Opposing team:

Orion
    Big Barda
    Darkseid
    Kalibak
    Thor
    Beta Ray Bill
    Ulik

Pretty sure they still just BFR him under normal conditions, but could they defeat him without resorting to that option?

Fight takes place in Asgard castle.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

And now, an interesting thing about this fight: Thor has enough people to run interference for him that he could actually use the Godblast here as a combat move.

Alternatively this is Jane Thor and she just releases the galactic death storm inside Mjolnir and there you are because sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    And now, an interesting thing about this fight: Thor has enough people to run interference for him that he could actually use the Godblast here as a combat move.

Alternatively this is Jane Thor and she just releases the galactic death storm inside Mjolnir and there you are because sigh.
    Whoops, I intended classic Thor.

What's the toughest thing Godblast has dropped? Potentially that is the way to go, yeah.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

That time he wrapped the belt of strength around the hammer to steady it and the energies channeled by the godblast cracked Exitar's braincase is probably one of its best, in the sense that Exitar momentarily felt the hit. That did also destroy the hammer though. Granted for fight purposes it's not like Thor has to care if he destroys mjolnir or not.

He put Juggs on his ass with it, freaking him out a bit for stopping his momentum. I don't see DD shrugging that off.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

BANNED

wonder if it is the god blast that is his divine power which has exponentially grown to full strength to be called Thor force or is it Odin force that king Thor has inherited in future. I have a hazy recollection that it is Odin force now called Thor force but not sure about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    That time he wrapped the belt of strength around the hammer to steady it and the energies channeled by the godblast cracked Exitar's braincase is probably one of its best, in the sense that Exitar momentarily felt the hit. That did also destroy the hammer though. Granted for fight purposes it's not like Thor has to care if he destroys mjolnir or not.
    True, a win is a win in Rumbles. If he is willing to blow up Mjolnir I am pretty sure that finishes nearly any DD off.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    He put Juggs on his ass with it, freaking him out a bit for stopping his momentum. I don't see DD shrugging that off.
    This however, I'm not sure about. This God Blast (and others) did NOT blow up his hammer. Juggernaut is roughly Thanos level durability right? Hard to tell I suppose.

In Action Comics #960 (just finished it today), Rebirth Doomsday took over 4,000 super speed punches to the face from Superman in nearly an instant. All that happened is Superman ripped his /own/ knuckles up and bleeding all over DD. DD himself was fine. He also grabbed Wonder Woman's sword by the blade and tore it from her hands with no injury.

Like... that's pretty good.

Edit: initially I wasn't sure if the blood was DD's or Supes, so I messaged the art team
    https://twitter.com/TylerKirkhamArt/...98995644309504
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 01-02-2018 at 04:39 PM.
    - big_adventure

Thor and Beta Ray Bill can destroy planets. Admittedly, I don't know anything about New 52 Doomsday. He get some kind of power upgrade?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    Thor and Beta Ray Bill can destroy planets. Admittedly, I don't know anything about New 52 Doomsday. He get some kind of power upgrade?
    Eh. Bill has destroyed a planetoid, but within the on text of the story there's a pretty good case it wasn't a full earth sized planet, which arguably fits better with his overall career... I don't think Thor has ever actually destroyed a planet. While you could make a case he could, by that standard of evidence a lot of other dudes could. Including post crisis Superman, whom this version of Doomsday takes 4000 super speed punches from without harm.

As for Doomsday, he's more akin to someone like Ultron whose powers vary based on incarnation to incarnation. It's rare that any two appearances are effectively the same character.

Jane Thor could probably solo everyone here. Lol.

I think it was Bill with the planet busting feat.

As far as Thor, I've never really had a problem saying the feat from Thor 468 was a legitimate planet busting feat. I always thought the strange "ocular" effect we got from the artist was more "as seen from Odin's view...".
    Attachment 60257

and then....

Attachment 60258

by the time we see Thor slam Bill and destroy the "planetoid", it appears to have shrunk down to a large "circus ball". Just....doesn't make sense, unless the writer was simply trying to convey some strange ocular effect as Odin pulls Thor up into view.

*shrugs*

The final 2 attachments don't appear to be working. At least not for me. Just fyi
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    The final 2 attachments don't appear to be working. At least not for me. Just fyi
    Sorry about that. Not sure what's going on there...

So, at the beginning of Thor 468, Odin is having a dialogue with Balder. In the second panel, right, notice Odin is looking at the "universe".
    odinocular.jpg

In the bottom panel of the same scan above, notice it appears the same "universe" has grown as if magnified.

Hence, when we see this....

odinocular1.jpg

...My impression is that the reader is still viewing it from Odin's "magnified" perspective.

Notice also, that when Thor puts the beat down on BRB....
    odinocular2.jpg