Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I had another big reading week, although it somehow seemed a bit underwhelming after how much I could read with so many quiet days off last week.

Comics read from Mon Jan 8 through Sun Jan 14 (the 14th day of the year)

Comics Read: 103 (previous week: 190)
    Total Read in 2018: 293

At 29.3% of reading 1000 issues. (255 issues above pace for 1000 books in 2018.)
    At 14.52% of reading 2018 issues. (216 issues above pace for 2018 books in 2018.)
    If I maintain this pace, I will read 7639 issues this year.

Average Rating: 2.99 (previous rating: 2.99; difference of 0.00 )
    Average Reading Time Per Issue: 0:07:37 (previous time spent: 0:08:28; difference of -0:00:51)
    It's been almost two months since my last checkin, and I've been reading the entire time! My first goal of 1,000 books is in the rear view!

Comics read from Sun Jan 14 through Sun Mar 4 (The 63rd day of the year)

Comics Read: 760
    Total Read in 2018: 1040

At 104% of 1000 issues. ( 867 issues above pace for 1000 books in 2018.)
    At 51.54% of 2018 issues. ( 692 issues above pace for 2018 books in 2018.)
    If I maintain this pace, I will read 6025 issues this year.

Average Rating to date: 2.808

I'll spare you the big list of issues It's been a lot of catching up to present day in Marvel and DC, plus a 20-30 issue a week pull list, which I review weekly on my blog.

Now it's onward to my goal of 2018 issues this year, which at this rate I should hit around the middle of May!

Ratings distribution:
    chart (6).png

Pace:
    chart (8).png
    Last edited by krisis; 03-07-2018 at 11:29 PM.

It's been almost two months since my last checkin, and I've been reading the entire time! My first goal of 1,000 books is in the rear view!

chart (8).png
    HOLY $*&!

(Nice work!)

Comics read from Sun Jan 14 through Sun Mar 4 (The 63rd day of the year)

Comics Read: 760

At 104% of 1000 issues. ( 867 issues above pace for 1000 books in 2018.)
    At 51.54% of 2018 issues. ( 692 issues above pace for 2018 books in 2018.)
    If I maintain this pace, I will read 6025 issues this year.

Average Rating to date: 2.808

I'll spare you the big list of issues It's been a lot of catching up to present day in Marvel and DC, plus a 20-30 issue a week pull list, which I review weekly on my blog.

Now it's onward to my goal of 2018 issues this year, which at this rate I should hit around the middle of May!

Ratings distribution:
    chart (6).png

Pace:
    chart (8).png
    Don't forget to sleep

jeezus krisis Congrats

Jesus, are you retired or something? :P
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Jesus, are you retired or something? :P
    It works out to about 2-3 hours of reading a day and I don't watch TV or have a driving commute, so that's easy to do. Plus, between my website and my YouTube channel, comics are sort of my part-time job.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Mighty Member

update:

Sex Criminals HC v1-2 (20) - had to revisit the first HC, it's been ages in between volumes. Like this series for the most part, you can tell the creators have fun with it. I got a kick out of the Brubaker-esque issue in the 2nd book.

Rumble TP v2-3 (10) - Fun fantasy romp that managed to elude my interest somehow. Bought the first trade and really liked it, and v2 and 3 were good as well. I noticed the "new series" has a different artist, which is disappointing b/c i thought Harren's art really made this.

Superior Spider-Man HC v1-3 (36) - Starting my Slott ASM read through. First time reading this since the singles came out and it held up pretty well. A few minor quibbles (mostly with the resolution) but still a great run. I wished Marvel'd omni the first part of Slott's run, as it's not really collected in OHC (other than Spider Island/Ends of the Earth)

273 + 66 = 339 fty
    Last edited by awayne83; 03-10-2018 at 04:13 AM.

January: 149
    February: 108
    March:

We stand on guard deluxe (6)

Total 2018: 263

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    update:

Sex Criminals HC v1-2 (20) - had to revisit the first HC, it's been ages in between volumes. Like this series for the most part, you can tell the creators have fun with it. I got a kick out of the Brubaker-esque issue in the 2nd book.

Rumble TP v2-3 (10) - Fun fantasy romp that managed to elude my interest somehow. Bought the first trade and really liked it, and v2 and 3 were good as well. I noticed the "new series" has a different artist, which is disappointing b/c i thought Harren's art really made this.

Superior Spider-Man HC v1-3 (36) - Starting my Slott ASM read through. First time reading this since the singles came out and it held up pretty well. A few minor quibbles (mostly with the resolution) but still a great run. I wished Marvel'd omni the first part of Slott's run, as it's not really collected in OHC (other than Spider Island/Ends of the Earth)

273 + 66 = 339 fty
    Not read rumble, but the other two i have.

Sex Criminals. I'm not a huge fan of Fraction , but his series is fantastic, the art by Zdarsky is so detailed and fits the story perfectly. Really enjoying this series ... may break my purchasing moratorium and pick up vol 2.

Superior Spider-Man was the first Slott Spidey book I have ready and i enjoyed it (SpiderVerse was the second which was meh). Superior had a touch of Hickman's Fantastic Four / FF to it but just not as well thought out or epic. It was still a fun book.

latest:
    Omega men 12
    Found King hit or miss for me, this was more miss unfortunately. It just didn't click with me, I didn't give a toss about anyone in the story, the world was just a cliche cartoon sci-fi universe (yes it's DC but it's an untouched pocket of it) the themes were too obvious and "into your face" and the inconsistent art didn't serve it well either. I've expected to love this after Vision and it was just kind of okay.
    Batman & Robin omnibus 49
    Great series focusing on the Damian-Bruce relationship, unfortunately riddled with a bunch of sudden jumps because of bloody crossovers. Really irritating. Wish DC let Tomasi to tell his story uninterrupted.
    Captain Harlock interdimensional voyage v1 4
    Lots of talk about how Capt. Harlock is "DA MAN" but nothing really happens in this first volume. Most of the characters are ridiculously cartoony except for a few main ones. Not sure if I'll continue.
    Promethea 32
    Sometimes it feels more like an illustrated essay series rather than a comic book but it's still damn interesting even if some of the issues are a bit hard to get through but it always felt like Moore just wants you to work for your entertainment. I think this is his counter argument to Morrison's Invisibles, maybe a bit more easier to digest. Also Williams' art is just divine!

that's: 97
    total: 227
    Best of the batch: Promethea

My reading this year stinks. I will pick up once I'm done school next month

Invincible (71-84)
    New Teen Titans Omnibus Vol 1 (DC Comics Presents #26, New Teen Titans #1-5)
    Happy (1-4)
    Rise of the Black Panther #2-3
    Marvel Two-In-One #3
    Black Panther Annual #1
    Astonishing X-Men #8
    X-Men Red #2
    Spider-Man #238
    Doctor Strange #385
    Doctor Strange Damnation #1
    Captain America #698
    Black Panther #170
    Thanos #16-17
    Kid Lobotomy #5
    Punisher #221
    Infinity Countdown Prime #1

Total = 78
    We need better comics

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Not read rumble, but the other two i have.

Sex Criminals. I'm not a huge fan of Fraction , but his series is fantastic, the art by Zdarsky is so detailed and fits the story perfectly. Really enjoying this series ... may break my purchasing moratorium and pick up vol 2.

Superior Spider-Man was the first Slott Spidey book I have ready and i enjoyed it (SpiderVerse was the second which was meh). Superior had a touch of Hickman's Fantastic Four / FF to it but just not as well thought out or epic. It was still a fun book.
    I was pretty "meh" on Spider-verse as well. It'll be part of the next vol of ASM i read, so we'll see how it fairs on a revisit.

Fantastic Member

Tried making it through Akira. I tried. I just couldn't get into it and don't know why. Posted it for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by John Aston View Post
    Tried making it through Akira. I tried. I just couldn't get into it and don't know why. Posted it for sale.
    Really say to hear this, and worried. I have it sat there looking pretty, waiting for me to read it all :P
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Really say to hear this, and worried. I have it sat there looking pretty, waiting for me to read it all :P
    I wasn't supercrazy about it at the beginning but got into it more and more (maybe I was just burnt out of manga because of Death note) and I ended up enjoying it immensely by the end.