Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

I think it's past time for Marvel to give Miles his OWN codename, especially since Miles and Peter and both in the 616 together now and Peter is back in NY doing Spider-Man stuff again. It just makes sense.

Besides, I think by now, Miles is popular enough and has a large enough fan base of his own that giving him a codename of his own won't really hurt him (unless it's a stupid one, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    There is a relatively clean solution that opens up a lot of storytelling possibilities, although it changes the dynamics of the series/ character in a major way: Have Miles Morales get outed as a superhero. It sidesteps the codename question, and puts him under a new level of scrutiny in-universe.
    His mask gets torn in battle so much and his identity has been revealed to or by so many other costumed characters and civilians already, that you would think the world would already know who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    His mask gets torn in battle so much and his identity has been revealed to or by so many other costumed characters and civilians already, that you would think the world would already know who he is.
    In this world of instant news and everyone having cell phones, it makes little sense that there are secret identities anymore at all. Its pretty much to the point where you have to suspend disbelief about it.

Works both ways, though. If the Lee/Ditko run happened today then the Green Goblin would be just as vulnerable as Spider-Man to people and the authorities discovering the truth..
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    In this world of instant news and everyone having cell phones, it makes little sense that there are secret identities anymore at all. Its pretty much to the point where you have to suspend disbelief about it.

Works both ways, though. If the Lee/Ditko run happened today then the Green Goblin would be just as vulnerable as Spider-Man to people and the authorities discovering the truth..
    You can always excuse that Marvel civilians are too dumb to do something like that.

I'm only an intermittent reader. Can I ask somebody to explain/spoil something for me?

From the point of view of the characters in the Marvel Universe - Mies himself, his mother, Peter - what is Miles's history? Does he know that he's from another universe, and that his mother was dead there? Is he retconned into the history of the MU, so there is a point some years ago where he gets his powers, decides to become a hero, and calls himself "Spider-Man" (or other people call him "Spider-Man"), even though there is already an existing, publicly-known hero with that name?

If I understood that a little better, I'd be able to figure out which of these naming suggestions made more sense.

Thanks!
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    I'm only an intermittent reader. Can I ask somebody to explain/spoil something for me?

From the point of view of the characters in the Marvel Universe - Mies himself, his mother, Peter - what is Miles's history? Does he know that he's from another universe, and that his mother was dead there? Is he retconned into the history of the MU, so there is a point some years ago where he gets his powers, decides to become a hero, and calls himself "Spider-Man" (or other people call him "Spider-Man"), even though there is already an existing, publicly-known hero with that name?

If I understood that a little better, I'd be able to figure out which of these naming suggestions made more sense.

Thanks!
    Miles himself remembers the Ultimate universe (As Spider-Men II has shown), his supporting characters think they always lived in 616.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Miles himself remembers the Ultimate universe (As Spider-Men II has shown), his supporting characters think they always lived in 616.
    But which is his history in 616? When he appeared? Was a moment when Spider-Man was believed dead in 616?
    I have the same questions as Doctor Bifrost.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin