Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I hope he stays as Spider-Man. But if they do give him a new name, I sure as hell hope it's not Spy-D.

Quote Originally Posted by The Other SpiderMan View Post
    Moving Miles to the main universe was the worst thing they ever could've done to him.
    Agreed. He had a much more interesting relationship to the Spider-Man mythos when he was back in the UU.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Given that this is BleedingCool, what's the strength of their source in the article? These are precisely the articles I refuse to give them clicks for. Is it an inside source reporting rumors with a concession that it could easily change and be something else?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I'm all for Miles adopting a new name, but Spy-D is awful. At least make it Spyder or something.
    Last edited by Scarlet Spider-Man; 01-02-2018 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Marvel does have a reputation of the secret identity mattering more than the alter ego.

The differences between Jay Garrick and Barry Allen didn't matter as much because DC had a reputation for characters without personalities. Hell, that was part of the reason Barry Allen was replaced by Wally West, and Hal Jordan was replaced by Kyle Rayner.
    Wally was a sidekick graduation after Barry was killed off. Now they share the mantle (though, Wally only appears in Titans, he'd need an adjective if he got his own book now, which DC isn't known for). And Hal and Kyle definitely have differences, Hal is an aviator, Kyle is an artist. They appear in the same comic nowadays and they're certainly not interchangeable. The reason Kyle replaced Hal? Hal turned villain. I think Parallax was later retconned as being a separate entity, like Phoenix.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wally was a sidekick graduation after Barry was killed off. Now they share the mantle (though, Wally only appears in Titans, he'd need an adjective if he got his own book now, which DC isn't known for). And Hal and Kyle definitely have differences, Hal is an aviator, Kyle is an artist. They appear in the same comic nowadays and they're certainly not interchangeable. The reason Kyle replaced Hal? Hal turned villain. I think Parallax was later retconned as being a separate entity, like Phoenix.
    Parallax is more a cross between Dark Phoenix and Venom

Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    It's a step up from Kid-Arachnid but Spy-D sounds kind of lame and already in use as the contraction of Spider-man - Spider - Spidey.

Recluse, Huntsman, ArThor, Orb-weaver, Rustic Wolf, Turf Runner, Four-spot, etc
    I’d want Recluse as the name for Kaine, now that Ben’s back to being Scarlet Spider.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I've got it, we'll call him Special K
    I actually sort of like this.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

What about Arachne? A unisex name previously used by Julia Carpenter, who abandoned it when she became Madame Webb.

Or just Arachnid. Definitely not Kid Arachnid though.

Spiderboy. Reclaim it. Make it work!!

- Spinneret (Earth-616's version)
    - Weaver
    - Webslinger
    - Tarantula
    - Webspinner
    - Dark Web
    - Obsidian Web

Dark Net sounds like a villain. And don't forget the motive here is creating a unique trademark long term. Spinneret therefore is taken. Besides, if they restore the marriage, I can imagine MJ ending up using it in 616 (not that she should need powers to have good stories).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Given that this is BleedingCool, what's the strength of their source in the article? These are precisely the articles I refuse to give them clicks for. Is it an inside source reporting rumors with a concession that it could easily change and be something else?

Their strength is the “PARKER IS THE ONLY SPIDER-MAN” and “well it’ll be confusing to people” crowd

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Their strength is the “PARKER IS THE ONLY SPIDER-MAN” and “well it’ll be confusing to people” crowd
    I see it making sense more from the necessity of giving Miles a codename he can use in media when he appears in something with Peter in it.

Because so far it's been fairly consistent that Miles either changes his codename (Kid-Arachnid) or just doesn't have one (Marvel's Spider-Man, Marvel Super Hero Adventures).

Isn't there some other Spider-Man with a name Miles can use? Could be someone from the multiverse too.

And honestly, it might be better for Miles to change his super hero name, not because of the "confuse the people" crap, that's a bad argument, just that it's lazy to have super heroes with the same name when they live in the same universe, kinda like DC with the 3 Supermen (Yeah, sure, one of the is Super-Man/New Super-Man, not enough of a difference lol), though they should give him a good one if they're changing.

While they're at it they could change Kaine's or Ben's too, both are Scarlet Spider, and it's also lazy for them to be using the same name.

Anansi. Take this in a spiritual direction. Have him interact with the real African deity from time to time. Comes to him in dreams, maybe.