger, and eventual founder of Avengers (and American) Idea Mechanics.
    Last edited by Tycon; 12-31-2017 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Pretty sure Sunspot's always been rich. And all Carol has done was getting beaten by Rogue, get absorbed, then head to spaces with Xavier. That's nowhere near Sunspot's role as a New Mutant, X-Force recruit, leader of the LA X-Corps, Hellfire Club Lord Imperial, New Avenger, and eventual founder of Avengers (and American) Idea Mechanics.
    Rich sure, Buying an island, buying a world wide organisation and upping the salary of each evil scientist in it to the piint where they have no reason left to stoop to corruption not making a dent in his wallet is a bit much. Despite what the article says, he's portrayed as richer then Tony generally is.

Again X-Men book. Sunspot has never been featured on any of them. First time Cannonball joined one, that was portrayed as the point he became real X-Men. When Jubilee left the main X-Men books for Gen X, her catchphrase was "When I was an X-Men...". Past tense. Being on Gen X definitely didn't make anyone an X-Men by itself.

So saying Sunpot is the best X-Men (other then those that haven't had Avenger stints) is very suspect to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It's about the X-Men who had the best on the Avengers, not the best X-Men to be on the Avengers. Roberto by Ewing has been faaar better than most of those, and I don't think Xavier and Storm even count. Quicksilver isn't X-Men turned Avenger because he was on Avengers first.
    Why don't Professor X and Storm, who been featured on Avenger line-ups count?

BANNED

Dude, Sunspot is my countryman. I'll always cheer for him. Seeing that one of the few good things Ewing will leave behind is the good he did to Beto's character makes me very happy. Of course I think he's the best X-Man turned Avenger, even if Rogue has a solid spot in my heart and I think she should be leading the X-Men instead of Kitty.

Why don't Professor X and Storm, who been featured on Avenger line-ups count?
    Storm was only an avenger for like a second, and Xavier not even on an actual Avengers team, just Illuminati.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I've enjoyed Rogue on an Avengers team more than Sunspot.

The best X-Man as an Avenger was, is, and shall always be Beast.

Astonishing Member

Well he did violate space and timel to a lesser extent then beast, logan, and most other avengers

Ultimate Member

I liked Beast better as an Avenger, but feel like it's been a much bigger step up for 'Berto. With the taking over of AIM, he's also made a much bigger splash as an Avenger than the Beast did (he did what, exactly? Design belt-jets for Wonder Man?).

I'm just happy that Sunspot (and Cannonball, to a lesser extent) haven't been abandoned. Now we just need to find places for Rahne and Dani to land.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    The best X-Man as an Avenger was, is, and shall always be Beast.
    This xxx.jpg

Respect the opinion of those who think differently and believe that Rogue and Sunspot had a great development and importance acting as Avengers but Beast without doubt is the best X-man turned Avenger in all times.