Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

2018 Week 10

Incredible Hulk Epic Collection 21 Fall of the Pantheon (20 issues)
    Sillage Integrale 6 (6 issues)

Total for the week: 26
    Total for the year: 400

Spectacular Member

Hmmm I haven't read comics in years! Started reading and buying some again this year, but I think illl pale in comparison to you fellas.

Astonishing Member

Black Panther (Vol:6)#1-6.(Six Issues)
    Marvel Team Up#59-70.(Eleven issues)
    Luke Cage,Hero for Hire (Vol:1)#1,2.(Two Issues)

Black Panther by Coates and Stelfreeze was so so,did not liked the story that much but the art was great.
    Marvel Team Up by Clameront and Byrne is great,i had read some of these stories before but never collected in a TPB before.It´s impressive with how those stories had so little focus on Peter Parker,many of those stories are just about Spider-Man.A very under rated run of Spider-Man stories i think.
    And Luke Cage,Hero for hire i went to re-read again due watching the Luke Cage television show,and still think that it started really well.And despite Luke Cage in he television show just making a small reference to the classic costume (With the Tiara and Yellow shirt ) i still think it was a great costume to Luke Cage.

Total for 2018:139.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    What do you think of Crosswind? I've enjoyed it even more than I expected and was really sad to reach the end of the arc. Also, have you listened to the title song for it? It is genuinely quite nice
    I rather enjoyed it. I would like to see more of the characters adjusting to their new lives. No, I haven't checked out the song, but I will.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I wasn't supercrazy about it at the beginning but got into it more and more (maybe I was just burnt out of manga because of Death note) and I ended up enjoying it immensely by the end.
    Whelp. I was going to slog through it after posting it on ebay but it sold in a day and it's shipped. Oh well. I'm in the midst of Letter 44. I really enjoy the suspense of the first volume. I'm enjoying the other volumes but differently.
    Last edited by John Aston; 03-15-2018 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayne Japal View Post
    I rather enjoyed it. I would like to see more of the characters adjusting to their new lives. No, I haven't checked out the song, but I will.
    I suspect that we will see that in the future, since the initial 'story' is basically done.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    latest:

Promethea 32
    Sometimes it feels more like an illustrated essay series rather than a comic book but it's still damn interesting even if some of the issues are a bit hard to get through but it always felt like Moore just wants you to work for your entertainment. I think this is his counter argument to Morrison's Invisibles, maybe a bit more easier to digest. Also Williams' art is just divine!

that's: 97
    total: 227
    Best of the batch: Promethea
    I'm still waiting for the widescreen edition... hopefully one day.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    I was pretty "meh" on Spider-verse as well. It'll be part of the next vol of ASM i read, so we'll see how it fairs on a revisit.
    Did you read it as single issues before?

Mighty Member

^No i had stopped single issues just before, but i bought the HC when it came out a couple years back. I think my biggest issue was i just haven't ever cared for Morlun as an antagonist. I think I'll just stick with main issues this time around and not bother with the tie ins
    Last edited by awayne83; 03-15-2018 at 04:46 PM.

Ah okay. I quite liked morlun and the whole JMS Totem thing, but the story and Superior Spiderman just seemed like Hickman lite.

Fantastic Member

I've been slowly reading Uncanny X-Men from Giant Size until current. Started in 2016(?) and flew through the three omnis to the tail end of the Australian issues. The end of Claremont was a slog but nothing near the slog of these lobdell issues. I just read 324. The next person who maligns Chuck Austen, I'm going to give them a wedgie. An atomic wedgie. Door knob and all.

Birthright was was fun until the end of volume 3. It lost me in volumes 4 and 5.

In the air as what to read next. In the meantime, I'll wrap up UXM 321 to 330.
    Last edited by John Aston; 03-18-2018 at 12:38 PM.

Mighty Member

update:

Grass Kings HC (6) - Didn't care for this the first couple issues, but it did improve somewhat as it went along. I just don't think I'm a big fan of Kindt. I mean, Mind Mgmt was pretty solid, but I've been pretty meh on the other stuff of his I've sampled.

4 Kids Walk Into a Bank TP (5) - This was really good imo. I've been pretty vocal over the years about disliking minis. In this medium, in the modern age, they just usually end up feeling empty. It's hard to get any depth with a lot of the decompression that gets used. In 5 issues, Rosenberg manages to avoid that and give this story some meat (albeit with a higher page count).

Amazing Spider-Man (vol. 3) HC v1 (12) - I hated the idea of Silk when Original Sins came out. That was a HUGE part of the mythos they were screwing with. But over time I've really come to enjoy her character, and when i didn't approach these issues with the same ire, they weren't all that bad. The point one issues gave us a decent peek at early years Peter with a twist, althought the 60's trappings modernized with internet, cell phones and laptops was amusing. *Side Rant: the annual was garbage, and brought nothing to the "current" issues of ASM. I hate annuals anyways, but if there is no real story to tell, just don't put them out Marvel

339 + 23 = 362 fty

Astonishing Member

Luke Cage,Hero For Hire/Power Man#3 to 25.(23 issues)
    Amazing Spider-Man(Vol.4)#25 to 28. The 25th issue is over 90 pages.(7 issues)
    Guardians of the Galaxy#146 to 150.(5 issues)
    Special Marvel Edition/The Hands of Shang-Chi,Master of Kung Fu#15-18.(3 issues)

Total for 2018:177.

Spectacular Member

2018 Week 11

Master of Kung Fu Omnibus 4 (32 issues)
    Asterix 33 (2 issues)
    Superlopez Vol 16 (6 issues)

Total for the week: 40
    Total for the year: 440

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    update:

Grass Kings HC (6) - Didn't care for this the first couple issues, but it did improve somewhat as it went along. I just don't think I'm a big fan of Kindt. I mean, Mind Mgmt was pretty solid, but I've been pretty meh on the other stuff of his I've sampled.

4 Kids Walk Into a Bank TP (5) - This was really good imo. I've been pretty vocal over the years about disliking minis. In this medium, in the modern age, they just usually end up feeling empty. It's hard to get any depth with a lot of the decompression that gets used. In 5 issues, Rosenberg manages to avoid that and give this story some meat (albeit with a higher page count).

Amazing Spider-Man (vol. 3) HC v1 (12) - I hated the idea of Silk when Original Sins came out. That was a HUGE part of the mythos they were screwing with. But over time I've really come to enjoy her character, and when i didn't approach these issues with the same ire, they weren't all that bad. The point one issues gave us a decent peek at early years Peter with a twist, althought the 60's trappings modernized with internet, cell phones and laptops was amusing. *Side Rant: the annual was garbage, and brought nothing to the "current" issues of ASM. I hate annuals anyways, but if there is no real story to tell, just don't put them out Marvel

339 + 23 = 362 fty

You're doing it again, you'ere taking my books and reading them before I can... and then writing down my thoughts. :/

Mind Management was fantastic but Department H, Sweet Tooth, Rai. All meh.

4 Kids walk into a bank... another book in my ever increasing pile.