Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Uncanny Avengers #29 - Spoilers

Juggernaught is being transported to jail after being defeated by Iceman. However, Brother Voodoo’s spell to summon the power of Cyttorak also works to summon Juggernaught.

Juggernaught crashes in on Rogue, Wasp, Synapse, Quicksilver, Voodo and Wanda, and instantly begins fighting them. Rogue knocks him out only long enough to come up with a plan. Wasp zips into his helmet to annoy him, Wanda and Voodoo get a barrier to contain him, and Quicksilver and Synapse do crowd control. However, Quicksilver has other ideas. He thinks he can save the day along with Synapse. Rogue disapproves of his hot head ways.

Voodoo who was also knocked out realizes it’s his fault Juggs is there but Wanda assures him they need solutions not blame. Meanwhile, Quicksilver and Synapse attacks Juggs. Quicksilver gets his helmet off so Synapse can do her thing, except, Juggs has another sleek helmet under his bigger helmet. After impressing RuPaul with the helmet reveal, Juggs knocks Synapse out.

Voodoo tries to do another spell to turn the mini Juggernaughts against Juggernaught, and Rogue tries to forces him into the trap, but he pushes back and reminds her he is stronger than her. Rogue agrees, moves out of the way, and his own momentum forces him into Voodoo’s trap. The mini Cyttoraks all start sealing Juggernaught in his armor. Voodoo then uses his powers to return Cyttorak’s power. Juggernaught screams as he vanished. We then see Synapse lying on the ground badly beaten.

Later, at a hospital, the team waits to hear about Synapse’s condition while also trying to reach Johnny Storm (occupied in his own dramas). The doctor comes out saying Synapse will survive but will need heavily rehabilitation. Quicksilver demands to see her but is told no, she needs rest. He refuses to back down so Rogue steps in. As the others side with Rogue, Quicksilver gets angry and claims he’s been an Avenger longer than Rogue has. The others don’t care and remind him his actions it’s why Synapse is in the hospital. Quicksilver decides he no longer wants to be part of the team and assumes Wanda will leave with him. But Wanda sides with Rogue also and calls out her own brother. A teary Quicksilver runs away…We then get a shot of a passed out Synapse holding a letter addressed to her…

I think Hellion's supposed to show up next issue
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    I think Hellion's supposed to show up next issue
    What? Where's you hear that? That'd be neat.

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

I know it wasn't started here, but I'm not too crazy that Jugg's back to being just a villain again.

I do like that the weird thing with his head from Once and Future Juggernaut was replaced with him just having a smaller helmet under his large one, but if his power-up was dropped why does he still need all those tubes in his costume?

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    What? Where's you hear that? That'd be neat.
    the author said on reddit a couple months back

I imagine its something to do with Synapse. Maybe he tries to cheer her up or something
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

I'm also partial to the "still a dickhead but wants to do good Cain" as well.

His villain character, though fun to read, just never has any stakes. You KNOW he'll get outsmarted, with 75% of the time the ol' "use his momentum against him" being the culprit. He never really has any plan other than fight and win.

Put him back on an X-team and try the rehab route. (although after him blasting Psynapse I doubt we will see that)

I don't mind Juggernauts descent into villainy. As long as he isn't "I want to watch the world burn!" evil, he's fine. iirc Cytorakk is a corrupting influence isn't it? That's why he was weaker on the X-Men.

Anyway, good issue. Quicksilver's random dissent into arrogance is kinda out of left field, considering he seemed to be fine with Rogue's leadership throughout most of Vol 3, though he did display a habit of not listening to orders during the Ultron fight. Funny, someone also got their leg crushed up, but that time it was him. As for his attitude, maybe Wanda brings out his bad habits?

Speaking of Wanda, it was a nice change of pace to see her willing to defer to Rogue. I kind of find it that interesting she specifically expressed an interest in staying on the team, as I'm sure she has other options if she wanted to join another, but her insistence to be here considering she's sometimes clashes with Rogue... Maybe the team is more important to her, or what it means, than she lets on. Probably reading way too into it, but something like that would be nice to explore.

Glad they didn't take care of Juggy the usual way. Magic brought him, magic took him out, it fits. One more issue till No Surrender, can't wait.

Yeah, Falcon would've been happy to have Wanda on his squad (remember, that team has always struggled with recruitment, that's why Nadia and the three now-Champions kids were there), but she wanted to rejoin the Unity Squad, which is where she was before Secret Wars, and her subsequent solo book.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Falcon would've been happy to have Wanda on his squad (remember, that team has always struggled with recruitment, that's why Nadia and the three now-Champions kids were there), but she wanted to rejoin the Unity Squad, which is where she was before Secret Wars, and her subsequent solo book.
    Yep. Though I wonder if Vision would be a deterrent for her or not. probably not

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

So I guess having Juggernaut and Hellion be part of the book in any way will somehow justify the necessity for still having this thread on this board? They should have shipped Cannonball and Beast into this title ages ago.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

To vary Pietro's temper and arrogance put him in a bad situation again. Do not know if he will leave the team or not and No Surrender will start soon.

The part with the invocation of the Juggernaut was funny but I wonder if he was banished to the dimension of the demon Cyttorak?

The good part is Wanda's entry into the team is no longer a problem thanks to Pietro who has become the villain of the situation now (I think having the brothers on the same team never works out). And nothing about Beast or Simon for now.

And once again the team wonders what to do next? And I believe readers should be asking the same question.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    So I guess having Juggernaut and Hellion be part of the book in any way will somehow justify the necessity for still having this thread on this board? They should have shipped Cannonball and Beast into this title ages ago.
    Nah, the necessity comes from how much GOLD sucks.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

How unexpected! Something goes wrong and Wanda blames her brother. As this has never happened before, I am left wondering what will happen next!

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Nah, the necessity comes from how much GOLD sucks.
    Yeah, this title is a top tier read. Far better than Gold and Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Why so against it? Rogue and Beast are on the team. Pietro and Wanda both still have appreciation threads on the X-Books board. Half their mission statement was about saving Xavier's brain. Hell, they have the 'X' insignia to show that this is an X-Book as much as it is an Avengers book.

I'm thrilled to hear that this acknowledged/tied in with Iceman's solo series.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/