View Poll Results: Why are you skipping The Gifted?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Waiting to binge or It's on my DVR

12 18.18%
  • Don't like the FOXVERSE

19 28.79%
  • Not interested in the characters

11 16.67%
  • Heard bad things

1 1.52%
  • Other

23 34.85%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat99 View Post
    Been a hardcore fan for 35 years, but I hate the Fox X-Men Universe with a firey passion.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    It needs off Monday imo. Monday is too much competition.
    Maybe, but live viewing is hardly the be all, end all it used to be. If it it was, I doubt this would've even been renewed. It, and the broadcast networks in general, will continue to become less & less relevant as time goes on. There was one article I saw, that already questioned Fox's future, after the Diz deal goes thru. Pretty sure CW's already on real thin ice, as well. All trends point towards streaming services & a la carte offers taking over. It's all about people choosing what they wanna watch, and when they wanna watch it. Convenience, personal preferences, and customization, are the name of the game, today.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-07-2018 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat99 View Post
    Been a hardcore fan for 35 years, but I hate the Fox X-Men Universe with a firey passion. I can’t even watch those awful movies. So, while it’s cool that characters I love from the comics are being featured, they’re being featured wrong and I can’t support that.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Haha!!! Thank you, I'm taking my bow, lol.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

It just might be everything I could possibly want in a mutant show... except the lack of Kitty.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

For me it's for a few different reasons:

1. Over time I've lost interest in superhero tv shows, mainly because of the smaller tv budgets. It's just not feasible for tv shows to use an abundance of special effects and CGI, and unfortunately a lot of superheroes have powers that necessitate lots of CGI. I find that lots of shows featuring characters with powers or abilities get around that aspect by ramping up the interpersonal drama, and just sprinkle some cool action shots here and there. For me personally, it's not satisfying. I mostly get my superhero fix from movies or animation now.

2. The characters. While I love Polaris and Blink is cool, I'm largely not interested in this Strucker family or whoever they are. Had the premise of the show been more squarely X-men centric and featured more established X-men characters then I would have been more interested.

3. Lack of time. I just don't have as much free time these days to indulge in lots of new shows, so I'm being a lot more selective now.

Having said all of that, I haven't really heard anything bad about the show, and I'm happy for the fans that it got renewed for season 2!