Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman villain: how would you fix him/her: Gundra the Valkyrie

One thing that would be interesting is that instead of taking warriors to either Valhalla or Fólkvangr, maybe instead she finds away to rebirth them to over throw the norses gods? That's why she wants Diana. That the Valkyries have been fighting many gods to rebirth them so they can follow their commands. And even time these warriors die the Valkries get stronger.

Extraordinary Member

I'd have Gundra being one of the few survivors of the Norse Pantheon after it was destroyed in Ragnarok. She cannot accept it's fate, and continues to undertake her duties as a Valkyrie, guiding great warriors into Death so they can go to Valhalla, a place which no longer exists.

Connect her to Paula Von Gunther. Maybe she's the one who summons Gudra after Ragnarok.

I reimagined Gundra as a stalker nightmare version of Wonder Woman. She has her own German Nazi version of Steve Trevor named Steffan Träger, who escapes Norse otherworlds with Gundra's help. When he realizes Gundra's nuts, he tries to escape her, but it doesn't go the way he hopes. Gundra runs and hides when Wonder Woman gets on the case. Gundra has all of Wonder Woman's demigod powers, but none of the ethic. Plus, as a Valkyrie, she's able to traverse magical realms. Everyone from the Norse pantheon is after Gundra: Odin because she's a rogue Valyrie, Hel because she believes Traeger's soul belongs to her, residents of Ljotalfheimr cause of the damage Traeger's bomber did to their land, Svartalfheimr cause they want the weapons on Traeger's bomber. etc etc

Paula would be interesting to being in. I do think that would be a good way to have Paula get her troops. All of them rebirth as nazis

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Paula would be interesting to being in. I do think that would be a good way to have Paula get her troops. All of them rebirth as nazis
    Ever played Warcraft? Maybe Gundra is their Val'kyr, and is the Nazi's source of 1. immortality, and 2. undead zombie skeletal Nazi soldiers.

It'd be cool if Wonder Woman's Nazi villains were all part of a team, like Hellboy's Nazi villains.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Ever played Warcraft? Maybe Gundra is their Val'kyr, and is the Nazi's source of 1. immortality, and 2. undead zombie skeletal Nazi soldiers.

It'd be cool if Wonder Woman's Nazi villains were all part of a team, like Hellboy's Nazi villains.
    No, I haven't played Witchcraft but that idea sounds awesome. The question is what would make Pysho actually work with Paula? Paula is a very powerful and headstrong woman in her own right. I would take it that Paula should be one of the oldest members that she and Gundra had a deal. Paula gives her warriors to turn into Nazi undead and she gives Paula immorality. Red Panzer could easily be Paula's husband or someone else who works with her.

Maybe in how Paula summons Gundra is Paula used the dark Nazi magic since the bride gods are all but lost and Gundra likes the deal Paula offers her

If you're Paula von Gunther working with Doctor Psycho, you better watch out - he'll turn on her at some point.

I wouldn't mind Paula von Gunther leading new incarnations of some of Diana's WWII Nazi foes as sociopolitical commentary on the current Neo-Nazi, white supremacy, and Odinism factions - I mean, Wonder Woman was born to comment on this. That said, I'd prefer is Doctor Psycho wasn't part of that, only because I see him as strong enough a villain to stand on his own.

IIRC the Byrne run linked Paula von Gunther and Dark Angel together, which I found kind of interesting. (I reject the stuff about Dark Angel being Donna Troy from another universe that comes later.) I could see Paula von Gunther and another woman in her cabal using an interest in the occult to forcibly empower themselves through Dark Angel and the Valkyrie respectively - kind of like how Thor used to have Donald Blake or Barbara Norriss/Valkyrie or Jane Foster is Thor today.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    If you're Paula von Gunther working with Doctor Psycho, you better watch out - he'll turn on her at some point.

I wouldn't mind Paula von Gunther leading new incarnations of some of Diana's WWII Nazi foes as sociopolitical commentary on the current Neo-Nazi, white supremacy, and Odinism factions - I mean, Wonder Woman was born to comment on this. That said, I'd prefer is Doctor Psycho wasn't part of that, only because I see him as strong enough a villain to stand on his own.

IIRC the Byrne run linked Paula von Gunther and Dark Angel together, which I found kind of interesting. (I reject the stuff about Dark Angel being Donna Troy from another universe that comes later.) I could see Paula von Gunther and another woman in her cabal using an interest in the occult to forcibly empower themselves through Dark Angel and the Valkyrie respectively - kind of like how Thor used to have Donald Blake or Barbara Norriss/Valkyrie or Jane Foster is Thor today.

How powerful should she be as Dark Angel ? How about her daughter is turned into the Gundra?

I'd give Dark Angel some demoness type powers as well as some magical abilities - powerful, but not as magically powerful as say Circe.

I'd have Gundra be channeled into Fausta Grables or Furiosa, two of Wonder Woman's Golden Age Nazi agent villains.

I'd give Dark Angel some demoness type powers as well as some magical abilities - powerful, but not as magically powerful as say Circe.

I'd have Gundra be channeled into Fausta Grables or Furiosa, two of Wonder Woman's Golden Age Nazi agent villains.
    Wait what if due to Dark Angle she was able to create Genidcode and Devastation? That she used the souls of her enemies and her died nazi soldiers to make them. Then she adds Wonder Woman's blood to make them powerful

Extraordinary Member

Personally I don't think Von Gunther should even be connected to Nazis. To me, she's the villain who showcases Wonder Woman's capacity for forgiveness and redemption. So stuff that makes redemption a harder sell, like being a nazi, should be excised

Well some people are or do feel force to be in situations that they can’t control. The Nazis took her daughter which made her become a Nazi

Proud warrior who was bested by Wonder Woman and now spends every second of her life training just to defeat her. She also becomes a bodyguard to anyone who can summon her by having a specific item.