Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Hellboy in Hell #9–10

By Mike Mignola
    Colours by Dave Stewart

On sale May 4, 2016

Hellboy faces demons furious about the fall of Hell and his role in it, and another family member makes an appearance.
    • First part in the two-issue conclusion to Hellboy in Hell!

That's coming out sooner than I thought it would. I wonder which family member will make an appearance. Maybe his mother, Sarah Hughes. Do you know what the name of the final story arc is?

Quote Originally Posted by topfueluhl View Post
    That's coming out sooner than I thought it would. I wonder which family member will make an appearance. Maybe his mother, Sarah Hughes. Do you know what the name of the final story arc is?
    I haven't been given permission to say.

Comes out on my daughter's 4th bday! Fun

I love the cover for issue #10

Mike Mignola details the end of Hellboy in Hell

The Claw of Justice!

That cover is spectacular. Sad to see the end of such a magnificent series... but really looking forward to this!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by LobsterJohnson View Post
    That cover is spectacular. Sad to see the end of such a magnificent series... but really looking forward to this!
    I love it. can't wait, But like you said will be sad to see it end.

Mighty Member

Cool. Hope it ends with a bang. I've only read Conqueror Worm years ago. Will probably read from beginning to end when it's all said and done

Amazing Member

i doubt its the last we see of hellboy. this is just the end of his time in hell, who knows where he will travel to next. sir edward can leave hell whenever he wants, as we have seen many times over the years. whats to stop him bringing hellboy someplace else or some time else.

we have seen that time flows very differently in hell. he has meet people who are still alive like Jules Dulot who died in 1819, and helped save his soul in the story The Three Gold Whips. this was long before Hellboy died in 2012. so Sir Edward could bring him back in time to the time of the Hyperboreans, or any other time.

as for other places we have all ready seen The Thrice-Nine lands, in the Thrice-Ten Kingdom. there could be other lands like this.

what ever the future holds for Hellboy, I'm sure his story will be interesting as always.

Issue 9 is The Spanish Bride and 10 is For Whom the Bell Tolls.

Amazing Member

Would that make it a logical assumption that the 'family member' is the woman from 'Hellboy Gets Married' or whatever that short was called?

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Issue 9 is The Spanish Bride and 10 is For Whom the Bell Tolls.
    Thanks! Now the cover for #9 makes perfect sense. The gold snake is Hellboy's wedding ring from "Hellboy Gets Married".

Fantastic Member

Does kinda seem like this might be the end of Hellboy's story as we know it from that interview. At least we have Hellboy and the BPRD to keep us going, and who knows? Perhaps he's coming back to Earth (though that's probably not a good thing for Earth.)

Hellboy in Hell #10, announced as the final issue.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...-in-hell-issue

All-New Member

So is this the last of Hellboy story in the current timeline? I'm a little confused. All the interviews I've read in regards to these final 2 issues of Hellboy in Hell seem to imply it's the final stories for Hellboy in the current timeline. Is that the case? Anybody know? I know were getting past tales in Hellboy and the BPRD but I'm hoping we continue to see big red in the current timeline as BPRD and all the others progress.