Thor #1
    Tony Stark: Ironman #1
    Unholy Grail #1-5
    Vagrant Queen #1
    The Weather Man #1
    Witchblade #1-6

Total = 560

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    None as of yet. Can't be far off from an Omni or two one would think.
    Fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhamJamie View Post
    You summed up my thoughts on Chew perfectly. I absolutely loved the series initially and while I always thought it had a lot of charm and style, it did get to a point where it felt it lost its steam and got a bit repetitious. It’s a shame too because the ending kinda let me down in the end. I still love it, but I almost wish it was condensed to 40-something issues.

Nice to hear your thoughts on Sex Criminals. When I first heard the concept (like Chew), I loved it. Will definitely try it at some point, probably when it wraps up. Hopefully that 3rd hardcover arrives sooner rather than later.
    Yeah Chew could easily have been a very good 30 odd issue series and still held its unique charm.

Sex Criminals is really worth a read, especially with Chip's art bringing it to life. So much detail.

June update:

All Star Superman TPB (12)

- This was pretty good. I went in expecting to absolutely love it, and while I don’t know if I can say I did, I definitely throughly enjoyed it. It’s not my definitive Superman story, but that’s not to say that it isn’t good. The characterisations of everybody are perfect. Morrison’s exploration of the Luthor/Superman dynamic is spot-on, and his Superman is the embodiment of everything I love about the character. That’s arguably the book’s strongest point, it’s portrayal of Superman as an incorruptible ideal, as a symbol of good, an undying message that prevails until the end of time. Quietly’s art is gorgeous and really aids the storytelling. Overall, there are specific moments and issues I adored, but it got a bit too weird for me at times. That said, the concepts are pretty fun and are all explored nicely.

Chew: The Omnivore Edition Books 2-6 OHC (55)

- Chew! I really do love Chew. It had style, it had flair, and it was a lot of fun. The world created through the wacky concepts and the impeccable art was such a joy to read through. It did get to a point where it started getting a little stale and repetitive, and while I feel the ending was rushed and didn’t quite deliver, I had a blast reading this series. Fun characters, fun concepts, fantastic art. Really solid series. Definitely planning on picking up some more Image works, it was cool seeing what a comic could be when not confined to the big two and superheroes.

The Vison by King OHC (12)

- An absolutely fantastic read from Tom King, someone who’s yet to let me down. This had a lot of style, but also a lot of substance. It’s hard to say anything that hasn’t already been said, this is just a great read. It’s nice and self-contained with fabulous art. The whole “what it means to be human” idea may be a familiar one, but I loved what King did with it. Very, very good book, definitely one of the best things I’ve read so far.

Thanos by Jeff Lemire Vols. 1-2 TPB (12)

- Amazing series. The story gripped me from the get go, and there’s something so satisfying about seeing Thanos tear through everybody he meets. The Thane/Thanos conflict was really engaging, and the theme of power was a strong one. Great art throughout and the story never let up. One of my favourites, definitely keen to try some more Lemire works.

Batman New 52 by Snyder Vols. 4-5 TPB (12)

- I’m just not feeling Snyder’s Batman. Zero Year was an absolute drag for me. I found it dull, uninspired and unnecessary. Capullo is a perfect fit for the book and I love his work, but I don’t think I’m a fan of Snyder as a writer. All of his stories have solid concepts and I seem to keep reading his stuff, but none of it has impressed me. It all falls flat. I think I’ll push through to Endgame, but I don’t know if I’ll finish it off.

Doomsday Clock #5 (1)

- Surprisingly solid issue. I’ve lost a bit of enthusiasm for the series with the delays completely taking the wind out of it, but I found myself really enjoying this issue. The story seems to be picking up a bit, and I’m feeling quite excited for the coming issues. The art as always is great, and everything seems to be going in the right direction.

Venom #1 (1)

- This was okay. Fantastic art by Stegman and the story seems to be heading in some interesting directions, but I just didn’t feel too invested overall.

DC Nation #0 (1)

- Fun little issue. Enjoyed the Batman story, didn’t really care for the Superman story and thought the Justice League story was alright. Considering this was a FCBD special, I’d say it was fantastic value. I’m hoping DC puts all these series out in oversized hardcovers as I am keen to continue all three.

Avengers/Captain America FCBD Special #1 (1)

- Similar to DC Nation, I liked it, but it wasn’t anything too special. Still excited to read these when the trades drop.

Amazing Spider-Man FCBD Special #1 (1)

- Just like the Avengers/Cap issue, fine. I do like Ottley’s art for Spidey, but I feel Spencer’s Spidey might just be too quippy. Not necessarily a bad thing, but a lot of the quips fell flat from me. Will wait for the inevitable hardcover,

Monthly Total: 96 books
    Yearly Total: 357 books

Amazing Member

Oh this seems fun, I only recently got back into comic books like 3 or so months ago now, but I can list what I've read since then and see how it goes, don't know if I will be hitting 1000 though. Maybe if I count all the One Piece I've been reading >_<

Jack Kirby Fourth World (62) - For being the very first comics I've read since having not read anything since the mid 90s, I enjoyed the hell out of this and the really imaginative art. New Gods were the best sections easily, though I also enjoyed a good amount of Mister Miracle as well.

Crisis On Infinite Earths (12)
    - Whew this book was packed. Seemed like every page was packed with panels all over the place. I feel like I didn't know more than 70-80% of the characters, and damn this story is nuts.

Punisher Max Omnibus Vol 1 (34)
    Saga Book 1 (16)
    Saga Book 2 (16)
    Absolute Y the Last Man Vol 1 (20)
    Absolute Sandman Vol 1 (20)
    Deadly Class (16)
    Batman the Long Hollaween (13)

Total so Far 2018- 209

Currently working on Green Lantern omnibus Vol 1 by Geoff Johns. I still need to figure out what I've read on Marvel Unlimited, it's not a huge crazy amount, but I read all of Infinity Gauntlet along with tie ins, so I think that's another 40-50 or so. Don't think I will be counting the manga as that would probably shoot my total up by 300 lmao. Gonna be fun to see if I can get to the end or not before the end of the year. Gonna be a bit busy the next week and half or so, so hopefully I can still get some good reading time in. Will add more impressions later when I have time

Quote Originally Posted by HuggyBear View Post
    Oh this seems fun, I only recently got back into comic books like 3 or so months ago now, but I can list what I've read since then and see how it goes, don't know if I will be hitting 1000 though. Maybe if I count all the One Piece I've been reading >_<

Don't think I will be counting the manga as that would probably shoot my total up by 300 lmao. Gonna be fun to see if I can get to the end or not before the end of the year. Gonna be a bit busy the next week and half or so, so hopefully I can still get some good reading time in. Will add more impressions later when I have time
    welcome back to the hobby! I think you should count manga, we just discussed this recently, anything counts that's comics regardless of where it came from. And we don't have strict rules, if a 180pg manga trade feels like 4 issues count it as 4 is it felt like reading 6 issues of an average american comic book than feel free to count it as 6.

Generally I go for 22 pages = 1 issue, on Balakin's advice I think. However, I think for SA in particular, I would consider adding an issue or two at the end as they are a longer read in general.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Thor #171–172. 2 issues
    Iron-man #17-22. 6 issues
    Captain Marvel #18-19. 2 issues
    Avengers #69-76. 8 issues
    Amazing Spider-Man #78-82. 5 issues
    Silver surfer #10-12. 2 issues
    Fantastic Four #94. 1 issue
    Captain America #121-124. 4 issues
    Dr. strange #180-183. 4 issues
    Sub-Mariner #22. 1 issue
    Incredible Hulk #125-126. 2 issues

Avengers season 1. 5 issues

Captain America #313. 1 issue

Usagi yojimbo vol. 1. Page 144 pages. 6 issues

IDW TMNT #1-6. 6 issues
    IDW micro 1-3. 3 issues

Not brand echh (2017) #14. 1 issue
    Not brand echh (1967) #4. 1 issue

New total: 272

I've been taking my sweet time this year. Most of those 270 are Marvel Silver age which takes me a lot longer to read.

My favorite of the Marvel stuff this time around is the Iron-Man issues. These are the first issues of Madame Masque and some other pretty heavy stuff happens.

I love a lot of comedy in my books so i thought i'd try a couple Not Brand Echh issues. These were ok. I'm not rushing to read any more.

I was going to restart IDW's TMNT because i've been wanting to reread everything. I ended up reading Vol. 1 of Usagi first. I was worried Usagi wouldn't hold up to a third reread, but i love it just as much.

Eventually i started TMNT. That is pretty good too, but i don't think i like it quite as much my second read through. I don't plan on selling the trades though and i'll keep going with my reread. Maybe I'll like the later issues just as much.

Avengers Season One was very 'meh.' Not bad but i can't recommend it. I only read the whole trade because i was stuck somewhere with nothing else to read.
    Last edited by Mormegil; 07-02-2018 at 12:52 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    welcome back to the hobby! I think you should count manga, we just discussed this recently, anything counts that's comics regardless of where it came from. And we don't have strict rules, if a 180pg manga trade feels like 4 issues count it as 4 is it felt like reading 6 issues of an average american comic book than feel free to count it as 6.
    You know, that sounds pretty good to me. I can probably read about 2 to 2 and half manga chapters in the same amount of time it takes me to read 1 chapter of comics, and each one piece book being around 8-10 chapters would put each of my One Piece manga trades in that 4 issue count. Will update later (probably once I finish Green lantern and add that)

June update:

The Vison by King OHC (12)

- An absolutely fantastic read from Tom King, someone who’s yet to let me down. This had a lot of style, but also a lot of substance. It’s hard to say anything that hasn’t already been said, this is just a great read. It’s nice and self-contained with fabulous art. The whole “what it means to be human” idea may be a familiar one, but I loved what King did with it. Very, very good book, definitely one of the best things I’ve read so far.
    I have heard so many good things about this book I may just pick up the collected edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    I have heard so many good things about this book I may just pick up the collected edition.
    Well worth it, in my opinion. The director's cut hardcover is the best way to read it as well, almost half of the whole book is extras like scripts, pitches and concept art.

Spectacular Member

2018 Week 26

Tomb of Dracula: Day of Blood! Night of Redemption! (8 issues)
    Iron Man Epic Collection 15 Doom (21 issues)

Total for the week: 29
    Total for the year: 882

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Well Life has completely blown up in my face and im therefore completely, totally and utterly behind in comparison to last year. . that said i have surprised myself with this number as i thought it would be much less.

The Flash (Vol. 5) (2016) # 43 (1 issue)
    The Silencer (2018) #3 - 4 (2 issues)
    Batgirl and The Birds of Prey (2016) #s 14 – 17 (4 issues)
    Green Lantern Earth One Vol 1 (2018) (6 issues)
    Exiles (Vol. 3) (2018) #s 1 – 2 (2 issues)
    Action Comics # 1000 (4 issues)
    X-Men Red # 3 (1 issue)
    DC Nation # 0
    Action Comics Special # 1 (2 issues)
    Avengers #s 675 – 690 (16 issues)
    Hunt for Wolverine # 1 (2 issues)
    Avengers (Vol. 7) (2018) # 1 – 3 (3 issues)
    Hunt For Wolverine – Weapon Lost # 1- 2 (2 issues)
    Death or Glory # 1
    Damage # 4
    Domino (2018) #s 1
    Green Arrow (Vol. 7) (2016) #s 39 – 40 (2 issues)
    FBCD Amazing Spider-man and Guradrians of the Galaxy , Captain America and Avengers (4 issues)
    Justice League : No Justice # 1-4 (4 issues)
    Justice League (Vol. 4) (2018) # 1 – 2 (2 issues)
    Superman (Vol. 4) (2016) #s 40 – 45 and Superman Special # 1 (8 issues)
    Doomsday clock # 5
    Green Arrow annual # 2 (2issues)
    Superman/Batman (2003) #s 1 – 26 (26 issues)
    X-Men Blue Annual # 1 X-Men Blue # 21 – 22 (4 issues)
    X-Men Blue #s 23 – 28 (6 issues)
    Hawkman Vol. 5 (2018) # 1 (read twice )(2 Issues)
    Plastic Man Vol. 5 (2018) # 1
    Deadpool Vol. 6 (2018) # 1
    Thor Vol 5 (2018) # 1 – 2 (2 issues)
    Tony Stark Iron Man (2018) # 1
    Hunt For Wolverine – Admantium Agenda (2018) # 1
    The Immortal Hulk (2018) # 1
    Venomized (2018) # 1 – 5 (5 issues)
    Venom 162 – 163 (2 issues)
    Sentry (Vol. 3) (2018) # 1
    Teen Titans (Vol. 6) (2016) #s 16 – 19 and Teen Titans Sepcial (2018) # 1 (6 issues)
    Titans (Vol. 3) #s 20 – 22 & Teen Titans Annual 2 & Teen Titans Special (2018) # 1 (7 issues)

Total issues this time : 138

Total issues for so far this year : 449
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Well worth it, in my opinion. The director's cut hardcover is the best way to read it as well, almost half of the whole book is extras like scripts, pitches and concept art.
    Just add that to my list!

A

January: 149
    February: 108
    March: 69
    April: 111
    May/June: 179
    July:

JSA omnibus 2 (55)

Total 2018: 671