Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

I don't count novels as part of my comics I should clarify, I just include them as a separate thing to keep track :P
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I don't count novels as part of my comics I should clarify, I just include them as a separate thing to keep track :P
    I know I know and even if you do, whatever It's not like a proper competition, it's just for fun.
    But I don't know why I got painted as some cruel overlord

Comics are serious Balakin
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Spectacular Member

2018 Week 25

Legion Worlds (234 pages, 11 issues)
    Excalibur Epic Collection 2 The Cross-time Caper (19 issues)

Total for the week: 30
    Total for the year: 853

I am way off target at this point for comics, although I'm on target for novels at least... However, I will be reading considerably more over the next few months, so I expect that situation to be rectified in due course

Comics - 372
    January: 94
    February: 75
    March: 46
    April: 40
    May: 67
    June: 50

Books - 14
    January: 4
    February: 2
    March: 1
    April: 2
    May: 3
    June: 2

This Month
    Comics - 50
    Turf
    GJ Green Lantern Omnibus Vol 1

Books - 2
    On Immunity: An Inoculation
    The Magician's Apprentice

Spectacular Member

I might have to start over. I’ve lost count.

Fraction’s Hawkeye, first five. Five.

Spectacular Member

June

BPRD Plague of Frogs 2-3: (33 issues)
    Hellboy LE 5: (15 issues)
    BPRD Plague of Frogs 4: (16 issues)
    BPRD 1946 - 1948: (16 issues)
    Hellboy LE 6: (14 issues)
    BPRD Hell on Earth 1-2: (32 issues)
    Hellboy in Hell LE: (11 issues) I've flown through 20 years of Hellboy comics and loved it. Feel like I'll have to go back and reread them at a slower pace at some point, just to really appreciate them fully.
    Wrath of the Eternal Warrior: (15 issues) A great read recommended by someone here.
    Runaways omnibus: (43 issues) This was the fastest I've ever read an omnibus, couldn't put it down.
    Infinite Crisis: (48 issues) First time reading it and I'm very happy with my purchase (although I didn't really care for the cosmic war subplot).

Total for month: 243 issues
    Total so far: 1039 issues

This year is my first time keeping track of my reading, I had no idea I read this much!
    Last edited by MagpieMad; 06-30-2018 at 12:32 PM.

Wrapping up June:

133. Port of Earth 1
    134. Port of Earth 2- I'm liking the concept, but I'm hoping to see some character development soon.
    135. Thor 2
    136. Amazing Spiderman 801- Nice way for Slott to go out. And that Marcos Martin art... wow!
    137. Saga 47
    138. Saga 48
    139. Saga 49
    140. Saga 50
    141 Saga 51
    142. Saga 52 - I have #53 sitting in the stack for tomorrow and the way things are have been building I think I'm going to need a box of tissues.
    143. Infamous Ironman 6
    144. Infamous ironman 7
    145. Infamous Ironman 8- Post-Secret Wars Doom has been the most interresting idea that came out of that megastory. Such a shame that marvel never took advantage of the fresh start that Hickman left them with Secret Wars.

146. Avengers Vol 1 64- A cool Silver Age book I picked up at my LCS. I've read bunch of Silver Age Avengers, but never got around to this one. Sometimes I miss the days when the Avengers didn't know each other's secret identities.

Well, that's 146 down and only 854 to go!

Mighty Member

update:

Batman (Rebirth) HC v2 (18) - Most of King's Batman up through "I am Bane" was pretty lukewarm for me. But really everything starting from "the Button" onwards was great imo. I especially enjoyed the War of Jokes and Riddles. Also if you're not taking advantage of DC's pricing on these collections, you should be. This volume was almost 450 pages, for $35. V1 and AC v2 were also around 400 pages a piece for the same price.

Flash (Rebirth) HC v2 (14) - I enjoyed this more than the first collection, but i expected to, as it featured a return of the Rogues and Reverse Flash prominently.

Superman (Rebirth) HC v2 (14) - Wasn't as good as the first imo. Some of the "answers" we got were kind of disappointing

Wrath of the Eternal Warrior HC (15) - Some nice insight on one of my favorite Valiant characters. We got to explore more of Gilad's past while learning a bit about what happens when he dies.

Jack of Fables HC v1 (16) - Heard this wasn't up to the level of Fables, but I've enjoyed it thus far. Jack is insufferable as a lead, but that's the point i believe.

839 + 77 = 916 fty
    Last edited by awayne83; 06-30-2018 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMad View Post
    June

Hellboy in Hell LE: (11 issues) I've flown through 20 years of Hellboy comics and loved it. Feel like I'll have to go back and reread them at a slower pace at some point, just to really appreciate them fully.

Runaways omnibus: (43 issues) This was the fastest I've ever read an omnibus, couldn't put it down.

I know what you mean about the Hellboy books, I only got into them when the Library Editions came out and I ripped through them. They really do need a longer, concerted re-read.

Runaways is amazing, I may have to pull out my old OHC's and give them another read.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    update:

Batman (Rebirth) HC v2 (18) - Most of King's Batman up through "I am Bane" was pretty lukewarm for me. But really everything starting from "the Button" onwards was great imo. I especially enjoyed the War of Jokes and Riddles. Also if you're not taking advantage of DC's pricing on these collections, you should be. This volume was almost 450 pages, for $35. V1 and AC v2 were also around 400 pages a piece for the same price.

Flash (Rebirth) HC v2 (14) - I enjoyed this more than the first collection, but i expected to, as it featured a return of the Rogues and Reverse Flash prominently.

Superman (Rebirth) HC v2 (14) - Wasn't as good as the first imo. Some of the "answers" we got were kind of disappointing

Wrath of the Eternal Warrior HC (15) - Some nice insight on one of my favorite Valiant characters. We got to explore more of Gilad's past while learning a bit about what happens when he dies.

Jack of Fables HC v1 (16) - Heard this wasn't up to the level of Fables, but I've enjoyed it thus far. Jack is insufferable as a lead, but that's the point i believe.

839 + 77 = 916 fty
    Has DC collected the Snyder Batman run in these hardcover editions? I really want to read that run but I don't like tradpaper backs.

Another "weeks" worth of reading to update you all on!

A mixed bunch this time, digital, trades and larger collections. I wasn't sure what I was in the mood for so ended up with a random selection of thigns:

Digital

D4VEOCRACY 4 issues: The last / latest in the D4VE books and it was much better than the second volume. Still not as strong as the first, they really did catch lightning in a bottle with that one. Light, fun and pointed, the entire run has been very well written with great art and I would recommend it. Especially if you can pick it up on the cheap in a comixology sale as I did.

Black Panther and The Crew - 6 issues Bit of a misnomer calling it Black Panther and The Crew as it really was a Misty Knight and Storm book. Overall it was a very solid read and it was a shame the series only lasted 6 issues as I think the idea had legs, The Crew was set up in thsi arc and could have had a long life together. The artwork was great, though it could have been a bit darker, grittier. I'd pick it up even as a stand alone.

Invisible Republic Vol 1 - 5 issues What a book! I love Sci fi and I love politics, this book combines them so well. It has characters you care for, are interested in. A word that is intriguing, layered and needs further exploring. All wrapped up in some great art work. I hope the book gets a nice HC treatment soon. Highly recommended.

Hardcovers

S.H.I.E.L.D. 6 issues I can't remember how much of this I had read before, I used to buy the first couple of issues of a series in single form and then if I liked it wait for the trade. But they became very expensive and wasteful. But I'm sure I had read the first issue at some point. Overall the book was great, I am a huge Hickman fan. Pax Romana was the first book I had read and was hooked from that point. This is a great read, deep and with beautiful art, can't wait for the next one.

The Twelve: 12 issues It was interesting, not the great hyped book I was expecting but still a decent book. JMS is a very good writer, not great, but he does make it enjoyable. The art was well suited to the story and tone but overall I think the book lacked depth. If you are JMS fan pick it up if not I wouldn't bother.

Sex Criminal Vol 2 - 10 issues I'm not a huge Fraction fan but I have been loving this series. The second book was a lot slower than the first and it did seem to tread water a little. I hope it doesn't go the Chew route of padding out the series with new iterations of the main conceit and not carry on the main story. Chip is an amazing artist and I don't think anyone else could do the book justice. Really worth picking up and I hope they pick up the pace a little in the third.

Joe Golem Occult Detective - 6 issues Picked this up on a whim and I am really glad that I did. Great world, great stories and such amazing art. The pacing, the characterisation, the slow seeding of the back story and lore is just fantastic. I can't wait to pick up more of these books. Highly recommended.

Superior Foes of Spider-Man - 18 issues So this is a book that has been on my radar for a long time and I finally got around to buying and reading it. It was good, not great. It was a light read but I just didn't care about anyone in the book. It was a bit of a slog to get through and I really didn't like the art. Not one for me.

This week: 67
    Total: 303

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Has DC collected the Snyder Batman run in these hardcover editions? I really want to read that run but I don't like tradpaper backs.
    None as of yet. Can't be far off from an Omni or two one would think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post

Sex Criminal Vol 2 - 10 issues I'm not a huge Fraction fan but I have been loving this series. The second book was a lot slower than the first and it did seem to tread water a little. I hope it doesn't go the Chew route of padding out the series with new iterations of the main conceit and not carry on the main story. Chip is an amazing artist and I don't think anyone else could do the book justice. Really worth picking up and I hope they pick up the pace a little in the third.
    You summed up my thoughts on Chew perfectly. I absolutely loved the series initially and while I always thought it had a lot of charm and style, it did get to a point where it felt it lost its steam and got a bit repetitious. It’s a shame too because the ending kinda let me down in the end. I still love it, but I almost wish it was condensed to 40-something issues.

Nice to hear your thoughts on Sex Criminals. When I first heard the concept (like Chew), I loved it. Will definitely try it at some point, probably when it wraps up. Hopefully that 3rd hardcover arrives sooner rather than later.

Been stuck in a hotel waiting to move overseas so I've done a lot of reading the past week.

June reading:

Saga 50-52
    Outcast 34-35
    Robyn Hood The Curse 3-5
    East of West 36-37
    Elsewhere 4-7 (4 issues)
    Hack/Slash Resurrection 1-6
    The Fix 11
    Port of Earth 4
    Kill or be Killed 16-18
    Sex Criminals 23-24
    Moonshine 7
    Mera Queen of Atlantis 1
    Jean Grey Vol 2 (5 issues)
    Black Science 35-36
    Paper Girls 21
    Oblivion Song 1
    Gideon Falls 1-2
    X-MEN Gold 23-27 (5 issues)
    Lola XOXO Vol 2 1-6
    The Wicked + The Divine 36
    Deadly Class 34
    Aspen Universe Revelations 1-5
    Southern Bastards 20
    Lazarus 27
    Van Helsing vs The Mummy of Amon-Ra 2-6 (5 issues)
    Southern Cross 12-13
    Soulfire Vol 6 1-3
    X-MEN The Wedding Special
    Jirni Vol 1 (5 issues)
    Jirni Vol 2 (5 issues)
    Cyber Force Vol 5 1-2
    Rose 8-10
    Descender 28
    God Complex 5
    Mavrix 1
    Dangerous Curves 1

90 books for a total of 427.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children