View Poll Results: Why are you skipping The Gifted?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Waiting to binge or It's on my DVR

12 18.18%
  • Don't like the FOXVERSE

19 28.79%
  • Not interested in the characters

11 16.67%
  • Heard bad things

1 1.52%
  • Other

23 34.85%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian_Soul View Post
    It's actually a fox show.
    it does not matter. feels show was done for 12 year old children
    yes the idea of ​​the family, does not appeal at all. No man actor is attractive to me. Only an Asian girl is attractive. Neither interesting in teenage "love", caring husband, wife of scenes. I want to watch the show about fighting mutants, I need more blood, horror. not snotty, slimy, Disney melodrama
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

I was watching it and promoting the hell out of it until that last episode where they randomly and pointlessly killed Dreamer off for a mix of shock value and "raising the stakes" for all the other characters at her expense. It's the worst I've seen character death handled in TV shows in a long time. Yeah, it fits how much comic books suck at it, but TV shows aren't comic books even when they're based on comic books.

Gifted's been doing amazing things for Polaris, my favorite character in anything. I tried very hard to convince myself to keep watching specifically because of her great use. But in the end, I realized I couldn't handle continuing to watch the show solely for Lorna. No point getting invested in characters, their potential and the story as a whole if they're just gonna get killed off on a whim with no prep or catharsis.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by mbm721 View Post
    I watched the first 3 or 4 eps and liked it, especially the small x cast (Polaris, blink, Thunderbird especially). But then life hit me hard with the third suicide of a family member this year and a divorce on Oct. 30th, 2017. And I really wanted to see sage more. She was only in like one episode I saw. I hope to catch up when I can but not within the next few months or so.
    Aw, I'm so sorry. All of that sounds really rough.

She's in future episodes but isn't a huge part of the show.

Astonishing Member

I did watch it for a little while but felt like the show wasn't really going anywhere. And that's my problem with the X-Men in general whenever their mission becomes solely about survival. Survival is fine and necessary, but if that's all it is then it feels like there's really no future for the characters. You get mutants over the border, and then what? You spring Polaris from prison, but what do you do after that? Just go on the run?

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

I love the gifted wtf polaris for life! Blink is bae tho
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Ultimate Member

The show seems like it's a limited time kind of thing and the fact that they're always under fire and being hunted there just doesn't seem to be a future for the show, that and I think that it's mostly characters that aren't that high up on to many people's lists, feels like for most of the characters they used the ones that were left...and they're making Lorna a stand in for Magneto...

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I did watch it for a little while but felt like the show wasn't really going anywhere. And that's my problem with the X-Men in general whenever their mission becomes solely about survival. Survival is fine and necessary, but if that's all it is then it feels like there's really no future for the characters. You get mutants over the border, and then what? You spring Polaris from prison, but what do you do after that? Just go on the run?
    The answer is obvious to have a divide between surviving and taking the fight to the government hunting them and I think it will happen, but outside of endless debates back and forth no one did anything until ep 10 in that regard when more or less I think the ideological divide should have reared its head a number of episodes earlier.

I am still certainly watching it and view it as the best show on TV, but the show dragged its feet on getting to the ideological schism so there is more then one idea then hiding and way over pushed the Stucker family dynamics which stayed in a holding pattern all season to date. That is where I think problems transpired but not ones so big the show doesn’t deserve to be successful.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-01-2018 at 01:32 PM.

The family bores me. I watched two episodes and lost interest.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    and they're making Lorna a stand in for Magneto...
    That's really not what they're doing. At all. They took a great deal of effort to establish Lorna as her own character with her own interests and motivations up to this point. That some of those interests and motivations match with her father's doesn't make her a stand-in. That would be like saying Captain America is a stand-in for Superman. Every character can be a "stand-in" for some other character out there if we say that's what's happening here.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I watched the first 3 or 4 eps and liked it, especially the small x cast (Polaris, blink, Thunderbird especially). But then life hit me hard with the third suicide of a family member this year and a divorce on Oct. 30th, 2017. And I really wanted to see sage more. She was only in like one episode I saw. I hope to catch up when I can but not within the next few months or so.
    Ouch... be strong, mate. Hopefully everything will be better this year

BANNED

I'm of the mind it's just a sign of the times. Fandom, like society in general, has become more fractured & tribalized. And there's SO many more choices today, not just in content, but where it comes from & how/when it's viewed. But the X-fanbase hasn't been united for a long time, and in fact, is more divided than ever... into lil' separate, competitive X-character camps. Part of it is because the X-mythos is so HUGE, that it's like a whole, nother sub-universe of Marvel, so it's only natural. Happenings in the early/mid 2000's speculatively attributed to the Fox movie deal, have greatly exacerbated this tho, as fans of a few more iconic figures felt & still feel... spurned, I believe, and bitter as a result. As a Jean fan, I can relate, as she's had MORE than her fair share of shoddy treatment over the years. So IDK, everything's just more... niche (?), nowadays, I guess - AND PERSONAL! Divide & conquer, sad, but true. Maybe that's all about to change tho, with recent developments, and we can be more supportive of & happy for each other again.

Eh if it was really good I'd watch it but nothing captured my attention, I'm also just done with Fox.

Life has its way of going through big ups and downs.

I know some watch online and I know some don’t. I find it’s pretty nice they offer HD eps on Fox’s website for free with ads of course for those who don’t watch live nor DVR.

https://www.fox.com/the-gifted/
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-01-2018 at 02:15 PM.

There's too much stupid tv drama for my tastes, but I will eventually binge watch it. I don't watch a lot of tv any more and when I get into things, I really get into them, so I prefer to just watch a show over a few day period when I have time - maybe the next time I'm home sick with the flu or something like that.

I'm about six episodes in. I was watching it live but am now weeks behind because holidays etc.