Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    God know,that would make ppl think he was even more of a Superman knockoff,and that's NOT what we want.

Might as well call him your friendly neighborhood martian.
    Your friendly neighborhood Martian-Man.

I never thought of J'Onn having Spidey's powers. At least, it would make him unique in the DCU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Your friendly neighborhood Martian-Man.

I never thought of J'Onn having Spidey's powers. At least, it would make him unique in the DCU.

God don't give them any ideas lol.

I wish they would just make him a badass shapeshifter who is also a badass telepath,the ultimate movie/tv alien powerset,but with a sweet,warm guy who likes chocos,and is the heart of ANY team he is on

Quote Originally Posted by LEGO J'onn J'onzz
    More like Martian Dancehunter, amIright?
    It's settled, we're changing it immediately.

More seriously, I'm pretty sure that when I was a kid watching the first few episodes of the Justice League cartoon, I thought his name was "Martian Man". I don't think that'd actually work that well, but I'm not against just "Martian" or "the Martian", which pre-Matt Damon blockbuster, was totally the name I'd have chosen for a Martian Manhunter movie.

Personally, I don't think I ever call him "Martian Manhunter", in stark contrast to Superman or Wonder Woman, I pretty much always say "J'onn" or "J'onn J'onzz". Probably picked that up from the JL cartoon as well.

Of course, selling a book called "J'onn J'onzz" probably wouldn't work that well. What about giving him one of those ridiculous Stan Lee adjectives and adding that to a shortened title?
    "The Magnificent Martian!" "The Magnanimous Martian!" "The Majestic Martian!" "The Marauding Martian!" Maybe?

My favorite take on J'onn is something like New Frontier or Young Justice, where he's just one of millions of Martians sitting up there on Ma’aleca’andra. The biology of both those versions helps a lot, and I once drew a picture of NF J'onn in his Martian form with his cape. Thought it looked pretty good.

I don't really mind his million powers as long as they're scaled down. Just so long as he's not as strong or fast as a Kryptonian or Daxamite, as good at shape-shifting as a Durlan, as good at density shifting as a Bgztlite, or as good at psionics as a Titanian.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    It's settled, we're changing it immediately.

More seriously, I'm pretty sure that when I was a kid watching the first few episodes of the Justice League cartoon, I thought his name was "Martian Man". I don't think that'd actually work that well, but I'm not against just "Martian" or "the Martian", which pre-Matt Damon blockbuster, was totally the name I'd have chosen for a Martian Manhunter movie.

Personally, I don't think I ever call him "Martian Manhunter", in stark contrast to Superman or Wonder Woman, I pretty much always say "J'onn" or "J'onn J'onzz". Probably picked that up from the JL cartoon as well.

Of course, selling a book called "J'onn J'onzz" probably wouldn't work that well. What about giving him one of those ridiculous Stan Lee adjectives and adding that to a shortened title?
    "The Magnificent Martian!" "The Magnanimous Martian!" "The Majestic Martian!" "The Marauding Martian!" Maybe?

My favorite take on J'onn is something like New Frontier or Young Justice, where he's just one of millions of Martians sitting up there on Ma’aleca’andra. The biology of both those versions helps a lot, and I once drew a picture of NF J'onn in his Martian form with his cape. Thought it looked pretty good.

I don't really mind his million powers as long as they're scaled down. Just so long as he's not as strong or fast as a Kryptonian or Daxamite, as good at shape-shifting as a Durlan, as good at density shifting as a Bgztlite, or as good at psionics as a Titanian.

Man I love the "scaled down",but have all the powers idea,that makes so much more sense,and as a whole would still make him one of the most powerful beings anywhere.

Well I could go for his actual name,IF it was like -- kon-el:agent of Cadmus,but instead whatever jonn is or does would be his subtitle.

Jonn jonzz: the martian detective or whatever he did on Mars,which I don't really know for sure,anybody know the answer?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Maybe we should turn this into a J'onn J'onzz Workshop thread?

List Pros, Cons, Essential brand kit items, Problem areas, Revision suggestions, etc.
    http://breadthofpopsanity.blogspot.c...-thoughts.html

I'm game

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    Would you prefer to carry that conversation to your blog, in this thread, or start a new one?

Incredible Member

I will leave it to you do decide.

I only use my blog so it's easy to reference.

I'll start a new thread this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Man I love the "scaled down",but have all the powers idea,that makes so much more sense,and as a whole would still make him one of the most powerful beings anywhere.

Well I could go for his actual name,IF it was like -- kon-el:agent of Cadmus,but instead whatever jonn is or does would be his subtitle.

Jonn jonzz: the martian detective or whatever he did on Mars,which I don't really know for sure,anybody know the answer?
    Glad you like the "scaled down" idea too, seems pretty natural to me!

The Martian name for law enforcement translates to "manhunters" though, so we're kind of out of luck looking for a new name in that category.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Glad you like the "scaled down" idea too, seems pretty natural to me!

The Martian name for law enforcement translates to "manhunters" though, so we're kind of out of luck looking for a new name in that category.

Scaled down would make him more street level,so his detective schtick can work better.

And no that doesnt mean I want him a puny weakling.instead of arm wrestling Superman,how about he morph his self around as he attacks,phase when he gets punched at,then morphs a huge fist and punches the **** out of him.

His powerset is just perfect for sneaking and observing,not all about bursting through walls and blasting someone.

Jonn jonnz the martian detective,or just Jonn jonnz the martian

With the somewhat poor track record of Manhunters, not to mention how many there's been, I really wouldn't object to him just being called 'The Manhunter'.
    'Martian' Manhunter is more or less a product of the Atomic Age B-movie horror era, and he's been around long enough for most other characters to know he's a Martian
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.