Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Hal is just awful. I hope that he's not the only character they use when that eventual DCU film comes about.

Peter really should have been more mindful of franchising opportunities when he picked his name, most every variation has been awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Junco View Post
    Peter really should have been more mindful of franchising opportunities when he picked his name, most every variation has been awful.
    There's no way Peter could have foreseen Marvel turning his franchise into a spinoff factory (although I guess he should have learned after the 90's) .

Spy-D? Might as well call him Milder, considering he is Miles Morales the Spider-Man...

I actually like Kid Arachnid

Rule #1 about reading articles on Bleeding Cool? Always take their articles with a fist size grain of salt. If you read enough of them you’ll notice a pattern emerge that some of the writers of the articles have a habit of writing their opinion and rumor pieces as though they were fact. I don’t know wether this is intentional or not, but this news definitely gives of the feeling. The article also did say that the “Spy-D” name idea was scrapped so it may have been one of those test names you just got to get out of you’re head until you can think of the clever ones.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Trying to change these characters names midstream like this is dumb.
    Having two characters with the same name co-existing was dumb. This is a course correction.

That being said, Spy-D is a poor name, too inside baseball. Too clever-clever. I'm sure they'll end up picking something more on the nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    That being said, Spy-D is a poor name, too inside baseball. Too clever-clever. I'm sure they'll end up picking something more on the nose.
    "Spider-Nose" wouldn't be much better.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    Just curious but what is Miguel calling himself these days? Also while I am very much against the name change I feel that it is inevitably, I just want them to put thought and effort into it. Like really Spy-D? Don't just say the first thing that pops in your head.
    He’s just “Spider-Man.”

Extraordinary Member

There's always Scarlet Spider.

If either Kain or Ben Parker made it to cartoons on the regular I don't know about it.

And neither of them have a book now as far as I know so the heck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    There's always Scarlet Spider.

If either Kain or Ben Parker made it to cartoons on the regular I don't know about it.

And neither of them have a book now as far as I know so the heck with it.
    Kaine was a major character in the last season of Ultimate Spider-Man, but they gave him Ben's name.

But a version of the actual Ben is currently starring in the current Scarlet Spider book.

Ben was used in the 90s cartoon too.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Rule #1 about reading articles on Bleeding Cool? Always take their articles with a fist size grain of salt. If you read enough of them you’ll notice a pattern emerge that some of the writers of the articles have a habit of writing their opinion and rumor pieces as though they were fact. I don’t know wether this is intentional or not, but this news definitely gives of the feeling. The article also did say that the “Spy-D” name idea was scrapped so it may have been one of those test names you just got to get out of you’re head until you can think of the clever ones.
    This. The article is technically right in that it's a (proposed then scrapped) name for Miles Morales and there ARE spoilers (The panel from the end of Spider-Men II), but it's done in a way to make it seem like it's fact, when in reality it's just a glorified guess. It's pretty much the epitome of click-bait.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There's no way Peter could have foreseen Marvel turning his franchise into a spinoff factory (although I guess he should have learned after the 90's) .
    Lets see who has spawned under the Peter Parker tree

Monica (Spectrum)
    Punisher
    Silver Sable
    Rocket Racer
    Prowler
    Gwen Stacy
    Mary Jane
    Venom
    Carange
    Jessica Drew
    Spider-Woman 2-3
    May Parker
    Spider-Man 2099
    Silkk
    Miles
    Ben Riley
    Kraven
    Rhino
    Scopion
    Electro
    Sandman

He got more weapons than Batman. If Dc ever bothers to build up Duke, Tim, Stephanie & Cassandra-Peter would get a run for his money.

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    He’s just “Spider-Man.”
    So I've been told which makes it even more ridiculous that Miles has to change his name. It's unavoidable though and like I said before hopefully his new alter ego isn't something stupid or lazy.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.