First off, Happy New Year! Hope 2018 will be a better year than 2017 was for each of you. I spent my NYE at home with family but sick with a cold and largely in bed.

Now, this is primarily intended for WonderTrev fans, but is also extended to general Wonderverse fans as well:

I strongly believe that two big reasons that, as a non-SuperHeroic Significant Other, Steve Trevor hasn't quite caught on in the Wonderverse (the way Lois Lane and Selina Kyle have in the Superverse and Batverse respectively) are:

1) consistency ... but that is literally applicable to every single Wonderverse character, including, sadly, Diana herself.

2) a complete lack of a uniquely dominant trait.

For example, Clark and Lois both have good journalistic skills, but Lois is the clearly the better of the two at those skills. In fact, Lois Lane is the greatest journalist in the entire DCU.

Likewise, Bruce and Selina both have good thieving skills, but Selina is clearly the better of the two at those particular skills. In fact, Selina Kyle is the greatest thief in the entire DCU.

The fact that both of these women are so good at their respective jobs is a big part of their lasting appeal. They are allowed to be better than their SuperHero Significant Others at one thing.

And so we come to Diana and Steve. He isn't better than Diana at anything. He isn't better at anything physically or martial arts related than Diana, obviously. Turning him into DC's version of Steve Rogers is not only bad but counter - productive. Being better at following orders is not something that is looked up to (also, Diana is nothing if not a rebel herself).

So I ask all of you: which single skill or talent that Diana already has that Steve can also have, and be the best at in the entire DCU?

And even if Diana can't cede a single current skill supremacy over to Steve, what non - shared positive skill or talent could he acquire to be the best at in the entire DCU?

Because, I believe, without such a unique dominance, he will always be found lacking as a suitable partner for Diana.