Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 556
  1. #136
    Mighty Member Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,578

    Default

    Totals for 2018
    • Comics - 169
    • Books - 6




    February's reading

    Comics - 75
    IDW Transformers P1 Volume 8
    Irmina
    DEMO
    Tabatha
    Ice Cream Man #1
    MMPR #23
    GGPR #6
    The Body #1
    Octopussy
    For Your Eyes Only #1
    For Your Eyes Only #2
    Shattered Helix #1
    Shattered Helix #2
    Silent Armageddon #1
    Silent Armageddon #2
    Permission to Die #1
    Permission to Die #2
    Permission to Die #3
    Light of My Death
    Who is 'X'?



    Books - 2
    Sherlock Holmes: A Study in Scarlet
    Sherlock Holmes: The Sign of the Four[/QUOTE]

  2. #137
    Fantastic Member Tayne Japal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    409

    Default

    February reading:

    The Fix 10
    Generations: Phoenix and Jean Grey
    Harrow County 17-20 (4 issues)
    Lazarus X+66 #3
    Witchblade 1-2
    Outcast 32
    The Wicked + the Divine 33
    Kill or be Killed 10-13 (4 issues)
    The Realm 1-2
    Generations Wolverine and All New Wolverine
    Port of Earth 1
    Redneck 5-7
    Astonishing X-Men 1-4
    Crosswind 6
    Descender 26
    East of West 35
    Black Magick 7-9
    Elephantmen 78

    33 issues for a total of 131.
    image Birthright, Black Magick, Black Monday Murders, Black Science, Copperhead, Cyber Force, Deadly Class, Death or Glory, East of West, Eclipse, The Fix, Gideon Falls, Hack/Slash Resurrection, Lazarus, Low, Monstress, Oblivion Song, Outcast, Paper Girls, Redneck, Regression, Rose, Saga, Seven to Eternity, Southern Bastards, Southern Cross, Skyward, Unnatural, Wicked + Divine, Witchblade Marvel Uncanny X-Men DC Catwoman

  3. #138
    Astonishing Member Dark-Flux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,089

    Default

    Feb = 106

    Athena Voltaire #1
    Batwoman #8-10
    Black Betty #1
    Bonehead #2
    Captain America: Sam Wilson #15-16
    Captain America: Steve Rogers #7-8
    Civil War II #7-8
    Cold War #1
    Damage #2
    Daredevil #596
    Dark Fang #3-4
    The Defenders #7-8
    Dissonance #1
    God Complex #3
    Grace Diggers Union #3
    Green Lanterns #38-39
    Hellboy: The Chained Coffin/The Baba Yaga
    Hellboy: Seed of Destruction #1-4
    Hellboy: Wake the Devil #1-5
    Hulk #1
    Infamous Iron Man #2-3
    Invincible Iron Man #1-2
    Iron Fist #76
    Jessica Jones #15
    Judas #2
    Kick-Ass #1-8
    Mighty Thor #13-14
    Monster #142-162
    Moon Knight #190
    Nikolai Dante Vol.1 (10 issues)
    Paradiso #1-2
    Portal Bound #0
    The Punisher #220
    Savage Dragon #221-226
    Sideways #1
    Silencer #1
    Sleepless #1-3
    Slots #4
    Taarna #1
    The Unworthy Thor #1-2
    VS #1
    Witchblade #2
    Wonder Woman #37-38

    Total = 158

  4. #139
    Mighty Member Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tayne Japal View Post
    February reading:

    The Fix 10
    Generations: Phoenix and Jean Grey
    Harrow County 17-20 (4 issues)
    Lazarus X+66 #3
    Witchblade 1-2
    Outcast 32
    The Wicked + the Divine 33
    Kill or be Killed 10-13 (4 issues)
    The Realm 1-2
    Generations Wolverine and All New Wolverine
    Port of Earth 1
    Redneck 5-7
    Astonishing X-Men 1-4
    Crosswind 6
    Descender 26
    East of West 35
    Black Magick 7-9
    Elephantmen 78

    33 issues for a total of 131.
    What do you think of Crosswind? I've enjoyed it even more than I expected and was really sad to reach the end of the arc. Also, have you listened to the title song for it? It is genuinely quite nice

  5. #140
    Incredible Member JPAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    728

    Default

    January: 149
    February:

    DMZ deluxe hc 1-5 (72)
    De Onnoembaren integrale cyclus (Dutch series) 802pg (36)

    Total 2018: 257

  6. #141
    Fastest Man Alive ArkhamJamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    136

    Default

    End of February update:

    Fantastic Four by Hickman Vol. 5-6 / FF by Hickman Vol. 1-4 TPBs (36)

    - This was a fantastic series. Hickman really made me fall in love with these characters, I just love the family dynamic. The amount of set-up matched with glorious payoff was so rewarding to read. I binged this, and I almost wish I slowed down to really take it all in, but it was just so engaging. Hickman’s ideas are bombastic and awesome and I absolutely love it. Also, he writes an amazing Doom. The last few issues dragged a little and I do feel like it could’ve ended slightly earlier, but I get that Hickman wanted to finish his tenure and conclude basically every arc he set-up. The endings of each series were great, anyway. So many great moments in here, but the end of F4 vol. 5 (issue #604) was insane. Probably my favourite comic reading experience yet and arguably the best series I’ve read.

    Avengers: Time Runs Out OHC (20)

    - Great read, Hickman’s Avengers run continues to impress. Probably some of the best, most consistent art of the whole run, too, which surprised me because I think this released weekly or twice monthly. The big reveals with the origin of the Incursions and Rabum Alal, whilst good, did confuse me a bit. I hope they expand on this in Secret Wars. Either way, it’s been a great ride, and I am very excited to dig into Secret Wars,

    Grayson Vol. 1 TPB (6)

    - Was expecting to enjoy this but I couldn’t quite get into it. The art was quite nice, but that was about it. I wasn’t a fan of Seeley’s writing, mainly as I thought he wasted a lot of interesting concepts. That said, there were some interesting plots and ideas, but they weren’t developed to their full potential. The Futures End issue, while a tad bizarre, I thought was well written, so I guess my favourite parts of this book were the Tom King aspects. Don’t know if I’ll continue the series.

    Chew #1 (1)

    - Found a reprint of this real cheap and wanted to try it before putting down the cash for the hardcovers. This was my first Image book and I loved it! The world is really interesting and unique. There’s some intriguing mysteries, and overall I really want to read more because I am in love with the absurdity of the concept. The art perfectly complements the story, too.

    Action Comics #997 (1)

    - A decent issue, I seem to be more of a fan of Booth’s art than most people. After #1000, it’d be nice to see Jurgens on a Booster Gold book.

    Detective Comics #974 (1)

    - There were some interesting things here, but Tynion’s really losing me with all the forced drama.

    Monthly Total: 65 books
    Yearly Total: 148 books

  7. #142
    Mighty Member Mr`Orange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArkhamJamie View Post
    End of February update:

    Fantastic Four by Hickman Vol. 5-6 / FF by Hickman Vol. 1-4 TPBs (36)

    - This was a fantastic series. Hickman really made me fall in love with these characters, I just love the family dynamic. The amount of set-up matched with glorious payoff was so rewarding to read. I binged this, and I almost wish I slowed down to really take it all in, but it was just so engaging. Hickmanís ideas are bombastic and awesome and I absolutely love it. Also, he writes an amazing Doom. The last few issues dragged a little and I do feel like it couldíve ended slightly earlier, but I get that Hickman wanted to finish his tenure and conclude basically every arc he set-up. The endings of each series were great, anyway. So many great moments in here, but the end of F4 vol. 5 (issue #604) was insane. Probably my favourite comic reading experience yet and arguably the best series Iíve read.

    Avengers: Time Runs Out OHC (20)

    - Great read, Hickmanís Avengers run continues to impress. Probably some of the best, most consistent art of the whole run, too, which surprised me because I think this released weekly or twice monthly. The big reveals with the origin of the Incursions and Rabum Alal, whilst good, did confuse me a bit. I hope they expand on this in Secret Wars. Either way, itís been a great ride, and I am very excited to dig into Secret Wars,

    Grayson Vol. 1 TPB (6)

    - Was expecting to enjoy this but I couldnít quite get into it. The art was quite nice, but that was about it. I wasnít a fan of Seeleyís writing, mainly as I thought he wasted a lot of interesting concepts. That said, there were some interesting plots and ideas, but they werenít developed to their full potential. The Futures End issue, while a tad bizarre, I thought was well written, so I guess my favourite parts of this book were the Tom King aspects. Donít know if Iíll continue the series.

    Chew #1 (1)

    - Found a reprint of this real cheap and wanted to try it before putting down the cash for the hardcovers. This was my first Image book and I loved it! The world is really interesting and unique. Thereís some intriguing mysteries, and overall I really want to read more because I am in love with the absurdity of the concept. The art perfectly complements the story, too.

    Monthly Total: 65 books
    Yearly Total: 148 books
    Hickman is probably my favourite writer so I am biased when I say that his FF and Avengers is some of the best Marvel books in years... but they really are. I love the long form storytelling he has put into play for these books.

    Grayson I only read the first couple of issues and I too was was disapointed. i did have high hopes for this; and talking about hopes that are dashed there is Chew.

    Chew was initially meant to be a much shorter series, 24-36 issues, something like that. But sales were good and they expanded to 60 and it shows. A very strong start, some amazing art and ideas but not pulled together well. The mystery aspect gets put to one side and more food based super powers emerge and it really looses its way. It is a shame as it is such an interesting concept.

  8. #143
    Mighty Member Mr`Orange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    update:

    Wicked & the Divine HC v1 & v2 (22) - Originally had little to no interest in this, but bought the first HC on a whim. Thought it was great stuff then, it really won me over. V2 has some guest artists (ymmv), but the quality of story remained high imo


    251 + 22 = 273 for the year
    I'm umming and arring over the secodn book. I loved the first issue, the next few were okay, but the final one of the first HC hooked me back in. Very frustratign as i am trying to avoid books that I'm only semi invested in.

  9. #144
    Mighty Member Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,578

    Default

    I have volume 2 on my shelf and haven't gotten around to reading it yet - there always seems to be something that I want to read more.

  10. #145
    Spectacular Member DamianWayne1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    153

    Default

    February 15th-28th: (72)
    Giant-Sized X-Men #1 (1) - So I decided to read the X-Men starting from Claremont's run. Before this, I'd only seen the movies, read Morrison's run, some of Whedon's run, some of Bendis' All-New X-Men & X-Men: Blue in terms of X-Men team books. This was pretty good. I liked the writing. Very verbose and the art wasn't as offputting as I thought it would be.
    NYX #1-7 (7) - I got on a bit of an X-23 kick and decided to read one of her earlier appearances. The characters had pretty interesting powers.
    NYX: No Way Home #1-6 (6) - I was invested enough in the characters to read the sequel, which I did not like as much as the original. I didn't really like the conclusion, but it was pretty well written.
    Uncanny X-Men #94 (1)
    Civil War (2015) #1-5 (5) - Despite the fact I've never read the original civil war I decided to read the Secret Wars tie-in series. It was pretty good, made me want to pick the original up.
    Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe #1-4 (4)
    Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe Again #1-2 (2)
    What If? Wolverine: Father #1 (1)
    Black Bolt #1-2 (2)
    All-New Wolverine #25 (1)
    Astonishing X-Men (2017-) #1-6 (6) - This was excellent. I recommend it to anyone who likes the X-Men. The art was gorgeous, and the story was engaging. I liked all of the characters, despite having only read a few of them before as well, which was a plus. I really liked Rogue, but I'm not sure what else she's in besides Uncanny Avengers which I need to start soon.
    Irredeemable Digital Omnibus Volume 1 (22)
    Irredeemable #20-33 (14)

    January: 125
    February: 121
    Total 2018: 246

  11. #146
    Fastest Man Alive ArkhamJamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Hickman is probably my favourite writer so I am biased when I say that his FF and Avengers is some of the best Marvel books in years... but they really are. I love the long form storytelling he has put into play for these books.

    Grayson I only read the first couple of issues and I too was was disapointed. i did have high hopes for this; and talking about hopes that are dashed there is Chew.

    Chew was initially meant to be a much shorter series, 24-36 issues, something like that. But sales were good and they expanded to 60 and it shows. A very strong start, some amazing art and ideas but not pulled together well. The mystery aspect gets put to one side and more food based super powers emerge and it really looses its way. It is a shame as it is such an interesting concept.
    I’ve been amassing books for ages but only recently have I really got into reading a lot of them, and I’m inclined to agree. Hickman’s work is just so engaging and I always feel compelled to keep reading. I think I like his Fantastic Four run a bit better as the characters feel more fleshed out, it was a little less confusing and it seemed like it had more of an endgame in mind. That said, his the New Avengers aspect of the run has been phenomenal and I’m such a fan of the long game he plays. I’m keen to try his East of West once the 3rd hardcover drops (which I think is the last book) as his books read so well once complete.

    Grayson was really bizarre, the concept sounded amazing and I’ve loved all King’s books that I’ve read and really enjoyed Nightwing: Rebirth by Seeley, so I was surprised to see that I didn’t enjoy it.

    That’s a shame to hear about Chew, but at least it still wrapped up. I much prefer series that I know have an ending than one’s that just go on forever. I’ll probably get into the hardcovers after I read more of what I currently own. I’m behind on so many series and it’s probably not wise to jump into a new one right now, haha.

  12. #147
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    188

    Default

    2018 Week 9

    Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collection 20 Cosmic Adventures (23 issues)
    Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collection 21 Return of the Sinister Six (22 issues)

    Total for the week: 45
    Total for the year: 374

  13. #148
    Mighty Member Mr`Orange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArkhamJamie View Post
    I’ve been amassing books for ages but only recently have I really got into reading a lot of them, and I’m inclined to agree. Hickman’s work is just so engaging and I always feel compelled to keep reading. I think I like his Fantastic Four run a bit better as the characters feel more fleshed out, it was a little less confusing and it seemed like it had more of an endgame in mind. That said, his the New Avengers aspect of the run has been phenomenal and I’m such a fan of the long game he plays. I’m keen to try his East of West once the 3rd hardcover drops (which I think is the last book) as his books read so well once complete.

    Grayson was really bizarre, the concept sounded amazing and I’ve loved all King’s books that I’ve read and really enjoyed Nightwing: Rebirth by Seeley, so I was surprised to see that I didn’t enjoy it.

    That’s a shame to hear about Chew, but at least it still wrapped up. I much prefer series that I know have an ending than one’s that just go on forever. I’ll probably get into the hardcovers after I read more of what I currently own. I’m behind on so many series and it’s probably not wise to jump into a new one right now, haha.
    Yeah I've pretty much put a stop on all comic purchases this year as I have so many books in my backlog and I'm with you on reading complete runs, so much more enjoyable.

    Seeley's Revival is fantastic, that is another reason I had high hopes for Grayson (as well as the concept) but it wasn't to be.

    The Hickman book I'm really looking forward to is The Black Monday Murders, the first issue blew me away.

    Not read East of West or his other Image books but own all the trades, though I wish I had waited for the hardcovers... might see what i can get for them on eBay.

  14. #149
    Mighty Member Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,578

    Default

    I too am trying to avoid buying books until I work through my backlog, not that it is working too well!

  15. #150
    Fastest Man Alive ArkhamJamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I too am trying to avoid buying books until I work through my backlog, not that it is working too well!
    About an hour after I posted that, I bought three new hardcovers... one day Iíll read them, Iím sure!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •