View Poll Results: Why are you skipping The Gifted?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Waiting to binge or It's on my DVR

12 18.18%
  • Don't like the FOXVERSE

19 28.79%
  • Not interested in the characters

11 16.67%
  • Heard bad things

1 1.52%
  • Other

23 34.85%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

The shower scene in the first episode merely depicted the male Strucker being bullied in the boys locker room by what I can only describe as H.S. Jocks... at worst he was scolded by hot water and everyone was fully dressed.
    Thanks, I knew about that scene but yogaflame's post sounded like there was some other scene I don't remember that did something else.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

The shower scene in the first episode merely depicted the male Strucker being bullied in the boys locker room by what I can only describe as H.S. Jocks -- at worst he was scolded by hot water and everyone was fully dressed.
    The scene in Gifted wasn't necessarily bad in its self(they weren't nude), it's the fact that Singer chose to put these characters in a shower scene again at all given his history.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member

I had not thought about it that way at all...

I watch the show on and off. Don't care much for the family, the other mutants are pretty good most of the time. Watched part of it tonight, they are all morons for 'trusting' Esame again... she just barely backstabbed you guys once...she's totally not going to do it again...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    I had not thought about it that way at all...
    Me neither, and think it's quite a leap, TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    ... Watched part of it tonight, they are all morons for 'trusting' Esame again...
    Keep your enemies closer.

I half heartedly watch it when I have time, but it's not something I jump to catch up on like say Legion. I don't think the writing is very good and the focal point of the show (the family) is rather boring and doesn't sustain my interest. I also don't really want to support a Bryan Singer project. He's out of the mix now for the most part and things seem to be improving.

I'm loving the show for the most part. I'm getting sick of the whole "should we stay or leave" song and dance from the Von Strucker family but other than that I really like it.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

No tv here and even if i have one, i dont have enough money to get the channe.

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

I am not a big fan of Singer's vision of the X-Men and I also hope that the Disney deal might improve things.

Also, I cut out cable and didn't have access. I just got Hulu so I might check it out, but for some reason the whole format doesn't appeal to me.

BANNED

I'm watching it on Amazon! I love it! I like how the films and now TV redefines who are the major characters in the comics.

I watched the first three episodes, found it middling interesting, decided to wait until the entire season is completed and binge watch.
    But I may never get around to doing that because...
    1) the Strucker kids are annoying
    2) I have a long list of tv shows and movies in my watch list and more are being added even as I type this...

Legion set the bar high and is a really trippy experience if you watched stoned because you’re wondering what’s reality and what’s in his head? Gifted didn’t compel me at all from the 2 episodes I watched.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by ChibaMariners View Post
    I'm not watching because I'm not interested in the characters on the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Wasn’t impressed with the pilot..
    Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    Too much familly, disney
    Bad acting
    Bad casting
    all so boring, typical. Not thrilling, soap opera
    Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    Not trying to make this a sob story- it just made me not as excited in the franchise, and glad that Disney is taking over.
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I did watch it for a little while but felt like the show wasn't really going anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    The family bores me. I watched two episodes and lost interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Eh if it was really good I'd watch it but nothing captured my attention, I'm also just done with Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    bad casting
    cheap TV effects do not work for me on Xmen
    not in continuity enough
    no costumes
    it plays like SHIELD to me boring and cheap tv
    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I tried, but Singer's first episode had a shower scene with little boys a few minutes in and I just couldn't (Apt Pupil, anyone?). Haven't watched any more since.
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I won't watch any fox-men related film. I need marvel to have full rights with no impact from the fox studios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_Lady View Post
    I am not a big fan of Singer's vision of the X-Men and I also hope that the Disney deal might improve things.

You Mutants make me sad

The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

It has a similar element to it that the Gotham show does. It's like, here's the thing you like, but it's not really the thing you like and we're giving it to you instead of the thing you like. I'm not interested in the not-quite-X-Men fighting the not-quite-Sentinels or the not-quite-Brotherhood. I don't want to see a girl with green streaks in her hair wearing street clothes kinda sorta using magnetic powers on hapless goons. I want POLARIS in her COSTUME to be WRECKING GIANT METAL SENTINELS. I'm tired of being told to lower my expectations because of a TV budget. Either do it right or don't do it at all.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    I don't want to see a girl with green streaks in her hair
    Alot of ppl who stopped after episode 1 or 2 had that complaint. She dyed it black because she was hiding but now she's full green

The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

I voted "other" because, I'll be honest, I have very little patience to actually watch TV series. I generally watched Netflix ones because of the limited number of episodes, so I knew when they end and when they start, but even my patience for that went away, reason why I didn't watch The Punisher, Black Mirror or have been keeping up with House of Cards. I hear some great things about The Gifted, but when I think of having to watch twenty something episodes to have at least some sense of closure (since that's usually how much a season lasts in TV), my interest fades away. Maybe I'm just getting too old
    Last edited by PrezValentine; 01-02-2018 at 04:14 AM.