A fairly productive reading period and a mixed bag of books.

Digital:
I have been picking up a lot more books digitally usually books I want to try out before picking up the larger HC collection or shorter series that will never get the HC treatment.

Black Dynamite - vol 1 (6 issues): Solid series but not as good as the movie. It should have been given a little more freedom around the portrayal of nudity. It straddled the half way house of being salacious but not actually showing anything which in my book is just pointless. Overall the execution was lacking due to the script not living up to the plot. A good story that wasn't executed very well. I won't be picking up any further books.

Flintstones - Vol 1 (6 issues) This was amazing, such a well written, thoughtful book. Great art and it really lived up to the hype. I'll be picking up the next volume soon.

Hardcovers

Black Panther - Vol 1 - (12 issues): Good book but not great, the hype is a little over zealous. I can see the quality hidden in the book but it took some time to come through. Coates is a very good writer but you can see it took him some time to understand the craft of writing comics (BP and The Crew he got into it). The story was very good and I am looking forward to the next book.

Mandalay - (9 issues): Part of my huge European comics splurge a while back. Very good art (for the most part) and a very interesting story. The script could have been a bit tighter but over all an interesting read. I love the size of these books too, you can really get lost in the art work.

Superman Earth One - Vol 3 - (6 issues): Never been a fan of Superman but I am loving this series. Such great art work and well structured stories. The pacing is just fantastic and so much gets done in so few pages.

Nailbiter - Vol 1 - (10 issues): Loved it! I had read the first issue a while back and bought the ohc when it came out, but as with most of my books it sat there waiting to be read. I finally unsealed it, read it and loved it. so much so I went and bought the next volume. Great story and execution, very interesting characters and a curious conceit that is being executed very well.

Secret Warriors Omnibus - (28 + 5 issues): I love Hickman, just putting it out there, Pax Romana was mind blowing and since then he as been one of the very few comic book creators I will blind buy. Secret Warriors doesn't hit the peaks of FF/F4 and his Avengers work but it is still a dense and complex
book. The only thing that lets it down is the constant art changes. I do wonder what could have been had it been given then full 60 issues it was originally scheduled for.

This week: 82
Total: 385