Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mighty Member

UPDATE:

Amazing Spider-Man: Red Goblin HC (10) - Thought Slott wrapped up his long tenure on SM well enough, though i found the Red Goblin to be a bit gimmicky. His last issue was a nice love letter to the character, and whether you loved or hated his run, you could always see his affinity for the characters. Will this gap between collections ever be collected is what i want to know.

Fables HC v12 (13) - Another solid collection of Fables lore.

Batman: White Knight TP (8) - A for art, C for story. The hype around this has been unreal, and mostly unwarranted imo. Let me just say, I've been a big fan of SGM for a while now, but idk what DC has been feeding him. He seemingly had himself declared the next Miller before an issue was even released, without the resume. It just didn't sit well with me, and tbf, maybe I went into this with the wrong mindset because of that. Either way, it fell flat for me, even more so when compared to some of the more excellent works I've read recently.

Kill Shakespeare HC (12) - Coming from someone who knows very little about the world of Shakespeare, this was a fun read. I'd liken this to LOEG, but within the confines of the "Shakespeare Universe". The "backstage" edition i bought was a handsome hc with a shakespearean-era design, and included annotations at the end of each chapter explaining all the easter eggs and whatnot, but it really wasn't necessary to enjoy the story.

Royal City TP v3 (4) - Another Lemire work that tugs at the heart strings. Thought it ended well, although it probably would read better altogether.

Redneck TP v2 (6) - This was much improved over the first volume, which itself was pretty solid. Still not ready to jump on the Cates bandwagon, although this series has won me over.

BPRD: Hell on Earth HC v3 (15) - God I love the BPRD. Non-stop and always compelling.

Gideon Falls TP v1 (6) - Completely different than anything i've read from Lemire before. A strange collection, with more questions than answers, but interesting to say the least.

Death or Glory TP v1 (5) - Remender's newest series. I really enjoy Bengal's manga-inspired artwork. The story is fast paced as the title implies, and Remender has chosen to include plenty of shock-value and social commentary to the mix. Not as much as in say Tokyo Ghost, for example, but if you're trying to avoid that stuff in your reading maybe give this one a pass

*edit: My Heroes Have Always Been Junkies HC (3) - Can be viewed on its own or in the broader scope of the Criminal universe. Either way a decent read.

1214 + 82 = 1296 fty
    Last edited by awayne83; 11-03-2018 at 12:02 AM.